User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble recently using any coupons. I went to use ONE coupons for the Resolve that was on sale at RCSS last week and that cashier made me feel like I was stealing. She told me "we are not a bank, you should not be getting this for free". I joked back and asked her what bank she uses because I dont get anything for 'free' from my banks. Anyways, I just thought that she was being quite rude. I didnt really want to make a deal out of it so I just took my resolve and was happy.
    Then this week I went back to RCSS to use the cereal/ice cream coupon. I was lucky to have a coupon that says ANY SIZE of the GM cereal (they have changed them now to be size specific so that only the large cereal qualifies for free ice cream). I purchased the 1.88 cereal and wanted the ice cream for free and again it was a huge deal like I was stealing from them or something.
    Just wondering if anyone else had the same issues?
    I used quite a few coupons at east WM last night and no issue at all.....
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I think the TV show extreme couponing has made some people view couponers as though we all want something for nothing and laugh at the stores we 'rip off'. I wish that show had never aired. I work hard to feed my family, both in terms of working every day at my job and in terms of scrimping and of figured all the legit angles there are to save a $.
    wendymac

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I hate using coupons at RCSS! They are just awful sometimes, they have to override when you have $10 in coupons and its just a pain, besides the fact that they make you feel like a criminal. Walmart usually is really good, I used to spend the majority of my money at RCSS and its changed just for that reason, mostly at Walmart where they make me feel welcome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Welcome to SC, Nicker27. You'll find that some days you have to have a 'thick skin' to be a couponer. It's too bad the cashier was so rude. RCSS issued the CouponZone coupon and should have known it was out there when they decided to put the Resolve on sale. My RCSS used to be the same way -- until a Walmart Supercentre opened just a few blocks away. Suddenly my Superstore is bending over backwards to accommodate couponers. There was a time, though, when I refused to go to RCSS because it wasn't worth the hassle and negativity.

icyjess
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I just use $50 in coupons at RCSS in windsor on walker. Np, my cashier was great!!! I do get looks sometimes (i just think they are jealous) but when you get a great cashier its so worth couponing Hang in there it will get better. Remember your saving ur family money 1 dollar at a time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sad have some things have changed since those tv shows

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not to be rude, but was she a very heavy set blonde lady? I had a real issue last couple times with her. I was so nice and she gave me nasty looks and threw in a digg about freebies. I have had about enough of RCSS as well.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nope. It was a brown short hair older lady. I guess it just depends on the cashier.

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Was it at the Walker RCSS or the Dougall one? Last week my mom and I went through the self checkout at the Dougall one and the lady working the area was not impressed, lol. We each had 3 Resolve (didn't notice the fine print on the coupon, oops) and before we had even scanned a single item she walked over and told us the Resolve was one per person. Okay, no problem. I put through the rest of my groceries and scanned the Resolve coupon when I was done (since it was a coupon zone coupon) and it subtracted $2. The Resolve was $1.97. When I gave her the coupon after entering it she was all huffy - "I have to put that one through!" The self checkout has a screen for coupons, so I wasn't sure why she was so upset. Then I saw what she did - she voided the $2 coupon and put it through at $1.97. Wow, all that fuss over 3 cents? She was acting like it was coming out of her pocket or something. I'm surprised she didn't just go take the pad of the coupon board if she was so unhappy with customers getting some free Resolve, lol!

I don't usually have many problems using coupons. The only store I regularly have trouble with is the Giant Tiger on Tecumseh near Bernard. There are multiple cashiers who have given me trouble over coupons (that are used correctly!) or SCOP. After my last "incident" there I am never going back! I will go to the one on Wyandotte near Lauzon, the cashiers there are more pleasant to deal with.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

icyjess
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Totally Agree......The GT on Tec. Customer service is HORRIBLE !!!!!!! I always travel the extra 8 mins to get to the GT on Lauzon. The Dougall store cashier probalby took the pad down. I went right after I read the thread and they are NO WHERE to be found. But I did a quick trade with a wonderful SC Thank you HAHAHA Superstore cashiers I later PM resolve with no frills ($1.88) deal and used my cz $2 off

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I also found that going to the self cash registers are terrible, when I have coupons I go through the other line.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Im from amherstburg and the one cashier at the walmart hates me when i use coupons , she just gives me a look because im 18 and i use coupons ? The Pharmaplus here has no problems with my coupons as long as I use them within the restrictions ( which i always do ). I find it reallly matters at the time you are going and how busy the walmart is. Some cashiers just smile when i use them and other stare me down like im stealing

Thread Information