User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never liked WM. There stuff are not really that much cheaper. Even on sale, they never have items in stock (my location)
    Join me at swagbucks in earning FREE GIFT CARDS and PRIZES
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/smalltrio

Trading Score
    43 (98%)

ive always liked WM, but that was before coupons.....i went in and found a gilette gift pack for 9.99$, i have a coupon, save 5$ when you buy 3 gilette products...no where on the coupon does it say they must be purchased seperately. ( i also realize the difference between a bonus pack the item is supplied free and a gift set the items as a set) Cashier calls CS and 10 minutes later and many glares later...says no. no reason why, just no. then tries to ring them through anyways!!

ugh i hate that walmart, ive just started to use coupons, bad bad experience..this is the Walmart on Ellice and Empress in winnipeg...lol next time im going to the regent or st vital location

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've been successfully boycotting Walfart for several months now. After several bad experiences there I finally put my foot down and said enough is enough. It's not just the bad (horrible) service and the cheap merchandise, it's the whole ... atmosphere of the place. Yes, I get the flyer every week and every week I scan it thoroughly, but only to use for price-matching at Zellers. If Zellers doesn't have a product that's advertised in the WM flyer, then I do without. My mind is boggled after reading all of these bad stories about random WM across the country. The conclusion that I came to is, they are all the same. I don't miss shopping there even remotely.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

What do you do when 2 walmarts in the same city have different prices?

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I like our Walmart and its funny because I don't go to our Zellers.

I never find what I want, prices don't seem to be priced right. (not just stuff that I am looking for but I have been in line when someone had to argue the price on something and in the end the customer was right and they tried to tell him that he couldn't profit from their mistake but they would give him 10% off or something...turned into a big tadooo and their weren't any other cashiers open....ahhhhh exasperating!!!!!!)

And so far I haven't had any bad experiences with our Wal-mart. I also like the Wal-mart at the Tillsonburg Norfolk Mall. White Oaks Wal-mart is ALWAYS busy. The Hyde Park Wal-mart reminds me of Wal-mart in the states. Yup I like Wal-mart.

For me its conveniently located, all the old farts with carts seem to know my parents so they don't bother me, the cashiers that I have used coupons with have been helpful (SO FAR) and it always seems to have racks of stuff on clearance.

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Generally ok, only have 2 major problems: price Tags and number of cashiers on duty. I often find either the price tag doesn't match the product ( sometimes could blame the customers for putting stuff at the wrong place) or no tags at all. I would like to see the price right away instead of wondering through the whole store to find a price checker.

Also it always seems there are not enough cashiers for the customers, I often find myself stuck in a 20 people lane while the rest of the 10 cash out are closed.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I can honestly say I have never had any major problems with Wal-Mart. The only thing I find is as with most places there are never enough cashiers on during peak times. But other than that, the 2 in St. John's and the 1 in Mount Pearl have been fine.

(Now the Zellers here on the other hand are a different story. Always disorganized and stuff looks like its been on the shelf for about 10 years.)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiva42 View Post
    Hi - I'm new at all of this coupon stuff, but it's awesome! I've learned so much from all of you experts out there - I wanna be like you when I grow up. All those free things....
    Anyway, I was at Walmart the other day using up some of my save.ca coupons, I had about 20 clenched in my sweaty little hand and I asked the cashier whether she would like the coupon placed on top of the corresponding item or all at the end. She basically snarled that it didn't matter to her, so I placed all of the coupons with the product it was to be used for. So she's scanning away and of course, a line up is growing cause there's only 2 cashiers open....She gets to the end of my order and gives a big sigh and says, I don't know if I've entered these coupons (totally $7.50) so she prints out a copy of the receipt and goes painstakingly through my list, trying to match up the 3 coupons she hasn't entered. I attempted to help her out, very nicely, and she just about bit my head off. Well, if you didn't have so many coupons, this wouldn't have happened she says loudly, so that everyone in the line up can hear how hard done by she is. So I respond just as loudly, I put the coupon with the purchase it was to be used for to make it easier for you - I'm sorry if you got confused. What can I do to help? She could have killed me with her look, and alas, my children would've been motherless, all to save $22 on products.....She finally figured out that no, she hadn't entered the $7.50 in coupons and proceeded to do so, but not without more dirty looks and big sighs.

Are all cashiers this nasty? Is this what you are faced with when trying to use coupons? Holy doodle, she was miserable.
    We most certainly are not, lol. But you got to understand some of the frustration of the day(though she isn't without fault here).

She is what one of only two cashiers open, she knows she is going to get a lot of angry customers after you, probably had a rough day and who knows what kind of backup she is getting from her supervisors.

Best thing I can recommend for the future is that after everything is put through give them the coupons and let them scan each one. That way you and her know that every coupon was used.

As for the attitude from the cashier, good luck with that.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Walmart locations in Vancouver are super inconvenient! Its quite far from public transportation... I guess the massive parking space means its targeting people with their own vehicles?

Their products are seriously not the cheapest in the Lower mainland area.
    For clothing, they are bad quality and high-priced (no brand).
    For beauty and skincare products, the price is almost the same as Zellers. But Zellers is much more convenient!
    For food, I'd rather go to save-on-food for better deals with the save-on-rewards card.

Their products are neatly placed on shelves/racks, which gives a hint that not many people shop there. I've always thought that there are more employees than customers O_o

Its pretty much the only place that I can go in, then come out without the shopping bags...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information