User Tag List

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

not been online so much those past 2 weeks...back pain and new anxiety pills causing me a lots of sleep...hope it will resolve by the time returning to school in 2 weeks...not even opening yet my books...grrr.....
    have a wonderful evening and night
    dinner was so good(check the whats for dinner thread I posted)
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I love when I can have a no spend day and I worked in the city, I decided to maintain my no spend and drink office coffee which was ok and I was super busy so it was fine. ai packed my lunch and ate at my desk. Then out to dinner and the company paid and my transit is paid so woo hoo.
    we had an amazing month financially and I sure master card is wondering what the heck is up, but I do find the eat from the pantry freezer/ catches up by April, but for now it’s good. We did splurge on the weekend and I bought the kids dinner out. I was not interested in pizza so I had leftovers. I think this weekend I will make the dough and we will do our own pizza.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Did an Amazon order ( I never do these). Ordered my shampoo and conditioner and dry shampoo since I’m having a difficult time finding a retailer that sells it here (my hairdresser is 500km away and not going to drive to get it ). Dh ordered his yoga blocks that I’ll use too. I cashed in our Telus rewards and was able to get $70 in Amazon.ca GC’s so a $255.57 bill dropped to $185.57

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yesterday brag:Socks are always pricey for me..so last time I bought them at Dollorama...lol..big fail...They are not comfortable and tiny made in polyester not cotton...
    A good pair of sock is at least 6$ at l'aubainerie and cpc...so I checked Jean Coutu Pharmacy( witch I tought they where pricey...but they are not in special!!!)
    And they are more comfortable and warmer more thick...And they are in cotton so more quality ..8 pairs for 14$...average of 1, 75$ I think per pair of sock I think..so it worth checking!!! (I am in QC)
    Even the cashier said they where not expensive and wow!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jan 31st, 2023 at 05:27 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Yesterday brag:Socks are always pricey for me..so last time I bought them at Dollorama...lol..big fail...They are not comfortable and tiny made in polyester not cotton...
    A good pair of sock is at least 6$ at l'aubainerie and cpc...so I checked Jean Coutu Pharmacy( witch I tought they where pricey...but they are not in special!!!)
    And they are more comfortable and warmer more thick...And they are in cotton so more quality ..8 pairs for 14$...average of 1, 75$ I think per pair of sock I think..so it worth checking!!! (I am in QC)
    I am a beast with footwear. I found Darn Tough and was told about their incredible warranty.
    https://darntough.com/pages/faqs-warranty-program

In a nutshell, if you wear a hole in them, we will replace them free of charge, for life. Things that generally are not covered—disappeared in the dryer, the dog ate them, too close to a campfire, theft by friend or foe, etc., etc. However, all claims made in good faith will be considered.
    They are expensive at $40/pair, but they are Merino wool. However, if you consider that you might never need to pay for another pair of socks in your lifetime, it can work out to cheap as borscht. Of course, you are responsible for the postage back to the company. I am thinking long and hard about taking them up and buying a few pair after all the pairs I found for free.

Anyone else found similar warranties like this one? I thought the company must be insane to offer it. I am told that they have been in business about 40 years, so they aren't a fly-by-night operation.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Cath I find the price of socks/boxers/underwear has really gone up the past few years.
    I usually buy socks and undies at Costco. I also watch Sportchek for clearance deals.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Still snowing here!

Last night I needed something sweet so I made a tray of Quick easy bars. I will keep one each for us and pack up the rest and drop off at my friends house. (I wanted them to try)

Dinner tonight is fend for yourself I think. Will suggest breakfast for dinner since we have so many eggs/bread/open hashbrown bags and I found a few packs of bacon while cleaning out the freezer. I am so happy with the freezer clean out and how organized it is. So much stuff to plan meals with which is great.
    When I see hamburger buns on sale I will grab them because we have burger patties in the freezer.

I will put a load of laundry on tonight and hang to dry. Think I will clean out another dresser drawer. There is one that has tons of crap clothes in it that I will toss (the stuff that I kept for painting etc) I will move a few of those items with the paint stuff and take my drawer back!

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, there was no snow in the forecast for today but it is snowing. I realize it is winter in Ontario but I just find this winter is so blah. Also does not help that I was looking at the weather on my phone which is saying right now the next sunny day will be Monday.

I was working in my Bullet Journal last night getting ready for February and I think I need to make a trip to Dollarama and Walmart before the weekend. I need to get a Dishwasher cleaner and think I will grab a Washing Machine Cleaner as well. Normally I use vinegar and baking soda but think I need to get the cleaner.

I went to grab a Dishwasher Cleaner at No Frills last week, it was on sale for $11.24, the exact same product at Walmart is 2 for $10.

I am kind of spinning a bit as I feel like there are a million things I want/need to get done but there just are not enough hours in the day. This is kind of nice because I feel like I have been feeling a little bit blah lately and things have been more of a Chore vs Let's get this done.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, lots of options just need to figure out what we feel like.

Happy Tuesday.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We also buy our socks at Costco, the ones we like usually go on sale around Christmas and I always grab us both a pack which lasts us the year, if not longer. I have not opened the new pack I grabbed this year yet but have them when needed.

I am rough on socks, just like shoes, my feet are not sock/shoe friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @Cath I find the price of socks/boxers/underwear has really gone up the past few years.
    I usually buy socks and undies at Costco. I also watch Sportchek for clearance deals.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Socks -i find them very hard to find for myself size 9 ladies here.So i bought mens last month crew socks from the gap reduced 2.99 a pair (i got 5 or 6 pairs.)My sister-in-law also gave me the few my brother had after he passed ,i gladley took them nice and loose at the top.

Cath-i found some at rexall last yr on clearance i think 1.75 a pair white nice thin socks .

Oh and my daughter-in-law bought a 6 pkg of roots socks at costco and she gave me one pair out of them they fit me .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 31st, 2023 at 09:56 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Mixed bag of life today,the sun is brightly shining and kitty is taking advantage of it.Meanwhile I'm spinning my wheels on figuring out PC points offers while at the same time nursing usual pain.Long story short, not worthwhile for me to try and figure out anything when in pain but thank you for reading this far.
    Christmas seems forever ago and yet January seems to have flown by.If that's not enough to wrap your mind around I saw that @harbie mentioned that she had some plants popping through the ground.Same country but different weather for the most part.
    When all is said and done I am blessed because my needs are met and usually more than that.Unfortunately many are not as fortunate.
    I do hope that others are able to experience the sunshine today and as I often say take life one day/hour/minute per day Lord,whatever the case may be!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Looks like I spoke too soon @Skippy. Woke up to snow this morning! WHAT?!?? Name:  21F4A88F-8849-4E10-8E59-74E4FAE70DBE.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  85.6 KB

This weather thing is nuts. Rainy, the sunny, the super cold and windy then sunny, then snow?! I really need to head south

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Think I will clean out another dresser drawer. There is one that has tons of crap clothes in it that I will toss (the stuff that I kept for painting etc) I will move a few of those items with the paint stuff and take my drawer back!
    I try to do the same with my worn-out running shoes and ripped clothes. I keep them for dirty chores, but never seem able use them up! Finally, I just had to throw out 7 pairs of running shoes. I still have a couple for yard work, but there was simply no way I was going to use up the others. The same with torn jeans and shirts.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I am rough on socks, just like shoes, my feet are not sock/shoe friendly.
    My feet are just a cosmetic disaster. I can understand why women paint their toenails. Mine are all mis-shapen and deformed, from all the pounding they take. Ugly as sin.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    My feet are just a cosmetic disaster. I can understand why women paint their toenails. Mine are all mis-shapen and deformed, from all the pounding they take. Ugly as sin.
    Invest in a 2Kg bag of plain Epsom salts and treat feet to a weekly or twice per week warm water soak with generous amount of salts. The Magnesium offers relief (but not on any cuts-salt makes ouches worse) for tired toes and feet and gives nails a boost if they have any issues. And do use moisturizer afterwards and a fresh pair of socks for a really good set-up for bedtime!
    harbie, barbis9 and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information