User Tag List

Page 570 of 857 FirstFirst ... 70 470 520 560 568 569 570 571 572 580 620 670 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 12845
Like Tree51506Likes

Thread: 680 news radio

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Participation in 680News Insider Club is open to all residents of Toronto and the GTA over the age of 18 who can receive 680News (CFTR) over the air through terrestrial radio at their place of residence and excludes internet streaming.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sent this just now. Let's see what transpires

I am of the understanding that 680 news contests are for GTA residents only.

"Participation in 680News Insider Club is open to all residents of Toronto and the GTA over the age of 18 who can receive 680News (CFTR) over the air through terrestrial radio at their place of residence and excludes internet streaming."
    If this is the case then how is it possible that a resident of Kitchener was able to win the weather guarantee money this weekend
    Kitchener has its own news radio with contests that are ineligible to anyone living outside of that jurisdiction; so it isn't fair that the prize money went to a non-resident of the GTA
    Please address this issue for me and many other listeners who are similarly disgruntled
    Steve Sturgess

Keep your head down waynethegolfer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well done

Keep your head down waynethegolfer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just sent an e-mail as well. Come everyone hit them with tonnes

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my email:

i was not aware that kitchener was within the listening range of toronto's 680 news. according to the posted rules, one must reside within the listening range in order to be eligible to win the weather guarantee.

"Congrats to Denise Daly of Kitchener. We did not make the wx guarantee on the weekend and Denise is our insider club member that wins $7700"

680 news toronto:
    " Eligibility. Unless otherwise stated, Contests are open to Canadian residents who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and who reside within the listening range of the Station. For greater certainty, “within the listening range of the Station” means that you must be able to access the Station’s terrestrial broadcast without recourse to satellite radio, the Internet (including, without limitation, simulcasting), cable television, an application (including, without limitation, a web, digital or telephone application), or any other non-traditional listening device or tool. Whether or not an individual resides within the listening range of the Station will be determined by Rogers in its sole discretion."

it seems extremely unfair that news 570 in kitchener limits it's eligibility criteria to those within certain postal codes:

570 news kitchener
    " Eligibility
    Participation in 570 NEWS Insider is open to all residents who reside in the following postal codes: N0A, N0B, N0C, N0E, N0G, N0H, N0J, N0K, N0M, N1C, N1E, N1G, N1H, N1K, N1L, N1M, N1P, N1R, N1S, N1T, N2A, N2B, N2C, N2E, N2G, N2H, N2J, N2K, N2L, N2M, N2N, N2P, N2R, N2T, N2V, N2Z, N3A, N3B, N3C, N3E, N3H, N3L, N3P, N3R, N3S, N3T, N3V, N3W, N3Y, N4B, N4G, N4N, N4S, N4T, N4V, N4W, N4X, N4Z, N5A, N5C, L0R, L7J, L9T who are 18 years of age or older. Those specifically not eligible are full or part-time employees of 570 NEWS or Rogers Broadcasting Ltd. (including former employees and their next of kin), other Kitchener-Waterloo or Tri-City area radio station employees and their immediate families, M2O Media, and sponsors featured in the Program."

whereas kitchener residents are eligible to win in the toronto 680 news station contests.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who would like an explanation. i'd very much appreciate a response.

thank you.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

the only loophole is that statement ---

"Whether or not an individual resides within the listening range of the Station will be determined by Rogers in its sole discretion."

that could be their way out.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I drive from my house in Durham to the parents in Guelph with 680 news loud and strong. Kitchener is on 10 minutes SW from Guelph. Range is past Cobourg east, Lake Simcoe north and past Kitchener to the west

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First of all Congratulations to whoever from wherever. These are contests and I believe we are all here to help each other win them not to dicker over whether Guelph or Kitchener or Coburg is part of the GTA.

Bonus Code Events
    The 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards®

The 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards® is the world’s most popular, and most prestigious, televised music awards show. Seen in more than 190 territories worldwide, “Music’s Biggest Night”– consistently ranks as one of television’s highest-rated and most-watched specials.

Honoring the top music makers of the year in such categories as Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Best New Artist and many more, the GRAMMY™ Awards each year delivers incredible, once-in-a-lifetime “GRAMMY Moments” for which the event has become known.

Earn 500 credits by filling in the blank below and entering the answer as a bonus code in the Insider Club.

Music’s Biggest Night® will be broadcast live exclusively on City on Sunday, February 8 starting at ____pm ET/PT with Entertainment City: live at the GRAMMY’s™.

Click HERE to visit this site. 100 Credits

The answer is 6:30

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gee ... I guess you guys won't like me either as I live in Woodstock. Guess what the radio reception is just fine. Nice to know that I'm on the hate list. This subject raised it's ugly head a couple years back and it was determined that anyone in the listening area were eligible. The odds of winning for anyone, is only slightly better if you have any credits at all. Shame on the whiners!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not about whining, it is about the rules. If 680 said anyone in Ontario can win I have no problem with that. Last time I checked, Guelph, Woodstock, etc. were not part of the "GTA".

Oh, and congrats to the winner.
    Last edited by cdn_bacon; Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015 at 06:50 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mike Flash (Feb. 3)

Mike Flash Feb 3, 2015 05:00:58 AM

Bonus code (Feb 3): Refund
    Submit the Mike Flash bonus code

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Gee ... I guess you guys won't like me either as I live in Woodstock. Guess what the radio reception is just fine. Nice to know that I'm on the hate list. This subject raised it's ugly head a couple years back and it was determined that anyone in the listening area were eligible. The odds of winning for anyone, is only slightly better if you have any credits at all. Shame on the whiners!!!
    It is my opinion that this forum should be available for individuals to express their various views. While I'm always happy for the contest winners I simply wished to forward what I felt was an inequity to the station management and as the subject was already posted I decided to share with others here on the thread.
    Each is entitled to their opinion in this democratic space; but resorting to name calling is not appreciated and really going beyond, don't you think?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdn_bacon View Post
    It's not about whining, it is about the rules. If 680 said anyone in Ontario can win I have no problem with that. Last time I checked, Guelph, Woodstock, etc. were not part of the "GTA".

Oh, and congrats to the winner.
    So .. you're whining about the rules ... not iron clad enough for you. I'm glad you are not the only representative of the "GTA"
    waynethegolfer likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Oops iguess I shouldnt be entering codes if I cant win
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Thread Information