User Tag List

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dvdswapper View Post
    My brother has been to the Ceberbrae location a few times to see if they raised their prices before adding clearance stickers and nothing yet. It's a rare thing these days for companies to be that transparent. Old Navy does that a lot but switches prices monthly instead of weekly, bi-weekly. Their card so the pants stays at $25.00 instead of $30.00 is a joke. Last month the same premium pants was $25.00 not $30.00.

I don't think this happens at all stores, but like I've mentioned numerous times before always check prices on the stuff you want before upcoming big sales. I still think that most bigger items will start at 30% off then increase by 5% each week after. Sales go on until June that's roughly 14 weeks from start to end.
    40% by end of March
    60% by end of April
    80% by end of MAY
    Thanks for the info dvdswapper...I'm thinking the same for bigger items. I'm thinking food, already reduced clothing and perhaps health/beauty and toys will be the stuff marked down more quickly. I'm hoping to get a breadmaker and will grab it if seen at a decent reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    The Zellers in Hamilton at Queenston & Nash has a huge amount of clearance going on.
    Clothes, shoes, etc etc....

Funny thing is, they weren't on the list for closing.
    I asked if this was just a normal sale, and the guy said no, it's because of Target.
    Another funny thing....Target bought up a little strip mall right beside The Zellers to make into a parking lot.
    A friend of mine works at the Money Mart there, and they are moving in a month.
    Thanks! I'll add the location and notice re clearance to the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I'd be more than happy if the whole store went 40% would make my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    Zellers sent me a lovely letter today(my Zellers isn't closing for a while yet)
    "You are a valued HBC Credit cardholder and in appreciation for your patronage and loyalty to Zellers, we'd like to offer you a $15 thank you savings card that can be redeemed on your next purchase at ZEllers when using your HBC credit card....card expires mar11 and no minimum purchase required!.... " Whooooo! Thanks Zellers and yes I will take you up on that offer. (fine print not to be combined with any other offer one card per transaction and more fine print on reverse) but really? $15 = 3 jugs of milk free or more likely is that I will scour the store for great deals that have coupons/rebates that make it twice as nice hope you all get yours soon too in the mail W
    Whooooo! is right! Congrats on that nice gift! I hope I get one!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I talked to several people at the Belleville location and they have confirmed that they will be staying open for at least a year. There are no plans to buy the store yet. I haven't heard anything about the large two floor location in Kingston. I have noticed fairly decent sales in the Zellers flyers lately so I hope my store benefits from the clearance even if they don't close.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Zellers at Ogilvie and Blair begins their sales on march 5th in Ottawa! No word on what will be on sale.... But it's coming!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I guess people will either have to cash in their HCB points before the stores close or use them elsewhere, the bay or homesense?

I am going to the Zellers in Hamilton again this Saturday...just to see whats up!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

our store had some food deals as well. not great ones but still they are starting.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a nice Alfred Sung cream coloured sweater for $6. I'm happy about my purchase. I was also able to use my SPC card and got an additional 10% off.
    Last edited by Baggravation; Fri, Mar 2nd, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I just visited the Zellers website with the list of stores that are liquidating and to my shock the date of the closing sales at my store has been moved to March 14...it was originally set for March 9!

So confusing because I spoke to a cashier at my local store on Friday and she said the sales start on Monday!?! Looks like I'll be checking it out tomorrow and hopefully will see the new sales/clearances/clearout signs up...then I'll swing back in Friday.

Will report on any deals finds and please report on what you find at your stores too! Thanks in advance. A reminder that this thread is a wiki so you can add your deal finds and store location to the first post.

Take care and looking forward to the news ahead!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i think that Target isnt taking over at the Barrie Zellers location, because that Mall, that it is in.. is a dead Mall.. its not busy enough, plus i read that Park Place is bringing in 2 Major American retailers.. hmm 2 MAJOR American retailers.. not including Marshalls..cuz its already there.. weeeeeeeeee

http://www.simcoe.com/simcoe/article/1016676
    Last edited by FREEFORME; Fri, Mar 9th, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
    FREE FOR ME

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I was at Zellers yesterday and I bought a poly-to-go that was on clearance for 0.75 cents which was a great deal. However as I went to the cashier and want to use my SPC (10% student discount), she said they are not going to do the SPC 10% discount anymore. I was shocked since this was not in their rules for the closing stores.
    Does anyone know if the closing stores are not going to apply the 10% student discount anymore or this was just a cashier opinion.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i'm sure many ppl have noticed the yellow clearance stickers that have been appearing on shelf items in various departments. the items are usually left on the shelf with regular stock.

it seems as tho they are prepping those items for later. has anyone heard about what their plans are?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

unfortunately the only thing i've noticed is everyones attitude at my store suddenly changed. it went from 'HI how are you, sure no problem'. to 'NO! now get out of my face attitude'. today for instance went to PM the Charmin 'purple' TP from Rexall. they had ONE package on the shelf of 100's.. I asked at CS if someone could meet me at the wall to see if maybe there were any hiding purple packages. ie a guy who could reach around etc.. no they send me one of the shorter girls.. she gets there I said oh dear. I was hoping for someone who could reach around packages etc. she looked at me and said 'we don't have anymore, thats it!" and turned around and walked away and laughed at me. really?.. then i took the other 3 items. Tresemme and Always Infinity up to the cash and politely waited while 4 of the girls finished their 'chat', once again asked politely...'do you still accept PM prices from' before I could finish.. "NO! its the real real flyer or nothing". OH when did that change.? she wouldn't even answer. I literally put everything back and walked out right in front of the cashier!. she was like hmmph whatever. im def. going to be getting as much this store as possible. legally of course
    WOW. no wonder!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

yikes!

maybe do everything at the customer service desk from now on if the cashiers in that store are crabby.

i feel bad for them, but at the same time not really! you could equate it to contract work or seasonal work. just because you know your job has an end date, it doesn't mean you should be an ass while getting paid for it lol!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well exactly. they've known at LEAST six months. plenty of time to prepare. both your future and your attitude
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by busy mother View Post
    Does anyone know if the closing stores are not going to apply the 10% student discount anymore or this was just a cashier opinion.

No SPC, senior discounts, or HBC credit discounts for the liquidating stores. I read that in the pdf of the rules.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i'm sure many ppl have noticed the yellow clearance stickers that have been appearing on shelf items in various departments. the items are usually left on the shelf with regular stock.

it seems as tho they are prepping those items for later. has anyone heard about what their plans are?
    Two days ago, I was at the Goderich, Ontario Zellers store.
    It is not currently scheduled to close.
    There was almost no clearance stickers at all.
    It appeared in many cases that the stickers had been removed.

Even the normal clearance seemed totally absent in all departments, so we left empty-handed.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information