User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alicia

Thread: Couponing for singles?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Is this a good idea? Any sites or groups for single couponers?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by timmbbo View Post
    Is this a good idea? Any sites or groups for single couponers?
    Hi, timmbbo. I don't know if there are any sites designed for singles, per se, but I think the difference is, singles and couples tend to coupon in a different way than those with larger families. DH and I have no kids and live in a one bedroom apartment. For us, storage space is always at a premium; meaning we can't buy 20 bottles of Tide or 30 packs of toilet paper (unfortunately). Cheers!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am not aware of anything specifically for singles/couples either. That being said, no matter the size of the family, you need to know how fast you go through certain items. Obviously it will be faster for a larger family or if it is your favorite item.

We are just two here, and we do have a small stockpile, but we don't go through as much as if there were kids in the house. You can still buy the great sales with coupons but we are conscious of the quantity - don't get too swept up with pairing the coupon and sales price because if you don't get around to using it before it goes bad,... Well you are wasting money. It took me a bit to realize this in regards to me buying fresh produce on sale and ending up with a lot in the composter.
    hdempsey likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I figure that I live in such a small space that stockpiling is very limited. I also don't use a lot of the stuff, like processed foods and fancy cleaning things, so this has me doing it on a smaller level.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

Crazy Croatian Couponer HelenaZAE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Couponing depends on your family size and your space. I crazy coupon for everything that doesn't expire, but I have the space to store it and with 6, sometimes 7 in our house; 30pkgs of toilet paper would last me the same time 3pkgs would last a single person. My rule is I only buy up to a 1 or 2 yr supply depending on what it is- Laundry soap I go crazy for and have 30 bottles but I do a load a day so it doesn't last same with my health and beauty stuff. I don't go crazy for cleaning supplies cause I use a bottle a month. It all depends on what you use, how much you use, how much space you have and if it's free cause free can be given away if you don't want it.

Even if you don't have a stock pile you should still be proud of what you can save by even using 1 coupon a week. You may not see the value stored in your cupboards but you'll see the value in your wallet and that is truely cause to smile.
    The most wonderful things in life can be found in a child's laugh..............

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was actually just wondering if there was a specific way for single couponers to meet, maybe a groupo for single couponers only. I guess I need to be more clear lol

Hey, if there was a dating site for couponers, do you think there would be a coupon for it? (lame joke, i know).

Crazy Croatian Couponer HelenaZAE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I was thinking that was what you meant.
    That would be a great idea, but I don't think it exists. You could try to start a group or have coupon/singles meet at the library or like how they have coupon swaps on here or even just start a thread. You could find your perfect match or maybe just people in the same boat as yourself. I know after being married for so long I have no clue what it is like to be single, although I do miss the good parts sometimes... like taking a shower without the consistent knocks on the door asking for something and its not always the kids

Quote Originally Posted by timmbbo View Post
    I was actually just wondering if there was a specific way for single couponers to meet, maybe a groupo for single couponers only. I guess I need to be more clear lol

Hey, if there was a dating site for couponers, do you think there would be a coupon for it? (lame joke, i know).
    The most wonderful things in life can be found in a child's laugh..............

Thread Information