User Tag List

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Do you use a light box, kaela? I understand that helps a lot.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry Kaela,it happens to me too.
    I find it helps if I keep myself busy,so I don't think about it too much.
    If that doesn't work I try my own personal remedy and go to Timmies.
    Lastly I hope for a better day tomorrow.
    If none of the above works,I go to the Doctor for help.There is no shame in doing so.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My friend also deals with SAD. What works for her is to spend as much time as she can in her kitchen with the fluorescent lights on. She also has a light box, which she uses when she`s doing things in other rooms.

The other thing that helps is having to stick to a routine. She has a dog, who prevents her from changing the routine too much. She finds that helps alot, before he came along, there were days she found it hard to get out of bed.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i think i'm feeling it right now. i wish everything happened in the past few days would start over again. i feel guilty for not handling things as well as i had wished. now they're gone, and i've lost my final chance of redeeming myself.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lately ive been feeling kinda down and ive been using a video on youtube of cats meowing to cheer me up but i just feel so lousy. i just feel like a bunch of &*%$ is happening and nothing will avert the &*%$
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think it must be this time of year...we are all feeling a bit dummpy these days. I usually don't but this year I seem to be having trouble. Shorter days and the dull grey days of fall certainly take a toll on me and the way I feel. Come on Sunshine....

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    lately ive been feeling kinda down and ive been using a video on youtube of cats meowing to cheer me up but i just feel so lousy. i just feel like a bunch of &*%$ is happening and nothing will avert the &*%$
    My Doctor told me the changing of the seasons is a difficult time for some.
    Be assured this too will pass.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Being "kinda down" is quite different from clinical depression. You have to recognize how you're really feeling and if you feel that you're depressed, anxious for no real reason, then you simply must get professional help. Reacting to situations around you that are troubling you is normal....but when it gets paralizing...when it gets to be too much and your daily life is affected by it, then you need help.

I've been on and off anti-depressants much of my life. I suffer from anxiety...the "sky is falling" type of anxiety...nothing is wrong with life...I just feel that something bad is going to happen...it truly is paralyzing...If you need help, see your doctor. You might need meds.

Don't forget that depression can be, and is, in my case, a chemical problem with seratonin up-take (or some such professional mumbo-jumbo)...point is...that it's the same as being a diabetic.If you need help, get it.

Good luck....and btw...getting the right "FIT" with a med might take time...but you'll find what works....Lynn

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Being "kinda down" is quite different from clinical depression. You have to recognize how you're really feeling and if you feel that you're depressed, anxious for no real reason, then you simply must get professional help. Reacting to situations around you that are troubling you is normal....but when it gets paralizing...when it gets to be too much and your daily life is affected by it, then you need help.

I've been on and off anti-depressants much of my life. I suffer from anxiety...the "sky is falling" type of anxiety...nothing is wrong with life...I just feel that something bad is going to happen...it truly is paralyzing...If you need help, see your doctor. You might need meds.

Don't forget that depression can be, and is, in my case, a chemical problem with seratonin up-take (or some such professional mumbo-jumbo)...point is...that it's the same as being a diabetic.If you need help, get it.

Good luck....and btw...getting the right "FIT" with a med might take time...but you'll find what works....Lynn

im actually on some medication already

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have been feeling all sorts of depressed lately. It's weird because my mood swings in hours, like I'll be super down, but then it'll subside a little, but I'm still sad, but not like "bad thoughts" bad, like it would get. It may not help that I listen to some very depressing music when I'm sad. But it is getting to the point where I can't function, I can barely go into my store without wanting to run out screaming.

I was supposed to host the Ottawa Zombie Walk on Sunday, but I was too much of a mess, my bf ended up taking over for me, I was still there, but I just walked in the back, in a daze..hah really fit in with the zombies!

But alas, I'm getting to my wit's end. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. And I know this isn't just feeling "down". I had a really hard time during my senior year of hs, the year after hs (didn't go to uni), then my first year of uni. Just feels like one big black hole.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have depression caused by anxiety. It has ruined my life.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

For those that suffer, treatment should be sought.
    There is no shame in taking medication. If your medication is not working, go back to the Doctor. Sometimes what works for one person doesn't for the other.
    I've been there, and am still there.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I have been feeling all sorts of depressed lately. It's weird because my mood swings in hours, like I'll be super down, but then it'll subside a little, but I'm still sad, but not like "bad thoughts" bad, like it would get. It may not help that I listen to some very depressing music when I'm sad. But it is getting to the point where I can't function, I can barely go into my store without wanting to run out screaming.
    Have you told your Dr?

I have a couple of good friends who are dealing with depression, the first step is to see a Dr.

If your family Dr is not particularly helpful (not all doctors are good with all ailments), go to another Dr.

There's also the Mood Disorders Association (Ottawa chapter), they have some info on their website:

http://www.mooddisordersottawa.ca/

There are some things you can do yourself which will help (at least they've worked for my friends). Get yourself intoa regular routine (it may seem boring, but it really makes a difference). Also exercise helps, as well as having bright lights. My one friend swears by her light box.

Hope this helps. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Fed up with myself being sick, now DW who never gets sick is sick, while DD is on the mend.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my house is a bit tense right now with some stuff thats happened recently and im finding that when i try and sleep all my worries come to me and i just get really sad

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information