User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: RogersPlus Liquidation sale May 25th All stores should be $1.00 pv dvd/blu

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to another member xxkittenxx, we now have news that Rogersplus will be changing their store models and liquidating all their rental stock. Sales starts tommorrow at Yonge/Lawrence(I called to verify), B1G1 free, and the rest of the stores should follow suit on April 16th. I will update you if sooner. Anyways make sure you know the prices before buying. You got one night to look over the prices at other stores. Keep in mind that some games are $10.00 used at Futureshop with the coupon if you can find it. I know some prices already and some games are way over priced. Dvds will be the worst deals of the sale because some older dvds are at $9.99=$5.00 each with discount b1get1 free tommorrow.
    Be very careful with buying over priced stuff, remember Zellers will be liquidating as well and their products are NEW. Almost everything at Rogers will be used, try to check the discs and look for manuals for the games.
    Good luck everyone and please do not hoard. I'll be there tommorrow with my phone.
    Please be nice to the csr's as this will be a frustratingly busy time for them and a little courtesy goes a long way.

Thanks to Boo for helping with my posts.

UPDATE!
    No discounts on phone/accessories.
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus), Future Shop, Zellers
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Fri, May 25th, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
    visit my TWITTER page:http://twitter.com/#!/1dvdswapper

From my family to you. Wishing everyone a Happy/Healthy Holidays and New Year.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just left the location, still a few ps3 games left, lots of 360 games and about 25 Wii games.
    My brother was there at opening, another guy was waiting as well. There was another young lady in glasses that keep coming and going in the store like she was waiting for someone. Then a dad/son came in and a young asian guy who bought 8-10 games and was nice enough to lend my brother his ipad to check and that was it for the first hour according to my brother. The staff was super friendly and tolerated all his questions(which I'm sure he got on their nerves, he gets on mine), as far as he knows that was the only location that had the sale on today. The staff was kind enough to call a few other loactions for him. He kept saying how nice the two guys were that was helping him check everything.

Here's the price breakdowns on dvds/games

Games
    $59.99
    $39.99
    $29.99(most games were this price)
    $19.99
    $9.99(very few games at this price at that location)

Blurays
    $14.99(no blurays over this price at kipling/dixon)
    $9.99

Dvds
    $4.99
    $5.99(most tv sets discs were this price)
    $6.99(older movies and kids movies mostly)
    $9.99(last years titles)
    $14.99(no dvds over this price at kipling/dixon)

Games that he found the price for:
    All ps3/360, no wii
    $59.99
    Soul Calibur 5
    Darkness 2
    FF 13-2
    Kingdom Of Arm:Reconing
    rES Evil:racoon city

$39.99
    ME3

$29.99
    lbp2
    two worlds
    rayman origins
    xmen destiny
    rachet and clank all 4 1
    golden eye
    assissins creed revlations
    god of war origins collection
    dark souls
    portal 2
    spiderman edge of time
    socom 4
    resistance 2
    infamous 2
    skyrim
    space marines
    dead island
    battle field 3
    codmw3
    gt5

He didn't get all the prices as he didn't want to bother the staff too much. No prices on the games/movies still on shelves.
    There was a bunch of 360 newer release, 3 codmw3, never dead, skyrim, gears of war 3,nhk 12,catherine,batman ac.

The problem was that some of the ps3 stuff had no manual/pass. Battlefield 3(ps3) had neither.

So from everything I saw just now and from what my brother told me this morning there was/still is some good deals on used games/blurays.
    Considering that some blurays were $9.99 that's $5.00 each which isn;t bad and some movies were either $4.99/$6.99 and that's a pretty decent price for used dvds if they were in good condition.

If you're not a gamer or bluray fan then you haven't missed much yet but if you are then there's some good deals there. Considering that some of the used games in the $29.99 are going for $19.99-$44.99 at FS/EB/BESTBUY, getting them for $15.00 each is worth it. Sure the games will come down eventually but if you don't want to wait and need it as a present or to play/trade then this is the time to buy. I can't see games like codmw3/bATTLEFIELD 3/batman:ac going down in price to $15.00 used anytime soon.
    Pictures will be uploaded later as I have to resize them and clear out the blurry ones.
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Mon, Apr 9th, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

b1g2 free at kipling/dixon.
    call to confirm

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks for the information

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just called back and the csr said that no blurays/dvds over $14.99, huge difference compared to the location at Lawrence/Yonge.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks very much! I will head over on Wednesday to check it out
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Somebody just posted in another forum that Vic park/ellesmere is b1g2 on games, just called and verified.

Going in right now, there's a bunch of customers buying lots of movies/blurays, games only have 2 shelving units, not much wii titles, some older ps3 titles(ma2,lbp2), some new games that are not returned yet(Resevil:raccon,soul calibur 5), BAttlefield 3, never dead, ufc 3. About 22 games.
    More stuff for 360 but looks like most games not returned yet according to csr. Some stuff hanging from the side of the shelves.
    About 30 games. Lots of dvds and blurays left, some new release too at $14.99. b1g2 on candy as well although I don't see much left.
    Looks like I'm buying movies at this location. LOL, a bunch of guys with backpacks are walking around the store I know who you are.
    Stop looking at the page
    members fir sure, but nobodies posting?

Be careful to there's lots of construction at the north west side at Dixon/kipling.

Called Vic Park and it's b1g1 on library blurays, b1g2 dvds/used games.

update!
    more info
    Edinburgh rd. Guelph is b1g2
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Mon, Apr 9th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finally finished cashing out. Bought 9 blurays for $33.xx(taxes included) and 3 newer release dvds for $11.xx(taxes included)
    A bunch of games without manuals/codes, some guy was super pissed that none of the games he picked had manuals. Tossed the games at the floor in the games section. Shameful.

Updated!
    Here's the pictures my brother took this morning at Yonge/lawrence.
    Just to give you some idea of what games were at there this morning.

Last edited by dvdswapper; Mon, Apr 9th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

b1g3 free in Aurora location near Yonge st

Most Rogersplus rental locations in Canada will start liquidating their stock by the 16th. Which is this MONDAY. There's no need to keep asking as this has been posted many times already.

These stores are confirmed to be liquidating their stock on MONDAY APRIL 16TH.

333 bloor st e
    8 wellesley st e
    730 danfortn ave
    1971 yonge st(davisville)
    2120 queen st e
    3015 bloor st w
    808 york mills
    6758 kingston rd unti 12
    2400 eglinton w(call on Monday to verify)
    2490 gerrard st e
    1530 albion rd(albion mall)
    60 Bristol Road East, Sandal Wood Mall
    920 South Down rd, miss(waiting for the ok to start sale, could happen at anytime?)

No rental stock at 4141 Dixie rd, Miss, Ontario according to csr.

Will call more locations after work.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hmmm, Front Street East not included on this list. Thanks for posting the pictures and all your other work. Annoying how that dude had a tantrum in the store. Three for one and you complain that there's no manual? Games are pretty self explanatory
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    dvdswapper likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I called around the other day but couldn't reach anyone at Front st location that day. I've been busy with the kids all weekend so I didn't have the time to keep trying them. Traffic was crazy this weekend as well. Some people have no respect and his behaviour was terrible. The ironic thing was that he's a regular trader at the Eb games at Bloor/Spadina, I've seen him trading games there last summer many times. I guess he was upset he couldn't hoard,lol.

Tommorrow ALL ROGERSPLUS rental store should be liquidating their stock. Most will have B1G1 on all items excluding new(unopened) movies which should be 30% off. Some stores might be b1g2 free but we won't know until tommorrow. Make sure to ask for manuals and codes for games when buying as Rogersplus does hold onto those codes and don't give them out for rentals.

Hopefully more people will help out with what stores have which discounts. Don't listen to what crs's say most have no idea what discount other stores are giving. ROGERSPLUS is not closing down they are just getting rid of their rental stock and switching to another business model. You'll still have to return items and I've been told that those that don't will have Rogers go after them for the items.

Please be nice to csr's as I'm sure tommorrow will be a hectic day. There's some great discounts on stuff to be found you'll have to do your homework tonight before buying tommorrow. The prices can vary depending on store(as was seen during the first day) but most dvd/bluray will go for $19.99 and under. Games can go from $59.99(newer releases) down to $9.99.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am going to try to get to one tomorrow and will report back my findings if I do

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lots of stores were packed yesterday and games have been flying off the shelves leaing some stores with very little. At this rate there won't be anything left for b1g2,lol.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i was in courtice and they started their sale last week (!!!) so the store was picked clean pretty much of games and only a couple rows of dvd/blu-ray left....on a positive note its b1g2 and i managed to be nice enough to get MI3 for 20$ BR (they werent supposed to mark them down b/c they were brand new) and picked up some new monkey documentary BR and girl with teh dragon tatoo on dvd free....then went to whitby and picked up new ratchet and clank for ps3 and x-men destiny for xbox for my brother for 30$...lots of movie there...few games...thanks for the heads up...ours (peterborough) has been closed since the first round last year and it sucks...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This is going to kill FS and BB ..games and movie section.

with the recent Blockbuster liquidation , now this Rogers Plus liquidation and very soon the Zelllers liquidation ..guess what most people will already be loaded up, so won't go to FS or BB to buy anything..lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information