User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: 2024-05 May Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    The decorative pillow for the sofa or the actual seat cushion someone is missing from their couch? You really have a jackpot of finds in May!
    Nah, it's just a pillow/cushion from atop a couch. I don't know the proper name for it.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    The following part is annoying. But stores do state one is to use the provided hand baskets and carts while shopping. I have yet to see Fortinos staff approach customers putting groceries into the plastic crates or totes but signage has been up since 2021 about that very issue. RCSS stores are in larger urban areas and I assume more vigilant in having security guards on the floor/on the monitors than smaller stores in the Loblaw banner family. Have noticed store staff having interactions with the older elementary students *usually boys with backpacks* coming in groups of 3 or more during lunch hours. There seems to be a concern about shoplifting.

Given that some stores have third-party security guards who may not necessarily have great customer service training skills
    I've been in retail and can understand the concern over students, but I'm a 50+ man. I don't dress nattily, but try to be squared-away.

The guard had RCSS ID, so I am pretty certain that he is on staff. On the other hand, the 3rd-party security lady at the entrance was cute. She once asked me what I was doing at the foodbank bin, so I explained and we haven't had any concerns, since.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

The load of laundry I was suppose to wash is in the washer now. Kitchen is 95% clean- Just have to wash the dishes I have soaking in the sink now.

Have my pile of work stuff I would like to get finished this morning. Then I think I may attempt to clean out my office closet. See what I can toss

The mac and cheese was polished off yesterday. There are still leftovers in the fridge so will plan to not cook tonight so they get eaten. I still have a bagged salad that I will have 1/2 today and the other 1/2 tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will empty the fridge out completely and give it a good clean. I should also wash the box of new glass food storage containers I bought over a month ago (redeemed pc pts) and then clean out the cupboard for them.

Would like to hit a garden center this afternoon for a few things for my one garden that I would like to finish by tomorrow evening. We added 4 x 50L of good soil and it could probably use one more bag!

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Good news, I guess, I barely made it to bed last night I was so tired, I feel asleep and I guess I slept so hard I woke up in the middle of the night and had no idea where I was, even though I was in my own bed. Although I will admit I am still so tired today but I think my body is playing catch up.

Yesterday got turned upside down. I woke up early and was sitting here looking at all of my work and honestly the anxiety was growing as I knew I could not get it all done in the time I have been given. So I sat here for 20 minutes going "do I email, don't I email, do I email, don't I email," I am not sure what is worse, being completely overwhelmed or having to admit that I cannot do it all. I think the admitting I cannot do it all is actually worse for my anxiety. But I gave in and sent the email.

Good news, they gave me more time but it came with a can you come in today. Our new managers were supposed to be spending the day with another manager but someone called in sick so they got diverted to another location but the person they were going to spend the day with had a meeting so I had to cover 3 to 4 hours. But doing this gained me an extra work from home day.

Now, I just need to find my focus and jump right in but I swear that secret bat signal went out and everyone knows I am not training today and the new requests are coming in.

I still have tons to get done around the house, I started laundry yesterday before I knew I had to go in and stayed later than expected so I was still doing laundry at 8 pm last night, not ideal. I was going to do the bedding today but honestly, I just don't have it in me.

I also need to make it to Costco this week there are sales I want to take advantage of. Plus will check the new flyers tomorrow and see if there is anything I should pick up before the weekend.

I need to find my ambition and knock this out.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Watched the girls today 3.45 til 5.30.I missed them .Little Cara her voice has changed since her surgery ,so soft .She asked if she could sleep over soon .I told her we will see as we are going to toronto on sat ,be home sunday dont know when .

They had a small basketball net and we were playing ,hubby and i took a pizza and left 4 slices for son/daughter-in-law .They will find it a bit tight this month as she had a week off no pay to watch cara recover from surgery for that one week.

A little tired as i did laundry at my sons up and down the stairs .Mine can sit in the wash til morning going to bed now.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day! Looks nice enough out...no snow I will take it!
    Messaged my friend seeing if she can can out for a walk today.

Oldest DS is hitting the road again with his band so I told him I would pick up the fixings for sandwiches so will go grab that early afternoon so it is ready before they leave later this afternoon.

Just made coffee and washed the 3 dishes that were in the sink from last night. Will wait till tomorrow morning to put away the laundry that was hung to dry yesterday...then hoodies will be dry by then too. Going away for the night tomorrow night so will start packing this afternoon. Will strip the bed in the morning and wash the sheets and hang them to dry since they will have the night to dry.

Have a wonderful day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

After my shock at seeing the Mother's Day brunch prices in Lake Louise my friend told me brunch at the Banff Springs was 129 for adults and 79 for kids-has the world gone mad? Neither of us will be going to the mountains for brunch anytime soon!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found 2x bags of beef jerky abandoned at a table at Wendy's.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon

Hubby and i went to a local farm store front and got a huge bag of apples for 13.99-i will share some with my kids and grandkids .I spent 34.00 and cost fresh sweet carrots to munch on ,strawberries were 2/4.00 so yummy then i had to have a fresh made buttertart 1.79 so worth it even thou i am trying to eat so much healthier .Nice to shop local .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I had to go and meet with a staff member yesterday so on the way home I went to Costco, totally spent more than I had planned but my schedule is so insane right now I feel like I just gotta roll with it. I grabbed a few things we always buy at Costco but I usually wait for them to go on sale but honestly even not on sale Costco has the better price and I am trying to break the mental battle I play with myself of do not use that because then you will have to buy more.

As well I did grab some convince foods so we can have them on hand like sandwich meat which was actually on sale. But also some other things so on week's like this week where I think I am working from home but get called in we have options. I always prep on the weekend but I find sometimes by the end of the week we are out of options. So I grabbed Beef Dumplings as that is a quick meal and some other things I cannot think of right now, my brain is fried right now.

I ran out on my lunch and grabbed a few things locally I do not buy from Costco like Garlic (sorry, we cannot go through 5lbs of fresh Garlic) and also took advantage of some of the sales. Plus some things we just need that Costco doesn't carry like Rice Wine Vinegar. I also grabbed a few more convince things, trying the Buttermilk Chicken Tenders @Frugalbigmama suggested, plus grabbed popcorn chicken as I figure a few of those in the air fry and than into a wrap or Salad, let's try it.

My fridge and freezer are now busting at the seams and my pantry is a mess but it also feels great to know we are stocked, we have option so even if my world goes upside down over the next couple of weeks we got this. Even if I only make it to one store just for some fresh stuff we are good.

I will admit since I have meeting tomorrow I was going to shop after my meeting but then I remembered summer is here so I have to shop on Thursday now or I won't get the deals as they will sell out, oh the joys of cottage season. Actually it was funny when I was shopping there were two men discussing just this.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear son came at 12.30 we drove out of town to Burlington and ate at a nice patio facing the water for my Mothers day lunch ,he even bought me a hanging plant .
    I had the juiciest sirloin burger and ceasar salad he had wings and fries and a beer.
    THen we walked across the street and had a small gelato so nice .

Lovely late Mothers day outing for me and him as he worked nights on the weekend ,yesterday he painted his ceilings so he asked me if today was okay ,its fine i said.I dressed up in my fancy capris and a nice short sleeve dressy top with a sweater.

The only thing is we didnt park in their parking area it was 10.00 first hour 5 for every half hour after that ,we found a spot on the street a block away total cost $4.00 for 2 hours.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, May 16th, 2024 at 07:17 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got 3x 1.1kg pies from Walmart for $3.15 each.
    Also found several jugs of 3% homo milk for $2.06, but don't have any freezer space left! harumph

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@HermanH How much rice pudding could you make? Or creamy Jello puddings with all that milk? Unless you are deft hand at cheese/yogurt making?
    harbie and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could make plenty of pudding. I've got 50+ packets just waiting. Unfortunately, even after pudding is made, it still has the same best-before date as the original milk ingredient.
    I can't eat 'that' much pudding.
    Alas, if only I had a fifth freezer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stressed out this week. My body and nerves are in a mess.

Oh, and Internet issues three nights in a row. Seems to have been resolved now: the laggy/closing/glacial Internet of past two days as I allowed two Windows updates to go ahead. EVen Chrome browser seems unresponsive or on edge of shutting down-so infuriating. But there had been an outage for more than 15min before 1am three nights ago and I decided to go to bed instead of waiting out the issue(after checking the modem). Could not print this morning despite verifying all plugs/settings etc were in order. I wanted to scream, I was not coping well.

Visited Lime Ridge Mall for a short while yesterday afternoon. Recycled some clothing items at H&M and did a short look around store; visited the Bay's kid's clothing dept-some rails have winter/fall items on clearance but seems more reductions on brand names has occurred. Three different "designer brands" have denim-type dresses for baby girls in their spring/summer collections; mall is going to make Guest Services area right behind the staircase opposite Second Cup on the main floor. Hope Guest Services has a room behind a wall to offer some noise relief for staff working the counter, like Mapleview Centre has for its Guest Services area. The improved visibility might help with gift card sales and other promotions as the current office is tucked up in a corner on second floor above the food court. Maybe Tesla's dealership will be getting the entire south end wall of the upper level?

Recycled ink cartridges at Staples across the street and spent about 25min at Rooms+Spaces outlet. Got another silicone trivet and the Joseph Joseph scoop+pick spoon! I could not find the spoon at the Sunday warehouse sale. Sale continues at Hamilton Outlet (50% off, final sale) and West Edmonton Mall (*40% off but not final sale). Managed to stop at my library branch on way home before closing for returns and quick chat with staff.

Today's mail was the Giant Tiger 2pg flyer with overflap. I went to my bank for a deposit and counter statement-weather was breezy/warm but not too hot.
    Need to consider what to get for weekend with $10 (beverages or protein). There's rain on the way too so have to plan around the weather.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information