User Tag List

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@harbie and @walkonby good luck with your up coming surgeries I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Time to come back to the land of things happening.

I did not have a good week last week, I had to flip my week around which is fine but then I have one department who has been coming down hard on me for like 2 weeks and last week was the final straw, I broke a little. I am supposed to getting things off my plate but due to some staffing issues I have taken on more to help and cover. Our two "local" locations are the hardest hit with short staffing and sadly hiring new staff and training them is no a super quick process. But needless to say I stopped tracking how many hours I work in the last two weeks and then to constantly hear I am not doing enough broke me a little.

Friday was my Bday, I went to hang out with Bro and Sis-in-Law and then other bro joined us before we headed off for dinner with Dad, Step-Mom, Sis and her BF.

Yesterday I spent the day on the couch going in and out of sleep almost all day. I was done.

Today I am trying to my best to get back on top of things I literally have no idea what this week will bring so I trying to be prepared.

I have cleaned the Bathroom just need to head up and clean the floors.

I have a batch of Rice in the Oven and a Batch of Pasta Sauce on the stove simmering. Rice can be used as a side-dished or turned into a bowl of some sort this week. I am out of Pasta Sauce but I have a ton of canned tomatoes so I am making my own pasta sauce. It is super easy to make but if I had a busy week throwing it together during the week can get dicey when I am trying to get dinner on the table quickly.

The Dehydrator is running, drying the fresh herbs I bought last week. We were completely out of Thyme and kind of surprises me, how often I use Thyme I never thought I was overly fond of Thyme.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    @SassyAshley Happy Belated Birthday

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Name:  birthday.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  35.2 KB

Hope it was a wonderful birthday @SassyAshley !! With many more!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hereby move that @SassyAshley stream/play music of her liking at home for the next 28 days as part of milestone "Happy Birthday" events. Add bubble mix and more crochet play time to let the Good Ship Creativity chart new horizons for her to explore. Will PM you an article that might help with work support.

Happy Easter to members celebrating the holiday this long weekend. Ms Sunshine is mostly beaming on a chilly day in Southern Ontario through the skies might still have precipitation. Every day, I spot a lady bug roaming indoors and collect it to feel the weather reality outdoors.

Second time a Shoppers flyer has two weekend gift card deals and I only realized the H&M card offer (now posted)is right next to the WestJet offer for this weekend only. Your local stores may be only open to 6pm or not-check online if you decide to venture out and pop into the stores. Please SDM, keep the bottom of page banners going for your gift card deals-the Hollywood Squares setup is fooling me.

So I slacked off until almost 6pm last night (I was still lurking on SC) before I resumed the fridge/freezer cleaning, left the veggies out until 7pm at which I only prepped/chopped while I had a radio program streaming. Felt better. The wooden pantry got less than ideal cleaning (did not want to wash the cutlery/cutlery tray or the good bowls and plates) as I did the vacuuming and wood cleaning quickly since I tired out emptying the unit.
    This morning, the sweet potatoes and parsnips are coated in oil, curry powder, and sea salt and done roasting! The thickly sliced zucchini-I coated with oil, lemon and herbs mix, a touch of taco seasoning and placed slices on the rack in the deeper toaster oven pan. Had the small pan on the top rack setting during same time the root veggies were roasting on the middle rack. Smells like a chip shop here and I have ketchup for my bowl of veggies. Yum! I am missing PC Black Label smoked paprika-will see if it might be near one of two places I need to go tomorrow to get stuff.

Selena+Chef Holiday edition (season 5)-loved the Michael Symon episode (he also has lupus so he and Selena talked about some of the realities the condition can have on their cooking efforts)! Also Alex G when she taught Selena to make gravy without cornstarch--the herbs and fruit from the roast were put into the pan drippings and broth, heated through and then blended! Did notice that Season 5 is a Food Network effort as the website for the recipes was no longer HBOMax as in prior seasons.

The mug of raspberry-lemon tea is calling me. I must respond to it...
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No fooling the Smart Canucks squad-the April thread is already posted so we can go there tomorrow.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the Birthday Wishes.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not a bad day, of course I always feel I could have gotten more done but I am also happy with what I got done.

Bathroom is clean, including the floors, they have been vacuumed and mopped. Part of the hallway and my room has been vacuumed, still need to finish the Hallway and Mom's room with the vacuum and then need to mop. Mom was still in bed she had a bad night.

Cleaned out the fridge, not much waste, half a pepper I didn't use and some BBQ chicken chunks I forgot about.

Took out the kitchen and bathroom garbage and the kitchen recycling.

Mom helped me prepped the veggies, we had some Green Onions, Broccoli and Celery to package.

Dinner has been made, Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms over Mashed Potatoes. Kitchen is now clean.

A little disappointed in the potatoes I got from Freshco, they look fine but once you peel them a lot of spots need to be cut off. Will watch for the next sale.

I cannot believe the weekend if over, kind of missing being in school when we got Friday and Monday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Itís Easter break and Iím home with our kids. Last night we had our friend and Dsí friend over for supper. We had roast ham, baked potatoes, buttered bread, canned pineapple homemade coleslaw, and sliced apple.

Today our kids enjoyed our annual Easter egg hunt, even though we do not do the Easter bunny.
    I had our boys help me inventory our chest freezer. We are pretty well stocked in our favourite meats. I want to organize the pantryÖit gets disorganized and messy when Iím gone so much.

I encouraged our kids to help me make a list of meals and snacks to make. Iím looking forward to grocery shopping on Tuesday, for 10% off day at Sobeys. Iím often not home for that.

This week we plan on going to the public library, bike ride, SARCAN, play date to a farm (baby chicks), swimming.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if youíd like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -happy birthday .I wasnt on here much .Yesterday my brother came over and then we had little miss cara sleep over .
    It was so nice to see my brother play a memory game with cara as he doesnt have grandkids .

We played lego ,barbie ,outside cara rode a bike with papa.We played frisbee in the backyard ,it was sunny but still a bit chilly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Happy Easter to all, in case I get distracted or busy over the next few days. My mind is racing as I was given my knee replacement surgery date! GULP!
    I have so much prep to do before that with exercises! and prep IN the house. Things I never thought I'd need ( old people's equipment, lol ) , things to grab
    hold of to stay steady on my pegs.
    Bathroom commode devices and bathtub and shower seats! If anyone has a prayer chain, link me on it, I'm getting quite nervous about how long and painful
    the recovery is. Sorry, no down side. We are blessed to have great medical care here and I sure understand that now.
    @walkonby good luck with your surgery. You will be fine. Buy your equipment instead of renting if you don't have any (Shoppers Home Healthcare offers 20% on Thursday seniors day), as I still use my bath chair for when I shave my legs

Also get your disabled parking pass as that will come in handy post surgically.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am not sure linking Petro Points to Triangle is worth the hassle. I did mine last week and DH filled his truck ant Petro and he earned 38 cents. At Canadian Tire he would have earned over $3.00. So back to Petro Can as my last choice for gas But I was able to transfer the points so that was nice.
    Itís been a crazy week. I will be so happy to see Friday. I have been staying with my mom as she had a surgery. I planned to go home Friday but there is snow threatening so I may stay until Saturday.
    @lilo0003 thanks for posting, I was wondering if the linking of the two was worth it. I still prefer the Canadian Tire gas bar offers.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @lilo0003 thanks for posting, I was wondering if the linking of the two was worth it. I still prefer the Canadian Tire gas bar offers.
    I think I posted in April but itís not as bad as I thought. Linking gets you Petro Points when you get gas at CT and that looks like the better deal. With the 38 cents for the truck fill up at Petro we earned about 1.50 from both programs but filling my SUV earned double that at CT.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

2x $10 bags at our local second hand storeís 10yr anniversary sale. Since itís their bag sale, you are not allowed to try on clothes. Hopefully most of this fits, or kids can grow into. Everything fit into one large yellow No Frills bag.
    2x sets of brand new Elmerís magnets that have a type of sticky tape on one side.
    1x set of thank you cards
    4x DVDs (for the van or basement tv)
    1x dress for me
    2 X swim tank tops for me
    1x swim suit for me
    2x sleeveless tops for me
    2x t-shirt for Dh
    1x apron for twin girl
    1x brand new pants with tags on for twin girl
    1x pants for twin girl
    1x long sleeved shirt for twin girl
    1x frilly skirt for twin girl
    1x skirt for twin girl
    1x swim shirt for twin girl
    5 X fancy dresses for twin girl
    1x pants & shirt set for twin girl
    1x sleeveless dress shirt for twin girl
    1x shorts for Ds
    1x pair of Nike cleats for Ds
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 14th, 2024 at 11:15 AM.
    coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if youíd like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Angela273 am I reading your post right? You got all that clothing and misc. items for $20.00 ? wow, great score!!
    Angela273 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Angela273 am I reading your post right? You got all that clothing and misc. items for $20.00 ? wow, great score!!
    Yes, you read that correctly. This store is relatively small, crowded, and very busy on this same day. They only do the $10 bag sale one or two times per year. They lost it online one day before the sale. They have 1/2 price off everything sale almost once per month. I bought my kids clothes there last weekend at their 50% off sale, which is also posted online less than 24hrs before the sale. This store is a non-profit and funds a type of womenís rehab facility. There are other branches to this store in other communities in SK.
    walkonby and HermanH like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information