User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

first of all, i find the staff unfriendly.
    secondly, they almost always give me a hard time about using coupons and i have to check my bill because usually they forget to ring at least one of them in. last time it was the J & J FPC that they didnt want to honour and finally the manager told the cashier to put it thru and when i checked my bill she didnt put it thru, so i had to go all the way to customer service where 2 other cashiers plus mine walked me to a cash register (they were all speaking another language and gesturing to me and my coupon -VERY RUDE) to get my money back.

that same evening i purchased a bassinett (not the ones that are on recall) and it had a little contraption on it for vibrate and nightlight. i get it home, spend half an hour assembling it and then realize that the little device is wonky and turns on by itself, you turn it off and then 5 minutes later its back on again-weird!

so two days later i take the little device back to this same walmart-8am the store is practicly empty. the lady at the cash asks for my reciept (which i forgot at home-but they have never asked me for a reciept before when i just want to exchange a defective part) and i tell her i dont know where it is. she tells me she cant take it back cause its not in the original packaging. i say that the original packing is 4 feet long and is meant to contain the entire bassinet and stand which is set up in my bedroom right now, i am not looking for a refund or credit, i just want to exchange this one piece for one thats not broken. i have returned many defective items to walmart before and they always just grab a new package and switch the part for me. she didnt want to do that, she keeps asking me for the reciept and why i cant bring back the whole thing in the original packaging. i am starting to get annoyed. finally she says "go to infants and someone will help you". so i got to infants, i cant find an employee anywhere, so i end up carrying this massive heavy box all the way back to customer service by myself (i am 9mos pregnant).

she looks at the box and rolls her eyes and says "so what i have to open the box!" i said "yes open the box, take this part out, give it to me, put this defective one back in the box!" and she says "so you bought this two days ago and you already lost the reciept!" holy crap, that was the wrong thing to say, i said "listen, im about to give birth any day now and the last thing on my mind is where my walmart reciepts are, can you just give me the part!" so i guess now you always have to have a reciept, they must be getting sticky on returns, still, the attitude i so could have done without.

worst service ever! chances of me going back to that walmart 0%!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yikes! That's terrible.

I also have to report that I bought a pork roast (all were on sale for $7) at the Walmart near Eglinton Town Centre, checking the best before date of Nov 18th. I actually thought I did well as I found a roast nearly double the weight of the others.

When I got home, I opened it up to season it, and I find that it was spoiled (ie bad smell, even after a rinse).

I think this might end my meat purchases there. I suppose anything packaged, bottled or frozen is okay, but the fresh meat section is a bit of a paradox. A lot of the steaks look discoloured, meaning old. Or worse.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was so mad today at Walmart in Cambridge Ontario. The cashier wouldnt let me use my coupons for toblerone bars because 'they were worth more than the coupon' They were .97 cents compared to $1. Also I asked if they still price matched. She told me yes but when I showed her the toys r us flyer and the toy that was it it... she wouldnt honor their policy. She said that the $10 difference was too much... I told her to forget the toy then. Grrr. This has made me so mad today. I have never ever had a problem with walmart since they first opened up in my area ( Guelph, Cambridge, Kitchener). I emailed the head office. Do you think they will get back to me or should I call?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely follow up with a call. I think they'll be surer to resolve the issue quickly, if it frees up their time. Besides, they clearly need to educate and properly train their staff in order to avoid disappointing customers and tying up head office - mention that!

Trading Score
    271 (99%)

Usually, it's good but when they start hassling me because of my coupons...

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Well Walmart called me yesterday but I wasnt home. They did leave a message though. The gentleman on the phone said that he doesnt understand why the price match wasnt honoured and said that if I came in they would definantly do it for me. He also said that he would talk with the associates and review the policy with them. I dunno if I am going to bother going there now... I will just go to toys r us to see if they have the toy that I wanted in yet.

Young Saver
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have a positive review on Wal-mart .
    I purchased the Boogie Super Star game for the Wii on Friday night at the Newmarket location and when I got home I found out the microphone wasn't working (after I thought I was just really bad at singing...), I put everything back in the box and brought it to exchange for a new one on Sunday.

I went to the Woodbridge location this time. The Line-up was EXTREMELY long..but it went by fairly quickly since their dept manager came and yelled at them for slacking lol. Although their policy says that games aren't refundable if opened from it's original package, they still gave me the refund without any hassle- and I went to purchase a new one with a working mic! - I LOVE the game! It's so fun.
    Last edited by tofuu; Tue, Nov 11th, 2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: added in locations

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a positive review:

I went to Walmart in Regina SK (Southland location) and I was looking for a new coffee maker. I wanted one that was on display but I couldn't find it on the shelf. As I was looking around an employee actually asked me if I needed help (instead of me looking for someone to help me). I showed her the one that I wanted and she said "just wait right here and I will look in the back". A few minutes went by and she came back and said there was none in the back but she called another store to see if they had one. They did so she got them to put it aside for me so I could go get it.
    Now that is great service. She did what I wanted without me asking for it.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Only 14 days from time of purchase! However Canadian Tire is only 7 days.

DD bought Nintendo DS with her own $,and had she waited 2 more days,
    it would've been price matched.

Being the crotchety coot I am, I plan to write a letter,or even better let my DD write one to shame them into a refund!

NB Let the record show Skippy still boycotts Walmart,yet is unable to convince the rest of his family!
    Follow up letter now sent.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Walmart Square One. The staff when they are not in a hurry will really help you but when it's close to holidays especially when doing a return, they can be very verbal....This particular location is great since it carries most of the stuff I need. They are not very great with online coupons though because they think you are making copies of it!!! This is where I hate them..
    Never LOSE anything with Oliver's Labels. Unique code to get your items back!!!

FREE shipping with order $30+.

PM me to save an additional 10%!!!!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Walmart Supercentre Heartland - Don't even dream of buying their produce!!! They stink and even with the expiry date, they are bad...I went there on two occasions.GThe first one, I bought a watermelon and when I cut it in half, my God, the smell was horrible!!! Had to throw it away.......Second time, went there and bought milk...It was good for another week but when I opened the sack, could not smell it. It had a horrible smell, was sticky ..Yuck!!!! I just threw it away, was not about to return it coz it's so foul!!!!
    Never LOSE anything with Oliver's Labels. Unique code to get your items back!!!

FREE shipping with order $30+.

PM me to save an additional 10%!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i read all the posts and i think that they are so interesting to hear
    i work in a wal-mart i have been there going on 10 yrs...we are now under construction for a supercenter and am not looking forward to that.........i do not shop at any other wal-marts if i go shopping in white oaks mall i never step foot into there wal-mart dont get me wrong its a nice store but they sell everything that the one i work in ...i dont go into tillsonburgs wal-mart because there store is so small that they never have anything...i dont even call them to find a item because 9 times out of 10 they wont have it ...but if a customer requests it then i do call......and the most times we are busy are anniversary sale and boxing days...those are the days that i try to get off especially boxing days is it ever a mad house but so is anniversary sale people with 2 carts and more ... but i do like working there ...its where i have my regular customers ...that i see everyday....and another tidbit when i first started at my store 9 yrs ago my job was a wal-mart greeter now i was 24 yrs old at the time .....how sad ......now to say i ended that and ended up in another department.....but i did feel bad for the customers when the alarm went off....and some of the time i didnt feel bad because security was catching people that needed to be caught...
    so i just wanted to put in my 2 cents

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My wal-mart in Surrey, BC often lack cashiers.
    http://www.gangstergreed.com?r=1393
    Free money for clicking, very easy money, also visit my guide on how to do it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (95%)

Walmart Niagara Falls-

Lacks of knowledge of coupons. They always end up calling the supervisor and the supervisor knows nothing more than the cashier. They usually waste my time by saying nonsene that has nothing to do with the problem. I really dislike walmart. I always hope to get a cashier that knows about coupons but there usually are none, or they're at a till with a pack load of people.

Walmartis very slow with coupons, they read the coupon around 100 times when I have hi-lighted the important details and such. The cashiers really don't know how to be independant so they just call the supervisor. I really don't know why they even get paid.

They're rude and obnoxious. For instance, today, I wanted to use my Contelle $1 Coupons for the trial packs and it states that it says ANY Flushable Wipes. They're like " Well the picture says 42 count " I kept on repeating ANY and they kept on repeating no trials. Omg, I really couldn't stay any longer cause of dinner so I just left!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Skippy
    Only 14 days from time of purchase! However Canadian Tire is only 7 days.

DD bought Nintendo DS with her own $,and had she waited 2 more days,
    it would've been price matched.

Being the crotchety coot I am, I plan to write a letter,or even better let my DD write one to shame them into a refund!

NB Let the record show Skippy still boycotts Walmart,yet is unable to convince the rest of his family!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Follow up letter now sent.

Long story short,cuz I can no longer remember the details.

Got a call December 3rd from the Store Manager.
    DD received $30.00 Gift Card,which represented the price difference.
    I did send a Thank You letter,and I apologise for the delay in posting.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information