User Tag List

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry for what you are going through right now Gryphon. Hopefully the disagreement will resolve itself in the near future. Families usually work things out eventually and come to terms with their problems. As for not sleeping, I am terrible (or I guess I should say an expert) at not Sleeping, I just get out of bed and play cards on the computer, make myself some Green tea and look out the window and finally will get so tired I have to go to sleep. I have to get up early as well for the Day Care children that come in the morning so sometimes its tough but I manage. Good thoughts going out to you my friend.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Judstir View Post
    Sorry for what you are going through right now Gryphon. Hopefully the disagreement will resolve itself in the near future. Families usually work things out eventually and come to terms with their problems. As for not sleeping, I am terrible (or I guess I should say an expert) at not Sleeping, I just get out of bed and play cards on the computer, make myself some Green tea and look out the window and finally will get so tired I have to go to sleep. I have to get up early as well for the Day Care children that come in the morning so sometimes its tough but I manage. Good thoughts going out to you my friend.
    its sort of resolved now, and we are all calmer.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Christmas is 10 days away, and blah.
    I've been sick since Sunday(Don't eat Big Macs) and it is so dreary out.
    The tree must go up ASAP, although there are differing opinions as to where, and mounds of stuff has to be moved.
    No cards have been sent out yet-my job.
    Christmas dinner in Toronto is becoming even more complex.
    I need to be strong for my BIL, but I need to be strong for me too.
    Please pray for the whole situation.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Depression is not the easiest battle but you can beat it if you just keep pushing through! Find someone to talk to, a good therapist is like gold! Good luck and merry xmas.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i was visiting my grandfather's grave and i found myself wondering if the reason i get depressed this time of year is because it was at this time of year that he died

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

gryphon, that's a totally natural and reasonable reaction - the sadness. Doesn't mean it's depression - it's just being sad.
    I feel the same way around the times of my parents' deaths (both were in early Feb., so that's actually coming up), holidays, birthdays, etc. In time, it does ease a bit, and then the thinking is more memory-based, and not so very heart-wrenching.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    i was visiting my grandfather's grave and i found myself wondering if the reason i get depressed this time of year is because it was at this time of year that he died
    It may be the case, because when you go visit a grave, death is tangible.
    However, it is commendable to visit and remember.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    gryphon, that's a totally natural and reasonable reaction - the sadness. Doesn't mean it's depression - it's just being sad.
    I feel the same way around the times of my parents' deaths (both were in early Feb., so that's actually coming up), holidays, birthdays, etc. In time, it does ease a bit, and then the thinking is more memory-based, and not so very heart-wrenching.
    maybe you are right. i just wish i could deal with it better

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

maybe you are right. i just wish i could deal with it better
    We all wish we could deal with it better, hang in there.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I`m sorry you are going through a difficult time.

This time of year is hard for a lot of people. There is a lot less sunshine & folks are usually cooped up.

I have mixed feelings about this time of year. I was told I had to start dialysis, then 2 weeks later my pet of 16 yrs died. On the other hand, both of my current companions came to live with me in Feb.

Wish there was something I could do to help.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    125 (100%)

I can't say that I have ever had depression. I have had some anxiety which came out of nowhere and the doc said it was from stress I had to face several years ago when... my husband was severely sick with bipolar disorder. He was so bad that they were forced to try ECT (shock treatment) I have to say that ECT was the best thing he could have done. It's not as bad as it sounds. He is also on alot of meds!!! But he is well and that's the good thing.

I notice that the winter is the worst time of year for him. Also any major life changes. Right before he got sick the last time we moved in together, bought a house and a car, I got pregnant with my son, we got married and he got into a minor fender bender. It wasn't any surprise that the day after the fender bender which was 2 days after our wedding he was admitted to the hospital.

It was definitely rough! But with the proper professional help and the wonderful family support we got through it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

im having worse and worse dreams. i wake up and find my lip is covered in dry blood from me biting it very hard in my sleep. they are making it hard ofr me to focus

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

im having worse and worse dreams. i wake up and find my lip is covered in dry blood from me biting it very hard in my sleep. they are making it hard ofr me to focus
    Speaking from personal experience, ask your Dr.for something to help, or if you are already on something, ask for it to be changed.

May you find grace and peace.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

That's no good. You might want to try a teeth guard that people who grind their teeth use. This might help to stop the biting...but definitely talk to your doctor.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ill talk to him when i see him next. if it keeps up though ill call earlier.

in my dream two nights ago, someone in my family was strangling me to death

in my dream last night
    i was trying to jump down a hole leading into hell . i tried three times but was stopped each time, then i collapesd the entrace. ( i also had another dream last night involving me trying to write an mkat and having to write in western canada for some reason. despite myself having no knoweldge of biology and whatnot. it was very confusing. i often have these dreams when i have to rush quickly to another part of a country, or other part of the world)

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information