User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i per just a Kodak esayshare digital camera in July 2008 at the walmart in Cornwall Ontario 950 Brookdale Ave. Unit #20 it came with a charger the camera the startup disk and the upload cable. The charger and the camera works great but when i went to upload the photos to my computer the was a no go. thinking it was my computer i took the disk camera and wire to THE SOURCE here in Cornwall and the staff there tries it on his computer still a no go then the sale clerk look at the cable and said that it's no even the right cable for the camera. So home i went to get the sales slip and back to walmart i go. I go the electronics counter and told the sales lady there about the wire and that the source saying it not even the right cable. she told me that i must have switched the cable myself (yeah right i have 20 Kodak wire at home.) I told her that this was not possible. She than looked at the sales slip and asked me why i waited so long i bring it in. (i brought it in sept 15th . 2008) I went on to tell her that i never had a reason to to upload the pictures off the camera to the computer before that i always brought in my memory card. But my friends wedding that was held on the 13th of sept.pitchures is on the camera and i wanted to make her a cd of her wedding and the uploading wire problem was only brought to my attention when i tried to put the pictures on my computer . She told me that there was nothing that she could do because they do not sell that brand of camera any more but she will take my information and email the company and see what they say. (that was the 15th we are know the 28th still waiting. than what do i find in my newspaper this week a flyer from walmart with the same digital Kodak easy share camera on sale. pretty good for a store that does not carry the camera anymore. I have hence bought a upload cable for my memory card. that works like a charm at staples made the cd gave it to my friend. I just wanted to let you know if you are going to buy the camera in the walmart flyer have the sales women prove to you that it the right cable

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i per just a Kodak esayshare digital camera in July 2008 at the walmart in Cornwall Ontario 950 Brookdale Ave. Unit #20 it came with a charger the camera the startup disk and the upload cable. The charger and the camera works great but when i went to upload the photos to my computer the was a no go. thinking it was my computer i took the disk camera and wire to THE SOURCE here in Cornwall and the staff there tries it on his computer still a no go then the sale clerk look at the cable and said that it's no even the right cable for the camera. So home i went to get the sales slip and back to walmart i go. I go the electronics counter and told the sales lady there about the wire and that the source saying it not even the right cable. she told me that i must have switched the cable myself (yeah right i have 20 Kodak wire at home.) I told her that this was not possible. She than looked at the sales slip and asked me why i waited so long i bring it in. (i brought it in sept 15th . 2008) I went on to tell her that i never had a reason to to upload the pictures off the camera to the computer before that i always brought in my memory card. But my friends wedding that was held on the 13th of sept.pitchures is on the camera and i wanted to make her a cd of her wedding and the uploading wire problem was only brought to my attention when i tried to put the pictures on my computer . She told me that there was nothing that she could do because they do not sell that brand of camera any more but she will take my information and email the company and see what they say. (that was the 15th we are know the 28th still waiting. than what do i find in my newspaper this week a flyer from walmart with the same digital Kodak easy share camera on sale. pretty good for a store that does not carry the camera anymore. I have hence bought a upload cable for my memory card. that works like a charm at staples made the cd gave it to my friend. I just wanted to let you know if you are going to buy the camera in the walmart flyer have the sales women prove to you that it the right cable

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I like Wal-Mart and have never personally had a bad shopping experience. However, I get kind of annoyed at how often their beeper system isn't working....almost everytime I go into one, it's going off when it's not supposed to lol. Also there seems to be a lot of times where there is only one cash open and a huge line up....other then that, no problems for me.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

our walmart they wont let you try on bras...wtf
    oh and they werent going to let me try on pj's one time because they were considered "underwear" and that they have a new policy saying you cant try on or return anything that is underwear...ok so we are supposed to buy it without trying it on find out it doesnt fit and be stuck with it anyways because we cant return it...dont think so will go get that stuff elsewhere if thats the way they want to do it
    dont see what the difference is between trying on a bra and trying on a t-shirt especially if you are a person that doesnt wear a bra most of the time geesh whoever came up with that one should be slapped

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I do a lot of traveling so I have a lot of Wal-marts to comment on. My favourite is the Chatham Supercentre Wal-Mart. They always have what I am looking for and they have an awesome clearance section by the pharmacy. I have found some of my best deals here. The cashiers usually take my coupons no problem, however I have been challenged before by uneducated cashiers and also have had trouble price matching once. They have a self serve checkout here which I like. The worst Wal-Mart is the St. Thomas location. The staff are NEVER friendly and they hate taking coupons. I asked to speak to the store manager once because an employee wouldn't accept a coupon because the coupon had a picture of something different on it that what I was buying but it said ANY product and she was really quite rude. She told me her manager was busy in the electronics department that I could find him there. I wasn't about to go searching for someone I didn't even know what they looked like with 2 kids so I left. I was so appalled I wrote to their head office about her 'customer service' and I never heard back. I also dislike Wal-Mart London White Oaks location. It's WAYYYY too busy, the store is a mess and they are always sold out of what I am looking for. Although, they are fabulous for doing returns/exchanges. I often shop at Wal-mart in Port Huron Michigan and if I need to do a return this Wal-mart London White Oaks location will accept it back no problem and they know how to handle the US exchange.

Myguppy
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

A new Walmart Supercenter has opened in Westbank BC [Westside of Kelowna, in the Okanagan Valley]: 2170 Louie Drive. http://www.walmart.ca/wps-portal/sto...s&storeID=1093
    It is the second largest Walmart in Canada!

They are open from 6am to midnight, every day. So far i've found that midday is the slowest, therefor the best [though not if you're wanting lunch from McDonald's!] time to go.

The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. I do NOT expect anything from Walmart employees usually, but at this store they come up to you and ask if they can help you find anything! My husband and I were both very impressed. It appears as though the store manager takes alot of pride in his work: the bathrooms are always clean and in order, and when you check out the cleaning checklist, every spot has been ticked. The cashiers are still learning, but are friendly and apologetic. They don't even blink when you hand over a stack of coupons . They are also great at performing price comparisons [they'll match other stores advertisements]. My mother told me that they even had a stack of other stores flyers to look at- she saved $2.00!

Now that they are completely set up, I haven't come across anything out of stock, and the aisles are always neat!
    The hours of the store are great too- from 6am until midnight. No more frusteration because nothing is open!

The store is so big that I haven't checked out every area [somehow I missed one corner?!]. The clothing section is pretty good- not much maternity to choose from, but that's pretty common. Lots of regular and plus size things though. The changerooms are neat, manned by attentive staff, and easy to find [right in between all the clothing sections!].
    The electronics section is well stocked. They had already sold out of Wii Fits by the end of the first day, but that's not a huge surprise. The associates were polite.
    Baby section was well stocked with a good selection. Not as many clothing styles as preferred, but still decent.
    The frozen food section is neat- the lights in the freezers are motion activated, so they save energy when no one is there to look at them! I thought that was great. It's also a great entertainer for kids on slow nights []
    The craft section is a bit to be desired. Not nearly as many things as i've seen in other Walmarts... and there isn't a fabric section!
    The general home section is decent as well.
    The section I apparently missed was the eyecare and a teddybear making machine! My mother was pretty intrigued by this [sounds a bit like Build-a-Bear]. Neat idea in any case.

Because some cashiers are still learning, and some managers are still being trained [and don't necessarily have as many cashiers on as needed], I highly reccomend doing the self checkout. Most people don't notice this option, as it is set in the middle of the checkouts- keep an eye out, there will be green flashing lights on the tills in service, and the occasional red light where someone is getting assistance ringing something through. The only downside is that at the selfcheckout you can't use coupons or pricematch .
    If they have a few cashiers on, the next best bet is the express tills- you gather in a line up, and listen for the automated voice to direct you to a till number. If they've got enough people on, it can be superquick!
    Otherwise, the regular tills here seem to go faster than other Walmarts i've been to [usually depends on the customers, not the cashiers!]

The customer service is the fastest i've been to- cashiers are friendly, helpful, and get your returns done quickly.

The parking lot seem to be adaquet for the number of customers. It's usually only 2/3 full. The mall[s] around the Walmart are still under some construction, so this may change when everything is open.
    Stores to be opened near include Chatters Hair Salon, Suzannes, Shoe Warehouse, London Drugs with Post Office [already open].
    There are good sidewalks to walk to the store, as well as the public bus system that runs right past on Louie Drive [there is a stop between the two exits to Walmart parking lot]. Lighting is usually good on Louie Drive, but with the construction lately, I think they've got it temporarily shut off. The street lights should be back on soon.

Overall i'd rate this Walmart a 4.75/5. I am really impressed with the customer service, the stock supply, and the cleanliness. Only thing to improve upon would be the selection in some areas.

Learning to shop & save! twenty47's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love shopping at Walmart. The closest walmart to me is in Terrace, BC. 4427 Hwy 16 West
    City: Terrace
    Province: BC
    Postal Code: V8G 4R6
    Main Intersection:HIGHWAY 16 W & KEITH RD

It's an hour drive from me so we usually go there on weekends. I love the prices of their products most and the fact that they usually have plenty in stock.

My biggest problem with my local walmart is the fact that it is so busy every weekend and there is tons of people shopping with 1-3 cashiers only. In Terrace it's normally 2 cashiers which sucks because you spend more time in the cashier line up then you do shopping.

In the beginning of the summer break when school was out. We took a ride to Terrace to shop. It was Friday night so I told the hubby I would just run in to get a stand up barbeque that was on sale for $88 incase there were none left Saturday when I was going to do all my shopping. The hubby and the boy sat in the car waiting.

I went into Walmart, went directly to the barbeque section and stood there for at least 15 minutes waiting for somebody to come and help me as the barbeques where in boxes up on shelves. After waiting around the section I thought i'd look for a worker. i had no luck, so i thought i'd stand in the cashier line and just get him/her to page a worker to bring one to the till. I stood in the line up with the least amount of people and wasted another 10 minutes waiting there. When I got to the till and asked the cashier to get me a barbeque she paged the worker. We waited and waited. She pages again and we waited. There was a man working standing by the doors checking receipts. he didn't move and actually left his position to take a break. The cashier paged again and again. Nobody answered and the poor girl explained to me that it was her first day on the job. i told her i'm not mad at her as it wasn't her fault and she was the only worker that tried to help me. The rest of the people in the line up were getting so mad. Another cashier came to me and told my i could file a complaint at the customer service desk. i glanced over there and saw at least 5 people waiting in line. I got mad and told the cashier that I was going to Canadian Tire to buy a barbeque and will not give them my service that weekend. I felt so bad for her because she was trying to help and i just got so angry.

From the time I went into the store and got back to the car 45 minutes went by and I never bought what I intended to. I was meaning to email head office but forgot and I think tooo much time has gone by now. But I will always have a beef with the lack of employees this store has.

addicted to coupon trains couponkristin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I haven't had a problem in Guelph yet!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd never set foot in a Walmart until a few years ago, and I know it's supposed to be un-PC and evil to shop there, but doggone it, times being what they are ... saving money is really habit-forming!

We shop at one in Scarborough and for someone going there for the first time, it's massive!

Once you successfully negotiate a parking spot, and grab a cart that is not magically locked down to the earth's core by some vaguely-understood remote electronic control system, you run the gauntlet of friendly retired folk they hire as greeters. God love these people, for they may be us in 60 years. I feel bad they are on their feet though. This reminds me of the evil side of Walmart.

However, the distraction of conscience is fleeting and before I know it the smell of the indoor Macdonald's french fries (a Mickey D's inside a groacery store - decadence!) has snuffed out all self-control. And I'm on my way to fill my shopping bag with goods that cost 20-30% more at Loblaws or Longos.

Walmart is a logical destination for older people who want to watch their spending, but at the same time, it's really massive and requires some physical endurance. So, I'm not sure that's a good combination. My best advice is to go at Midnight when the crowds have thinned out and the cashiers are less stressed out.

Some things I don't like includes the huge line-ups during daylight hours, and the fact that there are often registers sitting idle. That's probably the moment you realize one reason you're saving money, thin staffing. Cashiers are hit and miss. Mostly, they're good folk, overworked and underpaid. Sometimes they are newly minted and have a hard time identifying vegetables that you would assume they would be familiar with ie garlic!
    But they're generally a good bunch.

Clothing. We bought some PJ's there for my mother and my mother liked them. Only to find the seams coming apart after one wear. They were likely made 'abroad' and we probably won't buy clothing there again, since quality is important.

Appliances are cheap and they have a huge selection. How great is it that you can wake up at 3 am and buy a deep fryer? God bless Wal-Merica!

But seriously, there are a ton of neat appliances, including vacuums that were so inexpensive compared to what you find at Dept Stores, such as Sears and The Bay. We also bought a lot of very useful camping equipment there quite inexpensively this summer and I would recommend them for that. Tents, sleeping bags, mini stoves, lanterns, butane fuel - you name it. Good selection and great prices!

They have a great magazine stand and interesting books - I like flipping through the cook books before I hit the food aisles. And my wife stops by the scrap-booking area for 10-15 minutes on each trip.

In this football field sized store, there is of course a garden centre (and oddly, no roller coaster 'n corn dogs!). And it's a good one. We've bought countless plants this summer, including lots of potted roses which lasted a long time. They have a lot of soil, plant food, bug killer, and planters. It's not high end, but it's a very useful component to the store. And a bit of a trek to get there from the food aisles.

Good deals include some of their fresh pork, beef and other meats. Just ensure they are red and fresh - avoid anything reduced unless you are going to cook it the moment you step into (or out of) your car. I don't recall if they sell fresh fish (they sell frozen Tilapia quite fairly priced - great for a fish ceviche, btw!), but never buy fish on special or reduced. Fish 'reduced' is almost certainly spoiled and will waste your money and give your nose a hangover it won't soon forget. If you can get a good deal on Delissio pizza or Hinty's Chicken Wings, those are two good buys to look out for and great bites. Frozen juice is a really good deal there, as are cartons of juice and occasionally chocolate milk. Lots of good deals on frozen dinners and ice-cream. There's one highly recommended Italian ice cream dessert they sell, four to a box, that is covered in chocolate, white or dark chocolate. To die for, and quite cheap! I wish I had the name. But the box looks inviting.

I like the fact there is an international food section, where you can buy basmati rice, tinned Chipotles, and a variety of packaged Asian goodies.
    Although, they still had on their shelves the recalled White Rabbit milk candies recalled by Food Canada due to melamine contamination.

Tinned tuna is a great deal there and I recommend buying a tin, adding some mayo, some bottled white horseradish, diced cukes - mixing it up and making the best toasted tuna sandwhiches with it. Good eats on the cheap. But I digest, er, digress!

One deal we really like is the frozen king crab, packages of cracked crab from $7 and up. Quite affordable. Great for a seafood soup we like to make.

They also have a very good bakery section and we usually buy a fresh baked french baguette or an artisan bread. I was amazed too that they now sell Naan (packaged). They have an okay deli section and a large selection of packaged meats. Due to the continuing e-Coli problems (more tainted meat announced today), I avoid Maple Leaf or Schneiders and go for Piller's.

There is also a cakes/fresh desserts section and that doesn't look very promising. A bunch of cakes entirely made of cheap whipping cream. Or those cheap frozen birthday cakes that anyone over age 12 would dread receiving.

The produce section is decent, with your usuals. But they always seem to be out of cilantro. One deal I like is to buy bottles of carrot juice in the produce section and that is a fair bit cheaper than what you'd pay at most groceries. Sometimes berries can be a good buy there, too.

Walmart is probably one of the best non-Club stores to shop at, as far as deals go. I'd rate it 8.5/10 for what it offers.

And by the way, just once I'd like to go crazy on one of their electric ride-along shopping carts normally reserved for seniors ...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This Walmart is near Eglinton Town Centre.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I love Walmart Anniversary Sale! I go ever year and this year stocked up on Laundry detergent, dish detergent, Always Pads, Shampoo & Conditioner, Pamers Diapers & Wipes, formula and so much more!

Used up all the Procter & Gamble coupons from Save.ca and using the Walmart $15 Credit (Store Card), practically got the diapers for free.

Walmart is where ordinary people shop for extraordinary value!! They rock all the way!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I worked for store # 3104 Timmins Ontario canada for 5 years before i moved on to my career I started as a student when i was 16 until i was 21. The employee in me found convenience and a family setting in the store the shopper in me is pissed off. I have black listed as I call it wal-mart three times now i swear I will not go back and then I do. I'm a mom i have two kids and there is no selection or price comparison anywhere in timmins. One time I went in after collecting my Tax return and went on a shopping spree I had over $700.00 in two carts and a check for $1000.00 it was western union and endorsed by H&R block in my name. I as a former cashier know they can process the check I did it when I worked there then some lady i believe her name was Aline she was a CSM fought with me that they do not accept checks at wal-mart I told her it was different and they deal with western union she outright very rudely asked me to step out of line if I could not pay for the merchandises in CASH. I was MAD! I left the two carts crying and returned to my car I called and spoke to the manager and he said for me to come back in he would personnally handle the check and I was right they did take and cash western union checks.I told him I was too worked up at the moment to return and perhaps zellers would appreciate my money more he apoligised and advised me he would re-train the girl on how to process the checks. Then on the other hand I have been in there for a cell phone and the electronics team is awsome knowledgable and kind..go figure I still dont like that girl when i go in if she is working i avoid her completely.that was my beef with them. NOW some good tips: Have you ever grabbed something from a shelf in Wal-mart at the "sale" price then at the cash notice it being scanned at full value? Watch for this it happens alot and there is a way to fight back... mention to the cashier THE SCANNING CODE OF PRACTICE other places like canadian tire have this too what it does is if there are like ten items and the sale price is still there on the shelf they have to give it to you for free if under $10 or take $10 off the total for that iten furthering your SAVINGS. I scored a GARDEN HOSE DVD's and some Toys.For them its good practice so they honor it. Also:
    Buying an item at full price then a week later you see it advertised at a lesser price is maddning Ive been there..The wal-mart in town and all accross canada offers you 30 days price guarentee all you have to do is bring in your reciept and they give you the differance in the cost from what you paid and the sale price. I shop in december for christmas around the 5th of the month that way if I pay full price and it continually reduces in price by boxing day I return and get my money back last year i got $120.00 back! I bought sno suits and boots slippers and toys then on boxing week they all reduced to clearence and so they honored my reciept as long as its within 30 days. So hopefully my experiances help other shoppers.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Winnipeg, Manitoba//Regent West

I LOVE WALMART. They always have such good prices on there stuff and when ever they have a sale they always seem to have it. Most of the workers are nice and they usually know how things work so they aren't always asking someone or just saying they don't think that we can use a coupon. If they don't think we can use a coupon they always call someone just to be sure. They always have a lot of good fresh food in the store and are very friendly! I think that it is a really good store!!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I LOVE Wal-Mart...

I mostly shop at the new Supercentre Wal-Mart in Oshawa Ontario... but have also been known to frequent the Wal-Marts in Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, and the other one in Oshawa!

Here's why I love them:
    - they always have their sale items in stock, even during their ani sale
    - they don't give me a hassle when I use tons of coupons
    - they price match... I get all the local grocery sales in one place
    - they sell EVERYTHING right down to books being 25% off (love that)
    - they don't give you a hassle on returns
    - staff are friendly
    - and best of all, the new wal-mart has a nail salon right inside, so I can get my nails done in the same place before/after I shop... all they need is a gas station and I wouldn't have to go anywhere else

A faithful Wal-mart Shopper,
    Dayle

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had nothing but coupon problems the past 5 times I've been there. They wouldn't accept my busybones and tolberone coupons because "your coupon is worth more than the item!" so I said it says GST is included in the face of this coupon, you can read it down there. So they read it, then they said "sorry but you can't use this because of this size. You can only get tolberones in the bags and the busybones in packs of 2" So I said it says ANY SIZE. I don't understand the problem!?

Anyway besides that, my experiences have been good there

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information