• 2 Post By HermanH
  • 1 Post By Thumpersmom
  • 3 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By Thatdone
  • 1 Post By Thumpersmom

Thread: Walmart (VD) never accepts coupons

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am not one to post rants, but this one is getting me so irritated.

Over the last several years, every time I go to the Walmart in my area, the cashiers make up every stupid excuse to refuse coupons - oh the paper needs to be shiny, they need to be in colour, they can't be combined with other promos and this item is on sale.

The excuses had gotten so ridiculous that I stopped going there and I try to price match at Maxi; however, yesterday I made the mistake of going to Walmart again to get the Scrubbing Bubble deal of 2/$8 and tried to use the $4 wub 2 printable Websaver coupon. The cashier said 1) if there are dots in the date box, then the coupon should be on shiny paper, 2) the coupon says that it can't be used with other promos and we have it on sale. I asked for my coupon back and turned to leave. The cashier asked why am I leaving the items, and I replied that, if I can't use my coupons then it is not worth it for me.

So here is my rant - why aren't these cashiers better trained on the policies? OR why not tell customers from the beginning (on their website) that coupons are no longer accepted at that location? Very frustrated!

I think I will try another Walmart location just over the border in Ontario. Wish me luck!
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi, Walmart, Websaver
    walkonby, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm getting steamed just reading your post! I feel the same way about " trying " to use any coupons at WM. Like you, I tend to vote with my feet by leaving the items on the belt and walking away.
    Poirot, GeorgiaK and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    The cashier said 1) if there are dots in the date box, then the coupon should be on shiny paper, 2) the coupon says that it can't be used with other promos and we have it on sale. I asked for my coupon back and turned to leave. The cashier asked why am I leaving the items, and I replied that, if I can't use my coupons then it is not worth it for me.
    I have done the same with the Chapmans coupons. I had a shopping cart full of ice cream cartons and wanted to use a few accumulated coupons. The cashier said that the product was on sale for $4 and that I could use the $4 coupon, but that it would have to be applied to the full retail price of $5.60 before the discount came into effect. I just left the cart full of ice cream right there in the aisle and walked away from that nonsense.

Ironically, I took those same coupons to Walmart and bought 5x cartons without any fuss. I guess they did not consider them to be on sale.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I have done the same with the Chapmans coupons. I had a shopping cart full of ice cream cartons and wanted to use a few accumulated coupons. The cashier said that the product was on sale for $4 and that I could use the $4 coupon, but that it would have to be applied to the full retail price of $5.60 before the discount came into effect. I just left the cart full of ice cream right there in the aisle and walked away from that nonsense. Ironically, I took those same coupons to Walmart and bought 5x cartons without any fuss. I guess they did not consider them to be on sale.
    I only go to Walmart 1 or 2 times per year and every single time, I end up walking out empty-handed. This is absolute BS, just tell us that you no longer accept coupons right off the bat and stop wasting our time! UGH......with everything having gotten more expensive, I would think they would want us to be able to save money, especially since they would get this money back!
    Poirot, walkonby, HermanH and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only go to Walmart 1 or 2 times per year and every single time, I end up walking out empty-handed. This is absolute BS, just tell us that you no longer accept coupons right off the bat and stop wasting our time! UGH......with everything having gotten more expensive, I would think they would want us to be able to save money, especially since they would get this money back!
    I do the same for those stores who pretend that they have a price-match policy. i.e. only match prices on days with an 'R-' in them and the date is divisible by 7

Chuck you, Farlie.

Pure and utter nonsense. Just man-up and say you don't conduct price-matches.
    GeorgiaK and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I am not one to post rants, but this one is getting me so irritated.

Over the last several years, every time I go to the Walmart in my area, the cashiers make up every stupid excuse to refuse coupons - oh the paper needs to be shiny, they need to be in colour, they can't be combined with other promos and this item is on sale.

The excuses had gotten so ridiculous that I stopped going there and I try to price match at Maxi; however, yesterday I made the mistake of going to Walmart again to get the Scrubbing Bubble deal of 2/$8 and tried to use the $4 wub 2 printable Websaver coupon. The cashier said 1) if there are dots in the date box, then the coupon should be on shiny paper, 2) the coupon says that it can't be used with other promos and we have it on sale. I asked for my coupon back and turned to leave. The cashier asked why am I leaving the items, and I replied that, if I can't use my coupons then it is not worth it for me.

So here is my rant - why aren't these cashiers better trained on the policies? OR why not tell customers from the beginning (on their website) that coupons are no longer accepted at that location? Very frustrated!

I think I will try another Walmart location just over the border in Ontario. Wish me luck!
    Where did you find the Scrubbing Bubbles coupon GeorgiaK? Thanks!
    Ciel21 likes this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    Where did you find the Scrubbing Bubbles coupon GeorgiaK? Thanks!
    Enter the trivia contest then you get the print coupons. http://www.scrubbingbubblestrivia.ca
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, May 24th, 2024 at 09:08 AM.
    GeorgiaK, Thatdone and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Enter the trivia contest then you get the print coupons. http://www.scrubbingbubblestrivia.ca
    Thank you for the link
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thank you!!
    Ciel21 likes this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Thread Information