User Tag List

Page 15 of 144 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast
Like Tree1264Likes

Thread: Deals, Questions, Info. General Chatting and Skanky Mischief

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

local Thai restaurant

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I finally found an IGA with the Simply Orange but they made me pay tax ?? The girl agreed with me that's it's an FPC but said since nothing was mentioned on the coupon about tax... she had to charge me... Anyone else experience this ?

I'm off to go look for Defi Sante FB page.
    Bizarre. You don't pay taxes on food, do you?

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsaver View Post
    Bizarre. You don't pay taxes on food, do you?
    You have taxes on food when it's a single portion, but it's more complexe then only this.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I finally found an IGA with the Simply Orange but they made me pay tax ?? The girl agreed with me that's it's an FPC but said since nothing was mentioned on the coupon about tax... she had to charge me... Anyone else experience this ?

I'm off to go look for Defi Sante FB page.
    Tbites: take a look to your bill. They took off the taxes when they scan the coupons.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Mine did not even scan the product. She just put them in the bag.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Ok need some advice here. As you know, DH and I fostered dogs and we had to take a break since we are too busy taking care of 2 buildings at the same time. The new guy is hired and will start April 1st (thank god!), we will then be able to foster again.

One of the reason I wanted to foster and not adopt is that I was not over our Dear Mason that passed away in May. I kept comparing all our foster to him and that is not fair to any dogs, so I knew I was not ready to adopt.

One of the foster we worked with and got adopted was Picsou, a chihuhua. I had Chihuahua in the past, am able to work with their temper and really like the breed. 2 weeks after he was adopted I found myself missing having a chihuahua around, more then I expected.

So here's my dilemna.

I keep talking about adopting from shelters instead of buying a puppy and all my previous dogs were rescues (except 1 of my 2 chihuahuas, I purchased her from a family breeder). I loved all of them.

But now I am thinking of getting a puppy from a family breeder (not a puppy mill), a chihuahua puppy since I have been missing the presence of one and at the same time, I feel guilty of wanting to purchase a puppy instead of rescuing a dog...

Am I horrible if I get a puppy? Argh!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

tummy full of yummy Thai food.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Arielmac, do you absolutely want a pure bred? And a wee little puppy or, let's say under 1yr? 6mos?

Take a look at Mia http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22423047 (I adopted both our dogs from that SPCA)
    And Pebbles: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21721539

If you really want to go the rescue route, with a little patience, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. We always had litters of young puppies to foster so there isn't a shortage of them, that's for sure. Keep an eye on Rosie's site too as they often have young pups (including entire litters) of all breeds for adoption.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueapple82 View Post
    Did she scan it or enter it by hand?? if she scan it, it's suppose to be completly free!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    Tbites: take a look to your bill. They took off the taxes when they scan the coupons.
    The only other item on my bill was Exceldor ground chicken which I'm pretty sure isn't taxed. I think this is what the problem was... they didn't scan the coupon's barcode, they manually entered the price of the Simply OJ ($1.99) as a manufacturer's coupon.

Posted on Defi Sante's FB page... will write to IGA... the .86 cents isn't the end of the world... but the principle of it bugs me.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

The only other item on my bill was Exceldor ground chicken which I'm pretty sure isn't taxed. I think this is what the problem was... they didn't scan the coupon's barcode, they manually entered the price of the Simply OJ ($1.99) as a manufacturer's coupon.

Posted on Defi Sante's FB page... will write to IGA... the .86 cents isn't the end of the world... but the principle of it bugs me.
    Is this the IGA on Champlain?

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    Is this the IGA on Champlain?
    Yes and no

IGA Champlain: they were out of Simply OJ, cashier was willing to substitute the Simply Lemonade but the coupon wouldn't scan so the "supervisor" entered it as $1.99 Manuf. coupon and said I had to pay tax... so I refused and left the products there.

Went to IGA on Cote St Luc road yesterday (which I NEVER go to b/c I despise their b*tchy Mgr) and that's where I ended up getting them and getting charged tax )

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

You are not horrible but look at the dogs that are in need to be adopted first and then decide what you want to do.....i rescued my boxer and it is the best decission I ever made.....adopting a rescue that needs a family is so rewarding....but only you can decide

Quote Originally Posted by Arielmac View Post
    Ok need some advice here. As you know, DH and I fostered dogs and we had to take a break since we are too busy taking care of 2 buildings at the same time. The new guy is hired and will start April 1st (thank god!), we will then be able to foster again.

One of the reason I wanted to foster and not adopt is that I was not over our Dear Mason that passed away in May. I kept comparing all our foster to him and that is not fair to any dogs, so I knew I was not ready to adopt.

One of the foster we worked with and got adopted was Picsou, a chihuhua. I had Chihuahua in the past, am able to work with their temper and really like the breed. 2 weeks after he was adopted I found myself missing having a chihuahua around, more then I expected.

So here's my dilemna.

I keep talking about adopting from shelters instead of buying a puppy and all my previous dogs were rescues (except 1 of my 2 chihuahuas, I purchased her from a family breeder). I loved all of them.

But now I am thinking of getting a puppy from a family breeder (not a puppy mill), a chihuahua puppy since I have been missing the presence of one and at the same time, I feel guilty of wanting to purchase a puppy instead of rescuing a dog...

Am I horrible if I get a puppy? Argh!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Yes and no

IGA Champlain: they were out of Simply OJ, cashier was willing to substitute the Simply Lemonade but the coupon wouldn't scan so the "supervisor" entered it as $1.99 Manuf. coupon and said I had to pay tax... so I refused and left the products there.

Went to IGA on Cote St Luc road yesterday (which I NEVER go to b/c I despise their b*tchy Mgr) and that's where I ended up getting them and getting charged tax )
    Tbites: yesterday morning, OJ and AJ was in the fridge. I had no problem to pick up mine.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Wasn't really gung-ho about doing the Pharmaprix redemption, but DH and I ended up spending the day in Ontario yesterday (were going to spend the whole wkend but decided the drive to Toronto was a bit long for our moods ) and we redeemed for those lucky items, milk and drugs (LOL sounds like a bad cocktail!). He also convinced me we needed to spend a full $200 and get a Wii. So I caved . In the end, it's me playing Super Mario, not him . Milk 2% 4L bags were $4.29, there was a lot of produce too at the SDM I picked (peppers, lettuce, cucumbers, etc, stuff I don't see at most of the local Pharmaprix). I found prices to be outrageous on most items for this redemption, but was able to find a few good deals, including the meds using some HV coupons, cottage cheese at its usual sale price 1.99, etc..Only bad part was that I misread the flyer and forgot that in Ontario the special deals are Sunday/Monday, so was not able to pick up some pop at 2/$5.50.

Also was able to score 0.99 large all-natural Swiss chocolate bars at Food Basics and $0.99 cans of Allens Apple juice with those lovely $5 Oasis coupons. DH will give the kids he tutors the apple juice, and I get to keep the coupons

And last but not least, LOVE scoring alcohol at LCBO with bonus Air Miles! Thank you IMLN for pointing out that you can get miles there! Have shopped there before, but boy, the amount of miles you can rack up! Bought some ice wine as gifts, $19.95 + 20 bonus Air Miles each El Dorado rum, 30 Air Miles! (that one was more spendy though, at $35.60).

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

lol got 80 airmile buying 4 bottles in wine yesterday!

Page 15 of 144 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread Information