User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , so nice of you to help your neighbour. Yes, it is so hard when the mind starts to go especially if there is no there to help.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Today's last Internet session of the week is intent to get through digital flyers. Also about 6 receipt surveys to enter. Super keen to win a high value gift card to spree with. Got that shopping itch!

Also, I was restless around 5am. Ended waking by 6:30am. Guess I am doing the pre-clock change shift to DST. Decided I needed 2 Hungry Man meals for breakfast: turkey meal and backyard bbq. I love turkey-the other meal was ok but both times, there was corn with mashed potatoes. I love potatoes but corn is regulated to popcorn and tortillas/tacos for me. Going to miss this brand of meals when they disappear! $3.88 at Food Basics if you are hungry today (last day of deal).

Will trek in the melting snow to nab some fallen branches. Hoping tomorrow I can get a little raking done and bag the results!

Got my bank counter statement. Realized yesterday's shopping was transaction 13 for February and I will have 19 cents left after monthly service charge and extra transaction fee are taken out (not yet as per statement). Must stop back in bank to add some $ to account on walk home. Sigh. At least I know today.
    @Ciel21 why are you paying bank account fees? With Tangerine, free banking, free EFT, and free withdrawals from any Scotiabank machines. I haven't paid any service fees for years.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Received an annoying letter from Proctor and Gamble. Last March (2022) I called them about an allergic reaction to one of their creams. Turns out it was heavily fragranced and end up being discontinued. They said last year they were going to send replacement coupons. I asked several times if they wanted the product back - they said no. Recently I called about a product that I could no longer find on the shelves - it was discontinued. While on the phone, I inquired about the missing coupons, from last year. They looked and said no street number was indicated on their end, and that they would send me the replacement coupons.

This past week I get a letter, saying that in order to get my coupons, I need to send the product back! I called and explained that the product is now in the landfill somewhere, as they did not want it back when I called last year. There stance is unless I produce the product, they will not issue any replacement coupons. Ok you have a lost a long term customer. The letter went on to basically say they didn't believe I had a reaction, etc.

To everyone on this forum - DO NOT buy any Olay products! They do NOT stand behind their products which are fragranced (big irritant), doesn't absorb in the skin (piles), etc. No thank you P&G.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The dishwasher has been emptied and reloaded, ugh, it sat for a couple of days so more than likely we will need to run it again tonight.

Did the few hand dishes.

Cooked off a pack of bacon Mom took out the other day and then I did my produce prep, I feel like it took me a long time to prep this week but there was a lot of produce to be cut up or processed. The romaine, cucumbers, celery, carrots, green onions and strawberries have been processed and prepped for the week. I do still have a Cantaloupe I need cut up. I also grated our cheese for the week. I still need to make some homemade Salad Dressing and I want to make Whipped Greek Yogurt.

There are now a few more dishes to be washed but before I did the dishes I went out and did the shovelling. OH MY, that was not fun, it is the wet heavy stuff. It was not hard to get off the cars as the snow just slide off, I was able to get Mom's car out but did not even try to move mine. After clearing my car off the snow is now up over my front bumper. I will need to dig it out but shovelling the stairs was enough for me for right now.

Still need to figure out dinner for tonight. I wanted Lasagna but I will be honest, that now seems like a lot of work.

I need to take a shower after shovelling so I will see how I feel after my shower.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow, we got a lot of snow and it’s warming up so it’s heavy. Our very old trusty snowblower got a workout today. I had planned to stay in today although the roads are clear but my dear father in law wants a new watch battery so the younger son and I will pick him up for a trip to the mall.
    The sun is shining so at least it’s pretty.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!!
    Snowy here to in QC,I took another power nap and woke up much after the time I wanted to get up grrr.Body must need it
    Noticed I did not get paid like promised and expected this week(wednesday) so will have to see what is the problem.....I will have to talk to the responsible of he program in school or call my program responsible... Last pay was in january...
    Renewed my medication,asked for the taxes papers medication at the pharmacy and got my buss pass for the march month.
    Have a good rest of afternoon everyone!!!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

What a difference a day makes...got about a foot of snow. DW had to do the shovelling to get the truck out of the driveway for work.Fortunately the next door neighbour helped her out.Sidewalk is still buried as I can't risk shovelling the heavy stuff.Body hurts probably because I didn't walk but could also be from cleaning up around the place.Done for the day but still will do what I can.
    Encouraging to read how others help their neighbours.Fortunately it's that way around here too.Can I also say how encouraging it still is to see SC people helping one another.The world certainly could use a little more of that.
    Be the blessing that you would have others be to you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So it was a tough time this morning. It’s truly heartbreaking to see this lady struggling. I saw her coiled notebook with pages and pages of “incidents” at really random hours. Very detailed notes. I was also told that when she stands in the area to write in her book she gets “some liquid sprayed on her back and legs that burns like acid “ and she points to the direction of the sprinkler . Apparently the fab liner under the sofa is hiding something underneath and white powder comes out when you tap it. About 2.5 weeks ago she told me it smelled like ether coming from underneath the love seat and it was making her sick. Normally she would leave when I do the floors but she stayed this time which made it stressful. It really breaks my heart.

When I got back I ripped apart the bedroom and rage cleaned. Removed the end tables, Macguyver’d a way to clean the baseboard behind our headboard, cleaned all the rails underneath (we have an adjustable bed so the tracks were BAD!), vacuumed the headboard, did all the baseboards, window, blinds, tv ,closet and regular doors, vacuumed the mattresses and washed and put on all new clean bedding and swiffered the walls. I’m done.

Tomorrow might just have to be a rest day even though I’ve scheduled a super deep detailed spring move out kinda clean for each room.

Now what to do about dinner tonight……

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie .....Rage cleaning! THAT is the elusive term I was looking for! I do my best cleaning when I am enraged.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There was a lack of volunteers for today’s junior boys basketball tournament with 4 games. I worked the entire event, volunteer hours that I’ll bank towards an EDO. If I don’t use my EDOs, then I get paid out for it at the end of the school year. That resulted in expectedly little school work getting done. I’m now the only one left in the school. I packed all of the meals that I ate today. I’m currently eating supper before settling down to see how much I can accomplish before heading home to sleep.

I expect Monday to be a crazy/stressful day. Elementary report cards are due that day, which I’m nearly done the comments for. The first of my second semester formal evaluations is on Monday, so I need to finalize those plans and documents for my principal…these documents go on my permanent record at this school division’s school division office. I have a new student starting on Monday. My twin girl had a dental appointment last week and both boys have their dental cleaning on Monday.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Mar 4th, 2023 at 07:52 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m exhausted and have too much left on the to do list for tomorrow. I plan on doing a quick load of laundry while I meal prep first thing in the morning, before heading to the school for the rest of the day. I’m not setting an early alarm, since I know that I also need my sleep.

Pork loin roast in the oven
    pan fry chicken breast with lemon juice and dried spices (this will go with the bagged broccoli salad kit that I bought for $3.99)
    Cook rice to go with pork roast and California veggies.
    Cook ground beef with ground pork & onion (great pizza topping & goes well with the rice)
    Fresh veggies - cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, grapes, apple
    Chia seed pudding

edit: I’ve recently been using an app to earn Amazon gift cards. I’m trying to loose some weight/inches, but I am finding it difficult to do with the long hours I have been working.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Mar 4th, 2023 at 11:42 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning change of plans yesterday son called and asked if we could go to his house and watch cara as she had a fever .We said sure ,he called toronto to see if they could cancel the play they were seeing but they couldnt.

So off to sons for 3.30 p.m grabbed a pizza slice before we left late lunch .I tried to not get so close to cara as i was feeling better yesterday except for my one arthritic knee.So much fun putting my grandchild to bed and telling a storey to her ,she was in bed at 7.20 p.m.

I did 2 loads of laundry for son /his wife folded and put theirs on the floor of their room and put the girls clothing in their drawers.Then watched a documentary on disney plus with hubby ,couldnt watch netflicks as they had a locked password to put in and i didnt want to bother them on their nice date night .

Got home at 12.15 a.m .Hoping to see my daughter and sebastian this friday we are going to watch him at his jujitsu(he just started last month) and then spend the night .
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I slept last night but I am finding lately I do not get the same quality of sleep as I do if I take melatonin, but I do not like taking it night after night. Maybe I will discuss it with my Doc next time I am going in for something else.

Tried on all of my leggings this morning, for sure there are 3 pairs I am keeping, but I bought a 3-pack and I am not sure they fit a little different so those may go back. Mom has tried on 1 of her 2 pairs and is keeping the one but needs to try on the second.

Before my shower this morning I cleaned the bathroom but I still need to do the floor, I did not take the vacuum up with me as I wasn't planning to clean the bathroom. Am I only the only one that spontaneously cleans?

Have a feeling today is going to be a slower day which is okay. I do have a few more things I need to get done but shouldn't take too long.

Last night I decided to go with my craving and we had Lazy Lasagna, Cheesy Garlic Naan and Caesar Salad.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery, we have many options, just not sure what I feel like. We could do a Roast Chicken, or cook off a Pork Tenderloin, or there is a Chicken Dish I have been making in the Dutch Oven, it has Chicken, Carrots & Mushrooms in a creamy sauce and we serve it over Mashed Potatoes that is an option. Or it is Sunday and Mom does enjoy a Sunday pizza night, we could have pizza and watch a movie. Hmmm options, I am not always good with options.

Happy Sunday Everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!!

Had a wonderful night away with the girls. It really was a fun packed day/night. The storm hit late Friday night but it was sunshine and clear roads when we were ready to leave the hotel after noon on Saturday.
    Yesterday was a lazy day. I did wash and hang to dry one load of laundry at least.

This morning I dropped DS off at work and then hit up Walmart (clearance BLSL chicken) No Frills (mushrooms/romaine/clementines/rye bread and eggs.
    Then hit Independant to redeem the 2 offers I wanted to use club pack PC Chocolate chips $5.99 (reg $12.99!) x 2 and 1 x $1.99 Ketchup.
    (chocolate chips was on my list as we were out and wow are the prices really crazy on these now) Put the stuff in car and then took a walk downtown to the town dock

Now home. Just made eggs and toast for breakfast. Have a pot of basmatti rice cooking Put the BLSL in a glass container with milk and have them in the fridge to marinate for awhile Making the chicken with greek yogurt/parm cheese etc

Will have a shower soon and then take a walk to CT to see it I can work a deal with point offers I have.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The snow....ugh. We cleared some, we shoveled ( some ), all in shifts ( bad backs and knees ) and this morning DS finished off the last issue, clearing whatever was still interfering with our satellite dish. The HD channels wouldn't come in all last night but the SD channels did? It was bad enough to watch the Leafs blow another game but watching it in SD was awful. Yeah, we're spoiled that way, I prefer the crispness of HD.

Then, we totally forgot to switch the taping of SNL to SD from HD and so grrrr! it did not record.
    Luckily was able to catch most of it on YouTube this morning....such a good episode too, every skit was decent and funny ( often a rare occurrence ).

Big (((hugs ))) to you @Angela273 . Your plate is still so full of responsibilities as a teacher, Mom and wife....those to do lists grows every day.
    At least you are as organized as one can be!! Keep up the great work.
    @coupon girl that was an unexpected treat to tuck sweet Cara into bed. Stay healthy at all costs!
    @SassyAshley you had me cheer-leading along with your post until I read those 2 words ....spontaneously cleans. Hmmm, there may be a medicine available to curb that behaviour.

All kidding aside, you have amazing prep skills and that keeps most of your schedule intact. Dinners are always a pita to decide upon though, I go through that too.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Mar 5th, 2023 at 11:11 AM.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information