Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Tell us about your good or bad Walmart Canada Shopping Experience
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I personally have not had a problem with Walmart (in Surrey). I used to work there years ago so a lot of the staff were my coworkers. And they are still working there!
    Last edited by jenna321; Fri, Sep 19th, 2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: adding where

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

lately i've had nothing but problems with cashiers and taking coupons. I've really got a good in with the managers now so it works out. I think they're just tired of hearing me complain though LOL

One manager gave me a $25 gift card for all my hassle
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hit and miss, depends on the location and the mood of the workers.

Somedays great service, sometimes I just want to freak on them and never go back.

The best is when there's 30 employees wandering around and one cashier open and 30 people in line.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For the most part...Walmart has been pretty good. They are great for returning things, most of the time they are helpful..and only a few times have the cashiers been less than polite. My overall experience with Walmart is good!
    "To the world you may be one person, to one person you may be the world"

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I mostly have positive experiences with Wal-mart. They opened up a bedford-sackville location on Damascus a few years ago. And altho it's tricky to get into as they are still building it up, the store is big and bright. And usually not overcrowded. The staff I've encountered has been helpful and friendly.

Last night we went looking for fuses. So I thought lighting aisle. NO fuses. So we asked someone for help, and they told us "electrical". I wish they were not busy stocking up and walked us over. "electrical" was 1/8th of the tool aisle at the very back. But we found them. pricey..but when you need time delay that is what you pay for.

But i was distracted by all the sales. It is their anniversary event, so I just had to grab 6 vitamin b12 pills. bonus of 72 not 50 for half off! Hubby wouldn't let me look at anything else, but he did remark how cheap the bulk packages of kraft dinner was. (wtf? i hate kd).

In the middle aisle, i finally found the listerine agent cool blue, plaque detector, aks disclosing solution. i have been trying to find this stuff for over a year! last i heard ,it had been recalled. funny..it says "new and improved now". $5.20. took 2 bottles.
    I love their self serve checkout. zip zip zip..ring for a cashier..found those mini toblerone! freebies! she was fast, friendly. i saved alot of money that day.

I am dying to go back to wal-mart and see what hubby made me miss. I did notice before he hauled me away, was that toothpaste (crest? colgate?) forget which one, was 2.09 down to 71 or 77 cents.

anything better than half off is a sweet deal. the hubby however is not so sweet. i need to shop alone. ..

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

I absolutely LOVE Wal-Mart. My bf had always refused to go with me until the last time we went there. Once he seen all the great deals I was getting he felt necessary to be a part of it as if he contributes to collecting them... LOL. I have never had a bad experience at Wal-Mart and would greatly love to keep it that way. They way they display their items is beyond eyecatching. I am really glad they do it though or I would miss those great deals and end up paying full price next week! I only go to one specific Wal-Mart as I have to trave 30km just to get there. Well worth the trip!!!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

On the whole, I find Walmart exceptional about stocking their shelves for an advertised special.
    I find you can go any time of the week and find the items that are advertised.

On a negative note:
    I hate their security sytem. Something doesn't get scanned properly and the "old Beeper" goes off and the Geriatric Police want to check your baggage.
    Well, most of the time I keep walking because I know I paid for it. I only stop when my cart is jammed full, and make them go through everything.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

koala! omg. your funny.

but you do have to be careful of those beepers! i went thru, and a young girl went thru right behind me, it beeped, but i didn't know if it was something they didn't take off or if it was her's. so i went back. she kept on walking

i told the geriatric police..i donno if it was mine or the lady behind me. Oh it was hers she said with a scowl. but they never do anything!

so what is the purpose of the beeping scanners if they don't have the power to stop them? oh, it's like my hubby says, it's to keep the honest ppl honest.

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I like it when their beepers go off going into the store. I like to announce I am bringing stuff into the store.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Only 14 days from time of purchase! However Canadian Tire is only 7 days.

DD bought Nintendo DS with her own $,and had she waited 2 more days,
    it would've been price matched.

Being the crotchety coot I am, I plan to write a letter,or even better let my DD write one to shame them into a refund!

NB Let the record show Skippy still boycotts Walmart,yet is unable to convince the rest of his family!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the fact that most products were made in China and were cheap!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blistex View Post
    the fact that most products were made in China and were cheap!
    That's why we love Dollarama.

Learning to shop & save! twenty47's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

gonna start a new thread for my local walmart
    Last edited by twenty47; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2008 at 12:45 AM.

freebiefan
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This particular Walmart is one of the smaller ones (in fact, its the smallest one I've been in). Anyway, my fiance and I shop there regularly. Sometimes, there are not enough cashiers at the checkout, but that isn't too bad. The big thing is that we always have to wait for an associate, at layaway. Whether to make a layaway or to take one out, there is never an associate at the counter and we have to wait for someone to page, yet, someone else, over the intercom.

The staff is somewhat helpful when it comes to finding a product or to find which department the item may be in. "They try to follow thier three metre rule" which is to 'smile and greet a customer when within 3 meters from them'.

Sometimes they will have to recommend one of the Walmarts in London because since they are bigger, they may have what we are looking for.
    Overall, we still shop there regularly. Its also easier than driving 25 minutes to London.
    Oh I almost forgot, this Walmart is on carroll street in Strathroy, Ont.
    Last edited by papa joe5; Sat, Sep 27th, 2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: forgot to add where store is located

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information