User Tag List

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by S&P View Post
    If your ready to be treated like a sh*tty worthless customer by staff go right ahead and go to a Zellers in liquidation right now.

[...]

It also didn't help that I went to a Zellers located in a predominantly low-income neighborhood of north Toronto in the Jane St. area Sheridan Mall. I'd also like to add the place was a complete dump with a bunch of miserable workers that treat you horribly.
    Argggggh! Sheridan Mall!! I go there!!! (Sometimes).

You're right, that place is always pretty bleh. I don't know if I've ever seen a happy worker there, and the store itself is a bit dismal. I can easily see why it's closing. I guess, if I go, I'll lower my expectations even further.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Target will not be starting up there. I'm not sure what store wants that location, but I hope something moves in, and doesn't leave that space empty -- the mall already has too many vacancies.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience -- but, thanks for posting, so I'll know what to expect!

Maybe I'll just go visit Woodbine Centre -- it's further away, but at least there's other stores to visit.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    I agree but the cashier swore not once but twice with the poster. I would've called the manager so fast and still told her where to go!! And i hope when Target comes around to start hiring, they read all these stories of the horrible customer servie most of the Zellers stores staffed and instead hire some new people!!!

you know i think that is actually a good sign, with them hiring by their own standards.

if they want to maintain control by starting from scratch it may have something to do with the culture of service they wish to create.

i might be 100% off, who knows lol. perhaps i'm just hopeful
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Went to the Zellers in Ottawa (Blair) and really it was terrible. Most of the items were at or above regular prices, and then you saved 10-30%...The only seemingly good deal was all backpacks were on for 60% off.

Must get Dempster toaster...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Carleton Cards are 40% off including Easter Cards.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I say this ALL the time to my team when I worked a large organization. Be nice to everyone you never know who will be your boss or who will be interviewing you next. WE do remember who you are when interviewing. Would be ashame that you go for your dream job and the person interviewing you is the person you treated like crap or told off... doesn't matter what job you work at!

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    I have been thinking about the reports of hostile and nasty staff at some of the Zellers stores.
    Wouldn't it be great to go from being the mistreated customer to the potential employer interviewing that same person a few days later ?
    Join Swagbucks Today!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/watergirl73
    I've made $50 how easy is that!
    Trade List and Wish List 2011

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Does anyone know if brampton ON have any store have good deals

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I am sorry so many of you have had horrible experiences at liquidation. I just wanted to say that not all stores are like this. I had a pleasant experience at mine. I bought some Tylenol BackAche, and I used my coupon for $10 off. She had to double check with her manager, but it was all good. And they were pleasant. This store will be a Walmart...maybe that makes a difference?

Deals aren't that great. I was mildly disappointed. And the store was very busy too. I passed on a lot of things...going to wait. I hope there is good stuff left when the prices go down further.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This isn't a takeover. This is Zellers closing almost all stores. Then Target comes in and takes over the leases for the property where those Zellers stores used to be. Zellers is not bankrupt, it will continue to exist in some small communities. Hudson Bay just decided they want to stick to high end stuff.

Target did not buy Zellers. That's why the new employees will be hired separately and start from scratch with benefits and minimum wage. It is like a GM factory closing down for example, and then all those former employees go work at Ford, they have to start their benefits from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by breylormom View Post
    In these takeovers, isn't there an intermediate company that does the liquidation? That way the 2 companies can't rip each other off. Isn't that why there are new rules and sales? We also can't use any Zeller's FB coupons now in the stores that are closing. As I understand it, these liquidation companies can be brutal. Their job is to get as much money from the items, yet clear everything out so they don't have to move it. I could be wrong though. Guess it all depends on the negotiations of the sale, really????
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also some of the Zellers locations are being taken over by Wal-mart. In fact the North Gate Mall location here in Edmonton, is being taken over by wal-mart, and the Pharmacy will be taken over by wal-mart earlier than the store closing.

My mom works for Zellers, and she told me that each week they would be dropping the prices lower and lower.... might be something to keep in mind. This location is done June 2nd (which is when the doors close I believe)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by medicmommy View Post
    Anyone in Ottawa checked out the Blair location? I haven't been back since I saw the signs...

I did on friday....Not the best deals in my opinion.... same as everyone else stated... They have to get much lower before I buy anything.... The main items on my wish list : microwave, air purifier, printer ink.... all the rest of the items if they are not free or almost free I will pass

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EastEndGuy View Post
    Went to the Zellers in Ottawa (Blair) and really it was terrible. Most of the items were at or above regular prices, and then you saved 10-30%...The only seemingly good deal was all backpacks were on for 60% off.

I agree...I walked out without buying a thing on friday.....but all was not lost on that trip.....I got the Dove Body wash deal at Loblaws

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

any good deals @ East York Town Center? did anyone find anything there?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I was quite shocked today when I drove by zellers on my way to no frills. it was SO busy. ALOT of ppl going in and coming out. can't imagine what its going to be like when it goes more than 30%. i have my eye on a few things better keep a close on those.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Has anyone been to the Sq 1 liquidation zellers? Any good deals there?
    ~Want to get FREE giftcards, paypal $$ and other awesome stuff? Well then join the thousands of others like me on SwagBucks!
    ~Join Listia for even more great FREE deals! You can PM me for help/more info!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Zellers Georgetown was super busy this weekend but I walked out without buying anything. Still waiting for the price drops!! The cards are a good deal at 40% off so I'll pick up my easter, birthday and mother's day cards (if available) now but will save future card buying for the latter weeks of the close out sale. Furniture and fixtures started to be put out for viewing/for sale. Mostly the items from the restaurant at this point plus the store posted several pics of other items for sale. Decent but you could get some of those items for a better price than what's listed.

Looking forward to the updates!

Amy4coupons, I'm wondering the same re the brampton stores. I haven't had time to go down there but might try for a quick visit week.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information