User Tag List

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

gryphon, hon, you need to be seeing someone for some help... Please do so!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Depression is horrible it can totally consume you I suffered for years and occasionally if I don't pay attention to my feelings it comes back and gives me a reminder. Gryphon please talk to someone about this a dr or someone you trust sometimes just talking about things helps.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    i had a bizzare dream a couple of times in which i repeatedly killed myself in numerous ways and it freaked me out very much. ive been going through some stuff but i have no idea really what caused this. i used to have suicidal thoughts but havent for a couple of years and thought them gone. i guess i have stuff to work through but im not sure what
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Talk to your Doctor ASAP.Also your Rabbi maybe able to offer help or a referral to someone else.
    May you know much grace and peace.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Gryphon. You are receiving some good advise here. You have reached out to us, and now you need to take the next step and talk to your doctor. Really, don't wait. Right now you know something is not right, but I would hate to see you reach a point that you don't realize anything at all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    i had a bizzare dream a couple of times in which i repeatedly killed myself in numerous ways and it freaked me out very much. ive been going through some stuff but i have no idea really what caused this. i used to have suicidal thoughts but havent for a couple of years and thought them gone. i guess i have stuff to work through but im not sure what
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    If it's just in your dreams, I wouldn't worry too much. I've had dreams about murdering people and that is the absolute last thing I would do or want to do in real life. The fact that the dream is freaking you out is probably a sign that you don't want to hurt yourself. However, if those feelings are creeping into your real life, do find someone to talk to about them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ive moved my appointemnt with my psychiatirst up earleir and have made a point to call him. but i had a theory about my dream while talking to someone about it.
    my theory is that my subconcious is trying to tell me that something is wrong and is doing so through the dream which is something that disturbs me so as to act as a wake up call for me rather than being a sign that i wanna hurt myself.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

good to hear that you are making the calls to talk this out with someone

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i was feeling great today and thought i was finally moving past my depression.

then i went on youtube.

i decided to type in jews, to see what came up.

i have never seen so much antisemitism in my life. im not talkign abotu antizionism which people get into debates all the time about how they feel it isnt antisemitic ( though i did see soem anti israel videos which were blatantly antisemetic) but im talking about videos where people said lies about jews, repeated conspiracy theories, and claimed jews run the media and the banks.

then there were videos of interviews from so called "experts" on judaism where the said the most riduclous things.there were videos of people claiming to have been orthodox jews and to have turned away from it yet the things they claimed about judaism were at odds with reality. and the worst part were the comments where people were cheering on antisemitism and saying how there needs to be a second, no wait a "real" holocaust since they dont believe the holocaust ever happened.

i havnt been feeling good since
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

then i went on youtube.

i decided to type in jews, to see what came up.

i have never seen so much antisemitism in my life. im not talkign abotu antizionism which people get into debates all the time about how they feel it isnt antisemitic ( though i did see soem anti israel videos which were blatantly antisemetic) but im talking about videos where people said lies about jews, repeated conspiracy theories, and claimed jews run the media and the banks.

then there were videos of interviews from so called "experts" on judaism where the said the most riduclous things.there were videos of people claiming to have been orthodox jews and to have turned away from it yet the things they claimed about judaism were at odds with reality. and the worst part were the comments where people were cheering on antisemitism and saying how there needs to be a second, no wait a "real" holocaust since they dont believe the holocaust ever happened.

Beware of Youtube and the internet as a whole.
    While innocently looking for something,you never know what you'll find.
    Unfortunately you learned this the hard way,all I can say is remember and reinforce the truth that you know and believe.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah. The internet can be a depressing place. I'm a Christian and I find the same thing happening everywhere (on the internet) with my religion. A news story that has absolutely nothing to do with religion will somehow turn into an anti-religious tirade in the comments section.
    It doesn't mean the whole world thinks that way about Jews though, Gryphon. It's just that there are a lot of really vocal (and I think often mentally ill) people on the internet. My best advice for you is to stick with what you know to be true and don't spend a lot of time in places that can get you down. Are there some good Jewish sites that you know of where you can go and get some encouragement?

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    It doesn't mean the whole world thinks that way about Jews though, Gryphon. It's just that there are a lot of really vocal (and I think often mentally ill) people on the internet. My best advice for you is to stick with what you know to be true and don't spend a lot of time in places that can get you down. Are there some good Jewish sites that you know of where you can go and get some encouragement?
    Exactly the internet attracts all the weirdos, let it roll off your back, if I took to heart everything I read about what people think about my religion I would be a mess.If people want accurate information about any religion then they will do some serious research, if they want to believe lies, let them, their ignorance will show through. There is a big difference between people who just don't know and people who think they know, the people who think they know let their stupidity "shine" through while the ones who really don't know show their intelligence by asking questions
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

then i went on youtube.

I know it's easier said than done, but just ignore the idiots. They`re not worthy of your time.

Remember, people feel free to say things in the anonymity of the internet they would never have gall to say in real life.

People will believe whatever they choose - whether through ignorance or stupidity - & you can do very little about it. The best thing you can do is find peace & strength in your own convictions & let people know the truth by your example.

Just remember, for each of the idiots out there, there are hundreds who are genuine individuals who respect others' beliefs.

I wish you well.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Unfortunately, there will always be people who hate other people - doesn't matter what issue.

When you are stressed or depressed, your reaction to adverse events, news, and even your own emotions can be distorted and/or amplified and therefore cause more psychological distress.

Have you talked to someone - rabbi, mental health professional?

Many times, anxiety and depression can fluctuate wildly...some days you feel okay, other days little things send you into a downwards spiral. If you think this applies to your situation, there are professionals who can help you deal with this and teach you how to regulate your thoughts and mood in an attempt to avoid these wild fluctuations.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Well said Skippy, Jaba, Andit and Bug

I couldn't have said it better myself

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

i am just starting to feel the effects of sad. it is a bit early this year and it has been warm so i am surprised but i know what it is. the fall nfld rain has not helped, i used to joke about it but it isn't funny right now. tomorrow should be better because it hasn't hit full force yet and it won't a couple of months yet.seasonal affective disorder is a real problem. one day i will move to a warmer climate so i won't have to deal with this every year.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information