User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thrift Store/Second Hand Brags!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I thought it was a good idea for us to have a thrift store and second hand brag section since we are on a deals site and I know more people than just me thrift on here.

Did you find any hidden gems while thrifting? Post and let us know!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Wed, Mar 28th, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't have pictures yet but I will get some when I wear the items.

Vintage:
    Sailor dress from I think around the 70's fit's like a glove and was only $6.99. The brand is called Dollar made in the US.
    High-waisted slacks from the 80's which also fit like a glove and only $5.99. The brand is Rio made in Canada.

High End:
    Roberto Capucci silk scarf for $1.50. He is an Italian haute couture designer that I had never heard of before but I loved the scarf. I found out it would cost me around $217 to purchase one new.
    Liberty of London silk scarf for $2.99. It's a department store in England similar to our Holt Renfrew. This scarf is what I was told the vintage classic paisley design, though I don't know how vintage it is? I suspect it might be from late 80's or early 90's because it's in perfect condition. New scarves go for between 125-205 pounds on the website.
    Fendi sweater for $9.99!!! I was staying with my sister and didn't pack a ton of clothes so we went to VV and I was looking unsuccessfully for warm things to wear. My sister was like come here and she showed me the double F pattern on the sleeve then showed me the label and price tag. I thought she had meant she was getting it and wanted to know if I thought it was real but she was like no for you because I wouldn't wear it...So it's a size too large but whatever it's Fendi! LOL! I have no idea what it would retail for but it looks brand new and was probably from last season.

Random stuff:
    Brown and gold silk scarf $2.99. No labels with a name or anything just a tag that says 100% silk. It's beautiful though.
    Floral Scarf from France for $6.99 it has a name on it but it was mass produced and machine stitched. It retails for around $25 I think so not the best deal I have found but it's such a beautiful colourful scarf.
    Mother of Pearl inlay scarf clip for $2.99. it's very cute and keeps scarves in place since it seems like I have picked up a scarf addiction along the way LOL! I went from wanting one nice scarf to having 4 in like a two week span!

If I think of anything else I have picked up I will come post about it
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Wed, Mar 28th, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

VV today they had 50% off all winter stuff:
    -2 med.mens American Eagle long sleeved shirts
    -1med. Men's Am. Eagle sweater
    -1 Columbia snow pants(boys18)
    -Jabob scarf
    -Abercrombie and Fitch men's med. long sleeved
    PLUS
    -Roots purse
    -Volcom men's small t-shirt
    --all for $30 (the one t shirt would have cost me that )

I also went to SA and got 2 tank tops for.99 cents each

All in all not as great as when the kids were small but I am happy and they will wear everything I bought
    ticul likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I like this idea!

I recently went into a vintage second hand store that opened in my town. They had porcelain cabbage patch dolls for $1.00! These sell anywhere from $5 - $70+ on Ebay! Bought every one the lady had! My older sister collects Cabbage Patch Doll paraphernalia, so she was super excited to get all of them! Mint condition, too!

Can we also include garage sale finds in this thread? I love, love, love garage sales! And it's almost that time of the year again here. (I am probably more excited about this then I should be . . . )
    AmberLab, wendyjane, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    I like this idea!

I recently went into a vintage second hand store that opened in my town. They had porcelain cabbage patch dolls for $1.00! These sell anywhere from $5 - $70+ on Ebay! Bought every one the lady had! My older sister collects Cabbage Patch Doll paraphernalia, so she was super excited to get all of them! Mint condition, too!

Can we also include garage sale finds in this thread? I love, love, love garage sales! And it's almost that time of the year again here. (I am probably more excited about this then I should be . . . )
    Yep garage sale/rummage sales/consignment stores basically anything second hand
    bgheuchert likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Okay here are a few of my finds that I could find pictures of.

I am having a really hard time with attachments but first up is a cool wallet I found for I think $5.99. I have no idea what english goat skin even means Do the goats speak english?? LOL!

Second up is a cute basket weave cross body bag I picked up. I'm pretty sure it's vintage since it's made in Canada. It's in perfect shape. I picked it up for I think $5.99 or $6.99
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    AmberLab and mommymonika like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Scarf things are up next!

First is the scarf clip which I love! I didn't even know scarf clips existed and at first I thought it was a pin until I looked at the back, then I thought it might be a money clip but my mom was like no it's a scarf clip!

Second is the unnamed brown and yellow scarf that I love. It has a sheen to it that makes it look like actual gold threads even though it's not.

Third is the Roberto Capucci scarf. I bought it because I loved the cameo prints on it and had no idea it was such an expensive scarf until I got home and looked it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    AmberLab likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh i love second hand stores -just got as pair of sportek workout pants 4.99-brand new -would have cost 19.99 in walmart or zellers for sure-my mom gets puzzles for 1.99 or 2.99 -pieces all are there too -we love donating and buying

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    oh i love second hand stores -just got as pair of sportek workout pants 4.99-brand new -would have cost 19.99 in walmart or zellers for sure-my mom gets puzzles for 1.99 or 2.99 -pieces all are there too -we love donating and buying
    I always try to look for yoga pants to wear around the house and am NEVER successful! I find a lot are already stretched out but I will keep looking because I refuse to pay full price for comfy pants and workout gear. I need to find a few pairs though because all the condos I am looking at have gyms in them and I will be making good use of them!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I get Lululemon tanks for $2.29 at Goodwill
    New mom October 2014!

micahsmom
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Love this thread! It has re-inspired me to hit up my local VV and SA thanks
    Smart Canucks is my fav
    RLF GTG points!!!!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kdahl27

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

One of my best finds at VV was a vintage MLP toy still in package for $5. I was going to give it to my daughter who loves them but I searched ebay first and ended up selling it for $150. I bought her something different to play with. I never seem to find any great clothing deals there.
    ticul likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My best finds ever are
    Authentic Louis Vuitton wallet-3.99
    Authentic Gucci Mans wallet-4.99
    Authentic Gucci Boston Bag-14.99
    Marni top-4.99
    3 Juicy Couture velour suits, 3.98, 7.99, and 9.99
    Prada bag-6.99
    Louis Vuitton wool scarf-2.99
    NWT Anne Klein wool winter coat-12.99
    Authentic Louis Vuitton bag-9.99
    Celine bag-9.99
    Thakoon top-4.99
    A.B.S maxi dress-9.99
    Miu Miu flats-9.99
    YSL vintage kitten heels-6.99
    My wedding dress-4.50
    I take all the bags/wallets I find to the actual designer stores for authentication and if they aren't real I return them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

In NS we have frenchies which brings things from the states and I like them a lot more than VV, no offense. Since I am in Ontario now I give my mom a list of things I need, mostly for my son, and she picks them up. I recently got curtains, a caramel color, swade fabric, lined, that are large enough to cover a patio door- $5. My favorite article for my son is a Carter's reversible spring jacket with a hidden hood in the collar which was only $2-3. My mom picked up a lot of school clothes for my son this fall and she spent around $65, which includes the curtains- which are well worth that alone- similiar curtains at ikea were $80-100. I havent gone to VV here yet but am planning on going to the next 50% off sale.
    AmberLab, ticul, MamaF and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Im mostly in the housewares section, looking for cute china teacups, cups, bowls, crystal stuff. I actually use this stuff, not just collect it. love eclectic dinner setups and nothing matching, but everything being so pretty. Also found cute flower pots, soap holders, ugly prints and paintings that I've picked up because the frame was amazing (frames can be so expensive).
    ticul likes this.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information