User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Just a question, and please don't take it the wrong way I'm just curious. Do you guys ever feel guilty requesting samples from 4imprint when you (I assume) have no intention of buying anything.

I guess I just feel a bit bad requesting samples from a company when I don't have a company or any use for 500 mugs (which is what I guess they are wanting you to buy).

That said I did order a sample. It arrived today, I got the Canada Post slip. I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on this.

Is it wrong?

I'm just saying...
    Join Swagbucks already!

Check out my Etsy store! http://www.alteredcartography.etsy.com

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by exitmanifesto View Post
    Just a question, and please don't take it the wrong way I'm just curious. Do you guys ever feel guilty requesting samples from 4imprint when you (I assume) have no intention of buying anything.

I guess I just feel a bit bad requesting samples from a company when I don't have a company or any use for 500 mugs (which is what I guess they are wanting you to buy).

That said I did order a sample. It arrived today, I got the Canada Post slip. I was just wondering everyone's thoughts on this.

Is it wrong?
    Aha. I'm the queen of guilt. I feel guilty for just about everything I get for free, but I'm weird like that.

I trust that they're not hurting too much by sending me a hollow USB drive. It may have been free, but I was insulted. Imagine how many people get that and think, I'm not ordering these, they don't even work.

If they're happy with their screening process, then I say don't stress about it. No one knows what the future holds. Maybe one day we all will place orders.

Though I doubt it. The products I have received samples of have all been pretty crappy quality- aside from the pizza cutter, but I doubt I'll have a need for 150 pizza cutters any time soon.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No, I don't feel guilty taking free samples. When a company offers free samples it is because the company wants people to take the samples for free. A person is not obligated to buy because of a free sample. That is the person's choice and the company is aware of that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The companies can also write off the free samples when they do their taxes.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I received a free pen from them , only took about a week.. As for feeling guilty, since I've only ordered a pen that sells for about 50cents on their site, I don't feel guilty. However, I don't like how people on here are ordering large things like the knives etc. Yes, these companies do make a lot of money, but that doesn't give you a right to lie to them ( you do need a real business to order from them), and order expensive things. Things like a pen, I get, but the reason they have the knives, blankets etc is to allow real companies to experience their products and order them for their customers. If this company (4Imprint) realizes that non-businesses are ordering their stuff, they will stop allowing real businesses to order their free samples, and those business will lose out on stuff they could have ordered to see what they wanted to get for their customer.. Just what I think about the matter

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I received a free pen from them , only took about a week.. As for feeling guilty, since I've only ordered a pen that sells for about 50cents on their site, I don't feel guilty. However, I don't like how people on here are ordering large things like the knives etc. Yes, these companies do make a lot of money, but that doesn't give you a right to lie to them ( you do need a real business to order from them), and order expensive things. Things like a pen, I get, but the reason they have the knives, blankets etc is to allow real companies to experience their products and order them for their customers. If this company (4Imprint) realizes that non-businesses are ordering their stuff, they will stop allowing real businesses to order their free samples, and those business will lose out on stuff they could have ordered to see what they wanted to get for their customer.. Just what I think about the matter
    So, just so I'm clear- a pen is ok, but a fleece blanket is a no-no? It's important to know where to draw that line.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i did 3, i hope they come

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by exitmanifesto View Post

Is it wrong?

i feel guilty too, but if the companies are offer samples, its their loss, i guess. and i dont think that i would buy anything from them, but im sill sleeping at night, so im not guilty enough i guess.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatjana View Post
    i did 3, i hope they come

i didnt order a blanket or a knife, just a pen, a sporst bottle that goes for $3 and a notebook that goes for $2.50, if i have to send it back, no problem.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iAmBrendaLee View Post
    So, just so I'm clear- a pen is ok, but a fleece blanket is a no-no? It's important to know where to draw that line.
    Well, a 50 cent pen compared to a twenty dollar blanketis big difference. I mean, it's your life and who am I to say what you should and should not be doing but its just my opinion that ordering a pen is not a huge deal compared to ordering a blanket etc which is worth much more then the pen GWIS?

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Ordered a lip chap and pen with sanitizer... will see if they come. The pen is great, works well

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The question of guilt is a good one, thanks for asking it exitmanifesto. It's been interesting reading the responses. I myself feel guilty for some of the offers I partake in (such as this one and other companies that are similar), but after a while I guess the guilt floats away a bit. When I first discovered SC I had a hard time at first requesting certain samples, but it is a great way for these businesses to get people to talk about the free samples they received. I know I mentioned this company to a co-worker that is looking to promote 'the company' so if they can take advantage of some word-of-mouth publicity, they do end up winning in the end.
    At least that's my rationalization...
    Please Lord, let the Leafs win a cup while I'm alive!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I ordered a pen, hope I get it. I do own an e-commerce business so I may end up ordering pens or something in the future. If I do and I like their sample, they may get my business!

That said, I think I have ordered about 6 FS tonight from this site alone! Do I feel guilt, ummm nope!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks. I just put in for some samples.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday I received a couple of samples I requested (a key tag, and a caribineer), today I received their catalog along with a couple of samples they sent as gifts to me -- their new Wolverine pen and a pad of Post-it notes!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information