User Tag List

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone,!!!
    What a rollercoaster week it was...and still his...I am very tired,and I had some small dizzyness because of that..not fun
    Will have to think of lunchs with more proteins too and options
    So ....I am very stressed because I had to sign a contract with school this afternoon .....basically it is said that I will have to do 4 exams in 1 month and no failure or I will lost my program financing and will be kick it out of the school..very severe ...
    So this week end 125 pages of excel and 6 hours of class left for that for the pre exam exercice and exam wednesday afternoon...oh boy wish me luck....so hard working it will be
    And I take only 30 minutes to eat lunch and work 30 minutes in class during lunch break(we have 1 hour)
    I touch rock right now for the bus ...We cannot left before 3:44 and the bus pass at 3:42 otherwhise I have to wait another 30 minutes and it is so crowded....So I dont miss the 3:42 buss lately,hope it will continue this way!!! The bus sign is at 5 minutes walking from the school...
    Have a good night
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 11th, 2023 at 06:56 AM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : so sorry you cannot see your familly..must be so hard
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good luck on those 4 exams @cath007 !!!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@walkonby :thank you very much
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 , hope your ankle heals quickly.

@cath007 , good luck with your exams.
    Skippy, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : thank you very much!!! @barbis9 : hope your ankle heals quickly and not to much pain
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning!!!
    I need to think about my grocery shopping list for tomorrow as well as some easy and quick to prepare dinners for this week
    Sunday: leftover sausages with mashed patatoes
    and .....
    I have in the freezer chicken breasts,pork tenderlion,garlic and herbs butterfly shrimps,a big bag of Costco cooked shrimps(thinking a shrimp chinese rice,croque monsieurs( croissants,ham and cheese),maybe a breakfest for dinner as I have bacon and eggs to use so far(,so will go from there
    Not so much on my grocery list this week..I need to recheck the flyers tough
    Planning to maybe use the slow cooker again for the chicken and the pork tenderlion
    I think I have a bit of a planning yes!!!
    Yay the strawberries 2 packages are still good because they where in the fridge..I will repurchase another 2 packages and a cantaloupe because they are my afternoon snack.They are in sale at IGA this week.
    Lucky us,in QC,the blueberries and strawberries and grapes are in a various flyer to pm week after week...Dad like blueberries in his morning Special K vanilla almond cereals(and btw much tastier that way and less expensive with pm points and coupons than the Special K blueberries small box of cereals at 5,49$ without sale and coupons)..will need to prep those strawberries and cantaloupe
    I did with the remaining envie of ranch powder a dip for the ruffles chips (ranch + sour cream) but not a fan...
    It is not cool for the airmiles...I am glad to not have those....Seems like a hassle...
    I readed that Metro will change their point program for the best.
    I have one free coffee at tims hortons with the card,but keep forget to redeem it..oups
    Have a good day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 11th, 2023 at 06:35 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I plan to go to public harvest later this morning but spend the minimun....rewards program are so difficult to receive something I find...For the fidelity card at public harvest for example....you have to spend 10 times 10$ and more to have a 10$ gift certificate and contests participating...Only 1 stamp at the time by the day..wow not impressed...I thought It was more than that the reward.
    Nice and sunny,currently -8 degres now
    I need to remember we loose 1 hour of sleep tonight and change the clocks and alarms hours.
    So with 4 books to do and they are not small trust me...I dont think major cleaning of the kitchen,living room and spare bedroom will be possible before 1 month at least...that sucks not want an inspection before this time .Our appart is the one that are still affortable for a 5 and a half piece...the others appart I have seen are at least 2 times the prices..not willing to spend that and no I cannot afford that and as dad
    I purchased a small black forest cake for dad birthday this week...6 portions at 5$ at maxi and cie
    We have a hollidays the march 24,and the 4 days (friday,monday) easter hollidays but that is part of working time in my books...to do word..
    Budget calculs will have to wait too..for now I keep in 2 envies all my currently february-march receipts..At least I can track what I spend later when I will have the time.Maybe I will do it with a study break...
    So with my 2 pays,I am good with money so far,just need to be carefull not to over spending....
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 11th, 2023 at 06:47 AM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

On another note..not too much time to watch and enjoy cooking videos..but noticed one I follow...natasha kitchen have released a cookbook!!!! I wonder if they are news recepies or just a resume of all of her up to date favorite made recepies...
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

Yesterday after a long day at work and a screaming headache I did walk over to SDM in hopes that the fresh cold air would help. It did kinda….but of course it’s back this morning .

Anyways I spent $51.28 and received 15,800 points.

Not much planned today if my headache decides to hang around. If it eases I plan a workout and some light cleaning at home. Maybe a walk before the rain…….

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , hope you feel better soon and the headache gives you some relief
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie : feel better soon !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yay !!! Grocery shopping list is DONE
    But not happy noticed we are down to our stockpile of Kleenex to 4 boxes...So I need to chase a deal..No real coupons right now for tissue papers and no points offers..grrr....Before I was paying with coupon and a sale 0,99$ for 6 boxes of 2,99$ depending...now for the same it is 5,00$......
    I am very tired of the increasing price on everything...like they are prepandemic price and now price... I guess it is a rant,but I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way about increase on everything...
    Checked the Royale 15$ in coupons received in december that expire in march 31,2023 and no real deal to make with that...
    I hope to find the tp cotonnelle 3$ tp coupon tough...
    EDIT: Found 12 boxes of Royale reg: 14,99$ sale 11,99$ minus 2,50$ coupon royale promo..seems the best deal for now= 0,79$ the boxe or 9,49$
    Smooties Oasis have increased their price too...
    Next batch of 15$ Royale coupons is due for earlier april..I wonder if they will be the same coupons...to be followed
    Still waiting for my Chapmans this year coupon too...
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 11th, 2023 at 11:34 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up early this morning, yay!!!! But did not have a lot of ambition but slowly I am getting things done.

I did some editing and well it was uploading I did the dishes, they kind of piled up as I did not get them done yesterday and we cleaned out the fridge plus made homemade pizza for dinner.

Then well I worked on more editing I made a batch of waffles. I was going to have some waffles for Dinner one night this week only to discover we were down to 2 waffles, not enough for dinner. So this morning I made another batch, I had some for Breakfast, I think Mom is going to have some and the rest will go in the freezer.

Last night we made Homemade Pizza and watched movies and it was exactly what I needed. We got 6 months free of Disney+ as I upgraded our internet (the upgrade was free, I could have stayed on the plan we had or upgrade for the same cost) so I enabled our 6 months free and we watched Aladdin and Snow White, both the original animated versions.

I made the decision last night that this weekend will be getting the bare minimum done. I am going to do what I need to do but not looking to take on any big projects. I am not taking the weekend off but I do need some time to rest and relax. I will also need to get some work done because I feel so far behind yesterday but will work on the easier stuff and tackle the harder stuff on Monday.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Woke up and found a bag of food on my doorstep from Ricky's. It was cold and nearly frozen, but that meant it was probably dropped off in the middle of the night. I didn't order anything, so it must have been a mistaken delivery. I've had similar errors in the past. I managed to tell one driver and he immediately retrieved his bags. Another fellow realized it was wrong and came back, but after we had already started eating it.

Got 5 meals; chicken strips, sandwich, poutine, fries, and a wrap. Nuked some up for breakfast. Where in the world, but Canada, would I be able to eat mysterious food without a worry in the world of someone doing something nefarious to it?
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information