Store: Beacon Heights Safeway
Address: 20, 1818 Centre Street NE T2E 2S6

Customers are greeted with fresh produce, which I really like. Immediately when you enter the Safeway, you have a full view of the produce section and what is on sale there, such as Gala Apples that may be on sale, or any particular produce that was featured on the front page of the flyer. It is not surprisingly busy either, and can be a good place if you like take your time to browse through the isles and see what is on sale without having to worry about the lineups being too full later on. This is a plus about the store.

The stock is adequate, and sales items have plenty of stock. This is great, because as compared to other Grocery stores that I have gone to, you don't have to worry about not getting anything that is on sale if you go there later in the afternoon or in the evening. Isles are also always clean of clutter and the presentation of this store is quite nice. Clean and simple, and items are not scattered around. In fact, I've noticed associates putting back stock items to where they should belong. In addition, the layout of the store is easy to navigate, and you can view all isles from one glimpse. And the bakery section is at the very last isle of the store.

In terms of a variety of products, I have found that they do have a good selection of organic products, but not a direct isle or area specifically for organic products as other Safeways have. So, in comparison to others, it does lack Organic products, but it is sufficient if you are not looking to get a lot. These products are thus, situated in beside the everyday items on the shelves. (i.e: Organic syrups is beside all the regular syrups). On the lower hand corner of their price tags, they also have a small comparison amount in which you can easily compare the 100g of one product to another. It is similar to what other stores, like Costco has, which is a plus.

Time in line goes by fast, and in fact, you rarely have to wait for more than five minutes to have your items checked out, regardless of what time of the day it is. Efficient and friendly staff, and they also make sure to ask if you have your airmiles rewards card and well as your Safeway card. And if you did happen to forget your card, they are knowledgeable to enter your telephone number. I had some stores not aware of this, and it was little frustrating, so I thought it best to point this out that they do have good customer service.

Bulk items are up to date, in that, you do not have to make contact with the bulk items, and instead place you bag under an opening and pull a lever. I find this the best when purchasing bulk items. As well, they do have a wide vareity of bulk products available near the produce section.

In addition, if you scout around, they sometimes have hidden sales where they need to get the product off the shelf right away. They are marked as "Quick Sale" items, and it may be due to the expiry date, discountined product line or what be it. They are not heavy advertised, so you have to look amongst the shelves and see the price. But really, it is sufficient for you to see once you are about a few footsteps away from the product on the shelf.

Overall, this store is clean and well kept. The products are always on the shelf, and there is always adequate stock to choose from - including sale items! This is an added bonus, because you really don't want to have to worry about the sale items being down to its toll when you get there in the late afternoon or evening. Basically, this place is great for a no rush shopping experience. The frozen isle is filled with a variety of products, but it does lack vegetarian and vegan options as well as gluten-free products. But it does carry some organic products on shelves. I think the reason for this, is that the target market in this segment is not necessarily keen on organic products as opposed to the other neighbourhood grocery stores that I have been to.