User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By greeny
  • 3 Post By Poirot
  • 2 Post By greeny
  • 5 Post By bhlombardy
  • 1 Post By greeny

Thread: I need to purchase a new electric stove. Not sure which one to buy?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I currently have an LG electric stove. Used it for 7 years and had issues. I don't want to buy LG again. Anyone have experience with a really good electric stove? Not sure if I should get a GE one? There are so many to choose from. Also, was looking on-line and saw so many stores won't unplug the old stove and move it for you? They will only bring it to the curb if you unplug it yourself, move it, and clean it. There is no one in my home strong enough to move a heavy stove. Ughhh I don't know why they changed this rule. It's like they think everyone has a bunch of strong men in their homes. Do you know any places that would unplug and move my old stove if I bought a new one from them? I live in Ontario if that helps. Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    dededi likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could try Home Depot.My Mum and Dad bought from Home Depot and their appliances were removed and installed by furniture moving company hired by Home Depot.This was years ago so I would check if this still their policy.
    greeny, dededi and HermanH like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    You could try Home Depot.My Mum and Dad bought from Home Depot and their appliances were removed and installed by furniture moving company hired by Home Depot.This was years ago so I would check if this still their policy.
    Thanks for your answer. I did look on-line and saw a lot of bad reviews about purchasing appliances from Home Depot. Their return policy is only 48 hours, which I don't like. I might just make a trip to my local Home Depot and annoy one of the sales reps lol. I have so many questions. Once again, thanks !
    Poirot and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most Costco online orders for appliances include install of the new appliance and removal of the old appliance. They'll even haul it away for you, and it's all included in the price.

They also take all the garbage cardboard and packing materials away with them. No fuss, no muss.

I've done this with washer and dryer, a fridge, and a deep freezer.

You also get the benefit of Costco concierge warranty, where applicable.

You only need to pay attention to your emails after you order so that you be sure and schedule the delivery and install once the order is processed. It's all detailed in the order confirmation, but be sure and read it.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Fri, Jun 2nd, 2023 at 03:06 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Most Costco online orders for appliances include install of the new appliance and removal of the old appliance. They'll even haul it away for you, and it's all included in the price.

They also take all the garbage cardboard and packing materials away with them. No fuss, no muss.

I've done this with washer and dryer, a fridge, and a deep freezer.

You also get the benefit of Costco concierge warranty, where applicable.

You only need to pay attention to your emails after you order so that you be sure and schedule the delivery and install once the order is processed. It's all detailed in the order confirmation, but be sure and read it.

Thank you !
    dededi likes this.

Thread Information