User Tag List

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: July 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was reviewing the print grocery and Shoppers flyers this morning-only Shoppers has a points offer for gift cards. Fortino's digital flyer mentions $100 The Keg gift cards but there is no PC Opt pts offer (guess it was a sponsored ad by card issuer).

BTW, Fortino's digital flyer mentions the McCains Deep and Delicious mini cupcakes at $6.99, frozen, selected varieties (now I have a reason to visit the freezer section next time I am in the store for coupons). I may be able to visit Sobeys today to see their selection as my big box store order item has arrived for pickup, so I can have a gander (a look) around.
    harbie, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning. Just about to leave for work and it’s going to be a scorcher. They’re calling for 38 .

If I don’t die today I plan to do a mini shop using PC points later tonight.

Stay cool everyone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I attempted to print the McCain's coupon after logging in-somehow it's not showing in my account but the coupon is tagged as ordered. Hmm, maybe a mail-out. I tried to Print, then to Mail but got no file to open up for printing. Hope I still get the offer as it expires at the end of August.

*hmm, I got two emails to print my coupon but it seems this new Mac computer does not have the right program. I can see the files in Downloads but I cannot click on them (they are whited out). Sigh. Have 24h to print coupons once the emails land
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Jul 20th, 2023 at 12:00 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have no idea the last time I posted, life has been insane.

Sunday I got ready to head out of town for work, I was leaving Monday morning. Normally I do not start training on someone's first day but before I knew we had a new staff member I had already made commitments for the end of the week.

I am working really hard on eating when I travel, I am the worst or skipping meals. So I made Instant Pot Hibachi Chicken to take with me plus a bunch of snacks. Originally, I was going to make a bunch of stuff to take with me but decided nope I am just going to take fruits and veggies and keep my life simple.

All went well with training and I came home last night. The trip did seem a bit more chaotic but I think it was because I was trying to train, keep on top of my job and take some time for myself. Both nights I was out of town the weather was really nice with a really nice breeze so both nights after dinner I went for a little walk. The first night I walked to Dollarama which was about 5 minutes from my hotel, and wandered around but did not buy anything. The second night I went the other way and just walked. It is not a lot but was nice, but the second night I should have just focused on work as I did not get all caught up.

Now I am trying to prep for next week, which is a "free" week, I do not have any new employees but because they are taking things off my plate and giving them to others which is good but a lot of work for me as none of these things have training materials because I do it.

There are some good grocery deals to be had this week so need to figure that out. This weekend I really really need to focus on my house, it needs some attention.

Happy Thursday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley if you are near a Shoppers today (flyer ends today but not gift card deal), see if the store has the Rxbars 2 for $5 in stock. I recommend you keep a stash in the car or purse with your water, so you have some quick protein for road trips or any busy day where you have 5min to eat something!

I had torn out the offer because there was mention of a Gatorade protein bar but I have never seen one. Last week, I had bought Rxbars at $2.99 each at Nature's Treasures in Fortinos. Thought it might work out for you to see if Shoppers has peanut butter chocolate, peanut butter or other flavours to try. They work in a pinch but you must have some water with them (not as dry as Power Bars though).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Productive morning so far. Work. Made oatmeal for breakfast. Cleaned kitchen. Sorted 2 loads of laundry and have the 1st load in the washer. Cleaned one bathroom. Will continue with the laundry and then have a shower.

Last night went for a walk by the water on a path that we went on years ago. They have paved the path so it is much better now.
    Tonight dinner out to local Mexican place that opened during covid. It is very popular but just haven't been yet. Tonight is the night.

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 20th, 2023 at 01:05 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm thinking a Greek salad with a bit of chicken for lunch. Will save most of the leftover chicken for DS so he can make a chicken ceaser wrap for his late dinner.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 20th, 2023 at 02:14 PM.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The garden is producing more yummy produce. Today I picked the first cucumber of the season. We also enjoyed peas, raspberries, yellow string beans, and cherry tomatoes. I plan on selling some fresh yellow string beans, red rhubarb, chives, and dill tops.

After twin boy’s meningitis scare at Easter time, we learned that Canadians are not vaccinated against the meningitis B strain, so we got our kids vaccinated against that. They’re sore today, so we’ll postpone the garage sale.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , hope your little ones feel better soon
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ran out to do our Grocery Shopping, there were a few things I was not able to get so I will need to shop again. Plus there were a few things I knew I could not Price Match. The produce department at my store was very sparse, they were stocking well I was shopping but everything he was stocking they already had on the shelves. He was stocking Green Onion but the Green Onions were so full they were falling off the shelf.

I got:
    1 x Milk $4.88 - $1 Coupon
    1 x Silk $2.99 (PM Freshco)
    1 x Cantaloupe $1.88 (PM Freshco)
    1 x Cauliflower $1.67 (PM Food Basics)
    4 x Astro Vanilla Yogurt $1.98 (PM Food Basics) + 800 pts (800 pts/$)
    2 x Strawberries 1.67
    1 x Dijon Mustard $2.44
    2 x Lean Ground Beef $3.44/lb (PM Food Basics) + 2000 pts (100 pts/$)
    2 x Cucumbers $0.88 (PM Freshco) = 100 pst (100 pts/$)
    1 x Lemons 2lb $2.98 (PM Food Basics)
    3 x Limes 3/$1 WUB 3
    2 x Green Onions $0.77 (PM Wal-Mart)

They had no Mangos or Blueberries and I knew they would fight me on Price Matching the Mushrooms so looks like I will have to run into a few stores next week. As well eyeing some deals at RCSS so I might be able to get the Blueberries and Mangos there. Also, my store had none of the dips that were on sale, they only seem to be carrying the large containers now, not the small ones.

I did mess up a bit on the cucumbers, I forgot I had an offer if I had of remember I would have also grabbed a tray of mini cucumbers, oh well.

I also need to find last week's receipt, I got almost 10,000 pts last week, I had some amazing offers I could stack.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Healthy deal on oatmeal at Sobeys this week.
    2/$7 Quaker oatmeal + 1000pts wub6 - $1 coup, Exp Aug 12 = $0.83 per 1kg bag
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jul 20th, 2023 at 11:18 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Almost packed and ready to go, we are filling the SUV and will leave some stuff at my brothers u til we take possession of the house. When it closes we are flying back so I have everything I need for cleaning the house and setting up the bathrooms. I want to avoid buying as much as possible if we have it here, including some extra furniture. I did decide to join the Triangle Select so I will let you know if it’s worth it. We don’t have a lot of shopping options close to the new home and Canadian Tire is 15 minutes. It was 89.99 but had a 50.00 CT gift card and Crave TV free for 6 months, now to see if I actually earn more points.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was walking down the street, with cans of paint recovered from the EcoCentre slung over my shoulders, when a man on a bicycle rode up to me and asked if I needed water. He thought I was homeless. I told him I was not indigent and thanked him for his kindness in asking about my welfare.

I guess I can look like I live on the street, when I walk around in my shorts and shirtless. No wonder that I am rarely bothered by anyone!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Nice breezy cool start to the day here.

Dinner last night was good. I tried something new- fish tacos. Ended up just eating the fish mostly since the totillia was falling apart from the sauce.
    Would try something different next time. Busy place so they are doing something right!

Happy to get this work day out of the way and enjoy the weekend. A drive for free breakfast for sure one morning and use the free slot play! Will pop in Costco and take a look- Don't really need anything but don't mind looking around. Puttering in the garage and tossing more junk. Not an overly exciting weekend planned but will get out for a bit.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Almost packed and ready to go, we are filling the SUV and will leave some stuff at my brothers u til we take possession of the house. When it closes we are flying back so I have everything I need for cleaning the house and setting up the bathrooms. I want to avoid buying as much as possible if we have it here, including some extra furniture. I did decide to join the Triangle Select so I will let you know if it’s worth it. We don’t have a lot of shopping options close to the new home and Canadian Tire is 15 minutes. It was 89.99 but had a 50.00 CT gift card and Crave TV free for 6 months, now to see if I actually earn more points.
    Let us know how it goes! Do you get more points for gas fill ups with this?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information