User Tag List

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Last night, I got an amazing night sleep which I think I needed but I really did not want to get up this morning. I did let myself sleep in a little as it was the first night in a couple nights I slept through the night.

We got snow last night, does not look like we got as much as they were calling for but we will see once I go outside to shovel.

Yesterday was a bit of a struggle for me, I could not focus and I felt like I was anxious but could not figure out why. I made myself work for an hour or so and then took a break but no longer than 15 minutes. On my breaks I worked on deep cleaning the outside of the cabinets in the kitchen, spray cleaner, scrubbing perfect mind shift. It worked but it took me all day working in 10 to 15 minute increments to get the cabinets and counters done, but they are done.

I am hard-core procrastinating on a work project. It just is not coming together but today I need to focus and get it done.

Last night I made Creamy Chicken Mushroom Skillet for dinner, we wanted something warm and comforting but easy and it was perfect. It is a one-pan meal which I love. Tonight's dinner is a mystery so far, although thinking maybe a nice Beef Stew since I need to go out and clean up all of this snow.

Happy Thursday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just made a Hollister order for my boys for Christmas. Hoodies and long sleeve tops.
    This seems to be the best deal on hoodies etc.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Morning all. Back to work today when I really just want to go back to bed.

I had purchased some skin care products from TSC at the end of December that was a smoking deal and is a product that I really like and feel it works. So I had taken some to my mom to let her try it and she found that she loved it too so she’d wanted to buy it bumpy now it was substantially more money so she didn’t. Well, I signed up for TSC emails (20% off first order) and went through Rakuten for 10% CB and secretly ordered it for her. I saved over $50 plus I got free shipping which would be about another $15. So I gave it to her last night as her early anniversary gift.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post

I had purchased some skin care products from TSC at the end of December that was a smoking deal and is a product that I really like and feel it works. So I had taken some to my mom to let her try it and she found that she loved it too so she’d wanted to buy it bumpy now it was substantially more money so she didn’t. Well, I signed up for TSC emails (20% off first order) and went through Rakuten for 10% CB and secretly ordered it for her. I saved over $50 plus I got free shipping which would be about another $15. So I gave it to her last night as her early anniversary gift.

@harbie THAT is what makes you a smart canucker!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had ordered the other day from Hollister for my oldest DS's birthday bag. I added a ball cap for me (for bad hair days lol) and a hoody. I LOVE it!
    The material is perfect and soft!! (my PUMA hoody is so thick and heavy) WOW so happy I took a chance since I always order for my boys and never for myself.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , great deal, sometimes you have to work the systems to make it work.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yup,lots of snow and now a parking problem to resolve.....no parking grrr.....
    I so hate to live in a place where they are no parking and parking problem...reallly it is a big problem!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://www.facebook.com/TheHolderne...43088774505925

so funny,exagerated but true at the same time!!!
    The 5 stages of costco..the Holderness familly hahah...they make so funny videos
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Jan 26th, 2023 at 12:01 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Snow is shovelled, and the cars are dug out. There was a lot of snow out there but luckily it was not super heavy. I was a bit worried as when it first started snowing it looked like that heavy wet snow that is so hard to shovel. Although it did freeze up on the cars so I let them run well I cleared them off and then made sure I could get them over the plow hump. If I could not I would have shovelled out the front of the cars but happy I did not have to.

Mom does not want Stew for Dinner which is fine, will come up with a plan b. She is looking on her Pinterest as she said she saw a recipe she wanted to try.

I have some cut up Pineapple to use up, thinking maybe a Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Anyone looking to take advantage of Spend $20 and get 2,000 pts at Esso with PC Points Days note this one is only available until the 29th.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon hubby shovelled the bit that snowed overnight ,but not where the plow shoved the snow at end of our driveway ,so i had to pick up 2 hunks and heave them.To put my blue boxes out .

Just relaxing today as we watch the girls all day on friday .P.A day. So have them from 7.00 til 6.00 p.m.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kitchen Stuff Plus has free shipping on orders over $25. Our Countertop Cheese Grater broke and it was our favourite one, the bigger one.

I checked on Amazon and the smaller one I bought like 2 years ago for $17.99 is now $45.99.

So I decided to go ahead and order the one from Kitchen Stuff Plus but their free shipping is over $75 and there is no store close to us. I had them quote shipping and it was $12 something so I have held off.

Ordered it today and the site did pick up free shipping on $24.99 (if it did not, I would have added a sponge) so just saved $12 something on shipping or gas on driving to the closest location which is 45 minutes to an hour away.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post

@harbie what products did you order from TSC?
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @harbie what products did you order from TSC?
    M. Asam Resveratrol Lifting Cream

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Back from Mexico yesterday landing during the snowstorm. Puerto Vallarta is very safe. However I was annoyed at home much people lie, saying they are from Westjet when they are selling time shares - at the airport, in the hotels, etc. Discovered halls multi-flavoured lozenges which I wished were sold in Canada.

Almost fell over when I opened my recent Enbridge gas bill. Normally during the winter I pay about $100 a month, the most recent bill was for $253.00!!! I keep my house at 20C during the day and 17C at night. How are other SC faring with the increased natural gas prices?
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Jan 26th, 2023 at 11:16 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information