User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1467Likes

Thread: May 2023 Frugal Chat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned out the freezer below fridge- Thawed and cooked up 3lbs of lean beef into taco meat.
    Will be great for taco salad tomorrow night.
    Had a rice/bean bowl for lunch and made up 2 bowls for my work lunch Monday and Tuesday.
    Now back to planting!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, already a hectic day. My trainee is spending the day in another branch with someone who does the same job they were hired for. But I went to meet them this morning to introduce them to everyone.

Now, I am feeling behind, I have so much work I need to get done and today is one of those days where the emails are not stopping.

Plus, I need to do laundry today, normally by this time I am done, instead, I am just starting.

I did not get the AC units installed yesterday so I HAVE to get this done today as it looks like they will be needed later in the week.

I got most of my prep done yesterday, a few things did not get done. I will try to get to them today but, if I do not we can work around it.

I feel like I need another weekend so I can get caught up LOL.

Happy Monday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Surprised to see product shrinkage with Tide. The last time I bought Tide liquid on sale at Fortinos it was $4.99 for 32 washes. Now its on for $4.99 but now only 25 washes. The Tide pods are the same size as before - 16. I need to find a large Tide liquid as this is crazy.

Returned two items at Costco this afternoon, very quiet inside, some shelves are empty and not a lot of people. Has anyone tried the Kirkland liquid fragrance free laundry detergent? its 164 loads for $18.99 I tempted to return the Tide and stock up on Kirkland.

Accident on the highway made driving through town a bit of a nightmare. Usually we don't see large transport trucks.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Kept seeing transport trucks on my street this weekend as the Linc Pkway closure seemed to impact some drivers in Ancaster. Even had a truck roll down the street at 2am this morning and another one before 3am. They are not all minding the low kph signs either (I was finishing off a movie after my Star Trek:Discovery marathon).
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$$ out of the wallet this weekend! I made two trips to the baby show and spent some money. Was ever so grateful for the food truck selling cold drinks out front (yes I bought pop!). Renaissance Fest was also onsite and someone in attire was usually doing gate 1 duty to direct visitors to the right parking area. Great weather though a touch hot for walks.

Got 6 non-alcoholic beers (Partake brand) for $10 (only really liked the Blonde after it was chilled. was not fond of Hazy IPA or IPA or Pale varieties). Bought a baby onesie with fun message for a gift-Saturday plus 2 cold canned drinks ($4). PIcked up a magnesium drink mix sample and baby sunscreen sample at sample table.

Sunday-stayed only one hour at the show and managed to get a free swag bag-no bottles or diapers this year. Mostly cards for info or freebies with one public health card attached to a little tape measure reel. Tote did have a free Partake non-alcoholic beer. I added the other two samples to bag and have passed bag on to someone who's a new parent. Bought 3 cold drinks-drank one right away, one later and gave one to the US Renaissance parking attendant on my way out. Bought some baby gifts at one boutique and got a 10% show discount. Saw part of a doula presentation.

Had an extra bag to collect some beer cans on walk home (Rotary club had a can drive event) so I got about 11 containers which I took in with 6 bottles from home just before the can drive ended.

I had stopped at Walmart to buy one of the $1.97 Palmolive detergents and was disappointed to discover only the original variety was on sale, not the 591ml OXY one too (had to use price checker in kitchenwares as the one in paper products/cleaning supplies aisle is still out of service two months on-spoiler-store is not likely to update it as sign indicates due to most shoppers having cellphones with WM app for price checking; I asked).

Today is buy what I can at the grocery store using only the $20 I have on hand. I did not feel up to rolling my cart with me for watermelon (serious craving!) as I took the bus to get to the library (my back and legs are kind of sore from all of the walking to and from the show and carrying things). I managed to water flowers and three young trees (one showed signs of tiny berries forming) and hope to get a part of the garden turned over and seeded, as I simply have not done it. Grass seems intent on reclaiming the garden...due to lack of effort by anyone. I will take out a few of the garlic plants-some look mature and a few are struggling.

The three sweet potatoes need to be cleaned and cubed so I can cook them for a quick mash tonight.

Someone in our area launched fireworks on the weekend. Naughty, naughty-against the local bylaw.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Marks.com sale ends today, if missed chances on the weekend to go to the store or shop online. I remembered only because I have the mailer card still in the house.

Looked at the CNE Foundation Early Bird draw ticket numbers and jackpot number (and consolation prizes)-I'm not a winner. Good cause gave me a reason to check my e-mail weekly to see if I won something.

The plaza paving on the east side of Food Basics should be done this week-I will be passing by the lot to see if paving has started. I was surprised to see lots of white PVC pipes last week-think there's some attempt to improve the drainage (under parking lot but what's going on with downspouts at the plaza level is not encouraging).

I'm still waiting for the new Hamilton City Magazine to land in the mailbox---I love reading...have already read the summer CAA magazine that came for family last week.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There will a be a June 24 repair cafe event in Burlington at the Aldershot Outdoor Market (evening event).
    harbie and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Days like today make me grateful I work at home. Three loads of laundry washed and on the line, including the bed linen. It's warm and sunny so stuff is drying quickly.
    This evening it will be a much needed but expensive trip to Costco. DS1 is going to work out of the province for a few months so he has some stuff he wants to get before he goes. So that will be his money although I know we will help him with some of it.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Starting to pack for my 4 week trip to Europe in a couple of weeks. Just packing a carry on to save on costs. Also finally just old enough to get the seniors rate on train rides and hot springs etc. Most costs have already been pd as we are on 2 back to back cruises of France and Iceland and some remote islands like the Shetlands and the Faroe. Can hardly wait. Saving some $ by sharing a cabin with my sis and my daughter. LB
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , Have a wonderful time
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to the dentist, and some bad news.....I need to re-do two crowns as I have decay underneath. Not impressed, as I was trying to budget for two new gates so my dog can go off leash in the yard, patio regrading and a window replacement. The crowns were done in the 1990's and I'm wondering if my previous dentist didn't do a good job, or I haven't flossed as well as I should have. $2,600 with no dental coverage and on a limited income. Fortunately I can set up a payment plan but it still will be a struggle for the next few months.

Thanks @SassyAshley I will try the Kirkland detergent.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@barbis9 ouch!! That dental cost stings plenty! Considering the age of the crown's it may be possible that their time was up? I dunno. Sorry though.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Barbis -ouch dental with no coverage hurts,my dear sister-in-law age 75 needs a new crown and 5 cavities no insurance .

We had to pay 1,400 for my hubbys new tooth replacement with coverage thou but still dental should be discounted for seniors regardless.My dentist let me pay in 3 installments as when you are on a pension it only goes so far knowadays.

Had to return an amazon pkg today darn it all ,first went to the library to print the 3 pages ,then to candsa post to send it and they told me nope ups,so i had to find a ups and drive there.uhhhhh,i got it off.

Just relaxing after watching the girls til 6.00 p.m .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, May 29th, 2023 at 07:09 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi,Just a quick update about my health.
    I had an doctor appointement this earlier evening,apart resting and change medication nothing more can be done for the moment.I will resee her in 1 month.I am now just hoping somedays she will find the right amount of medication and the good medication to treat me decently.Dad went to the appointement with me..I have difficulty to walk those time.
    Talked by messenger to my godmother about the appointement and give her updates about my health too.
    I contacted an organism to search a job with my anxiety problem...I am currently waiting some news and comeback
    Did some grocery too
    Have a good evening and night everyone
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, May 29th, 2023 at 07:48 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 7 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Went to the dentist, and some bad news.....I need to re-do two crowns as I have decay underneath. Not impressed, as I was trying to budget for two new gates so my dog can go off leash in the yard, patio regrading and a window replacement. The crowns were done in the 1990's and I'm wondering if my previous dentist didn't do a good job, or I haven't flossed as well as I should have. $2,600 with no dental coverage and on a limited income. Fortunately I can set up a payment plan but it still will be a struggle for the next few months.

Thanks @SassyAshley I will try the Kirkland detergent.
    I understand and feel your situation about dentist fees....I have no coverance,insurance ....invested so much money and I will have more work to be done by the end of the year....tight budget here too..hugs.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 , oh no on the dental work needed. It is so hard for those without coverage.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information