User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gagnoncg

Thread: Latest Loblaws coupon policy-fyi

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I got this response from Loblaws today after asking them a few times about their coupon policy. I was specifically asking about their Quebec Maxi stores:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
    Please find the coupon policy attached. In response to your question below, yes the coupon policy also applies to the stores in Quebec,
    Thank you again for your email. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Coupon Policy - June 2011

1.0 Policy
    Coupon zone coupons, LCL flyer coupons, LCL website coupons and President’s Choice Financial® coupons are all gladly accepted according to the terms and conditions printed on the coupon. Manufacturer coupons are accepted for in store purchased items according to the guidelines listed in section 2.0.
    2.0 Guidelines
    2.1 The item being purchased must conform to the product details on the coupon including size, brand, quantity, co-purchased item etc.
    2.2 Only Canadian coupons are accepted.
    2.3 The expiry date must be valid.
    2.4 The coupon must be presented at time of purchase.
    2.5 A coupon cannot be redeemed against the “free” item in any offer where the customer buys more than one item to get one or more item for free (BOGO deals). Eg. Buy one bag of chips, get a second bag of chips free – a single coupon can be applied to the purchase of the two bags.
    2.6 Coupons have no cash value.
    2.7 If the coupon value exceeds the retail value of an item, the coupon value will be reduced to reflect the retail of the item.
    2.8 All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the retail value of the product. Refer to 2.10 to see Free Item guideline.
    2.9 The value of a coupon that offers a product for free will include the amount of any applicable taxes.
    2.10 Home printed coupons from emails or websites are accepted in black/white or colour. Manufacture coupons must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon, expiration date and be completely legible.
    2.11Photocopies are not accepted.
    2.12 Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry.
    2.13 One coupon only per item purchased may be redeemed during each store visit, even if a limit statement is not included on the coupon. Coupon stacking is not allowed.
    2.14 The Store Management reserves the right to restrict individual item purchase quantities to reasonable family limits.

3.0 General Information

3.1 Each coupon will be reviewed to ensure it complies with the details of the section 2.0 Guidelines. We appreciate your patience during this validation process.
    3.2 Customers with excessive amounts of coupons in a single order may be asked to relocate to complete their order as a courtesy to our other Customers.
    3.2 We may change this policy without notice at any time.
    3.3 All coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption.
    3.4 Competitor’s coupons are not accepted.
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Maxi
    Last edited by gagnoncg; Thu, Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

uh 2.10 says nothing about taxes lol

It doesnt look like it has changed from the copy already posted on the forums though
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Too bad my Loblaws still won't accept printables. And check out 3.2! Thanks for posting!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:21 AM.

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

2.13 One coupon only per item purchased may be redeemed during each store visit, even if a limit statement is not included on the coupon. Coupon stacking is not allowed.

Think this might be new, previously they have a line of CZ could be applied with manufacture ones. Don't think that is allowed anymore.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No, it was in the policy, they were just allowing it lol
    3.2 means they move you to the CS desk or open a different cashier if its busy - happened to me once when I had quite a few coupons, the manager opened a cash for me, called over a trainee to watch her so she could learn at the same time

If Loblaws wont accept printables, email them to get a copy sent to your email and put it in your binder and show them when they say no
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    uh 2.10 says nothing about taxes lol

It doesnt look like it has changed from the copy already posted on the forums though
    Yeah, I think she meant 2.9 not 2.10!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OP you might want to remove the email address of the person you contacted. She will get spam bots going after it because it is posted publicly

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The last policy I saw had a statement about how coupons that say "one per purchase" were interpreted by Loblaws as "one per item." That seems to be gone now, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    OP you might want to remove the email address of the person you contacted. She will get spam bots going after it because it is posted publicly
    Will do, good point. Thanks!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gagnoncg View Post
    Yeah, I think she meant 2.9 not 2.10!
    Yes but a mistake like that can void a statement in a policy
    ~ ~ ~

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Would this policy be relevant to ALL of the Loblaw's stores ? ( ie No Frills, RCSS, etc)
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I believe that with nofrills these are individually owned so they can set their own policies in their stores and refuse coupons like printables.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Too bad my Loblaws still won't accept printables. And check out 3.2! Thanks for posting!
    Have you tried calling Head Office to them know that your store is not following the company policy? Might help.

Thread Information