User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Planning a crossboarder shopping trip for saturday! Help me Smart Canucks!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Jet puff marshmallows!!!!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not sure if you're going to this mall but, Great Lakes Crossing Outlet Mall in Michigan will give you a coupon booklet when you show them your driver's licence to prove you traveled from afar. Just go to the customer service desk. They have a Tim Horton's in their food court, and it's cheaper than the Tim's in Canada. They also have a Burlington Coat Factory in the mall, a Kohl's across the street, and a Meijer down the road. I live in the GTA now but I sure do miss shopping in Michigan, can't beat the deals !

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Macy's 'out of state' discount is 15%. It applies to most purchases (even clearance).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Lots of Tim's on the way to Chicago from the Sarnia border crossing. Cheaper too! I think the cups are the same size now tho. They used to be huge

Quote Originally Posted by Khaight View Post
    haha i Have never even seen a tim hortons in michigan!! At least not in our area... were from a small town outside Windsor Ontario so we go into areas like Detroit and Flint etc

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am going on a spring shopping trip on Saturday and am looking to get some good crossboarder deals and possibly some printable coupons I can use over there. We are going to meijers, kohls, burlington and one of the malls, all in michigan. If anyone has any suggestions on how to make our american shopping experience a success, please post your tips!!!!
    Don't forget the duty and taxes you might end up paying on most of the goods when you come back. You might want to make sure that they are made in USA or Mexico or Canada to get an exemption on the 18 % duty under NAFTA . You will still pay tax on it.

Check the daily or 48 hr exemption limit for diff. goods. You might have to throw some of the boxes or packages away or labels if you want to cheat and avoid the taxes But not worth it in my opinion as if you get caught there are heavy fines and they even blacklist you or red you on future trips

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    200 (100%)

There is a Tim's in Novi, Michigan. I know that because my sister lives there and I always have to stop by before I do my drive home.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Go to all those american printable coupon sites....like www.smartsource.com
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    Not sure if you're going to this mall but, Great Lakes Crossing Outlet Mall in Michigan will give you a coupon booklet when you show them your driver's licence to prove you traveled from afar. Just go to the customer service desk. They have a Tim Horton's in their food court, and it's cheaper than the Tim's in Canada. They also have a Burlington Coat Factory in the mall, a Kohl's across the street, and a Meijer down the road. I live in the GTA now but I sure do miss shopping in Michigan, can't beat the deals !
    We were there just 2 weeks ago! Don't forget to go to the Olive Garden for dinner as well the Golden Corral! Golden Corral is an all you can eat buffet and I believe it was $12 for adults. They have EVERYTHING from roast to chicken to grilled steak, chinese and mexican and to top it all off a huge chocolate waterfall! If you are going to the Premium Outlets in Flint go to the Customer Service area in the back and they will give you a coupon book as well. We found great deals at the Nike and Areopostle stores. There is also a restaurant across the street called Tony's that is famous for their 1 lb bacon sandwich! They are suppose to be very cheap too. We didn't get a chance to get there sadly. Also when you are in Walmart check out their cereal isle. The US has a greater variety of flavours! My daughter got S'mores and I got Doluche Deluce Cheerios.

Need a new thing-a-ma-bob? Get it free and easy with Swagbucks! Fill out surveys, play games, watch videos and get paid to do it! Amazon, PayPal and lots of other gift cards to be had!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always go to www.mommysavesbig.com before heading to the states. You'll find all sorts of links to retail and grocery coupons that you can print off before you leave. There is always plenty to choose from and I've saved a ton of money by taking advantage of the offers over the years.

Happy Shopping
    breylormom likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't know if Michigan has Tops Markets, but next week they have $1 coupon doublers - so $1 coupons are worth $2. This Sunday , April 1, there is a US RedPlum, US Smartsource and US P&G in US newspapers (generally these coupon inserts are HUGE!), so this is a good chance to try for one of those really great 'coupon' shopping trips. Tops also has GasPoints towards gasoline at their stations. Right now, the price is about the equivalent of $1.06 per litre (before any GasPoints discounts).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wait till june if you can. The recent budget has greatly increased how much you can bring back without paying duties and taxes i.e the exemption limit

Coupon Newbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sometimes it's the size of the product that makes it worthwhile. Last year I had to buy deoderant in the States (my favourite is the Secret Scent Expressions) because I had lost the one I had. The cost was cheaper at WM than some stores here (I think around $3), but the stick is at least twice the size! I'm planning on picking up some of them when I'm in the States later this year.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeah they wont let me sign up because I'm not american
    I sign up anyways and use the hotel address that I am staying at. LOL. Works for me.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information