User Tag List

Thread: Costco Deals

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

There were a couple of items at Costco this week that I thought were fairly good.

One was a pack of three Coppertone sunscreen spray for $15. For us we need one for home and one for daycare at least, plus my DH burns easily and uses a lot. These cans are definitely more than $5 each in other stores.

Also, packs of 100 Tampax (regular or super) with a bonus of five Pearl were $12.79. Possibly not as good a deal as you'd get with coupons, but I find that for regular Tampax (not Pearl) there's not a lot of coupons out there. I must admit, I HATE the Pearl ones, they just don't work well for me. SDM has packs of 20 Tampax for $2.99, if you had $1 coupons that would be a better deal. But I don't.

We also bought a Roots backpack there today for $20. I bought two cheap backpacks recently for DS at Bentley. The first one the zipper went within a month, the second one, one of the straps and one of the zippers on a pocket failed about two weeks after he started using it. I should have brought them back, but DH had thrown them out. Anyhow, the Roots bags seem MUCH sturdier.

Six year olds are hard on backpacks, so it's not only that the bags were cheap, he dragged them around, etc. I've warned him that if this one gets abused and worn out this quickly, he'll be bringing a plastic bag to school with his belongings.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bentley, Costco, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Roots

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i agree about the backpacks.. we bought our sons a Swiss army BP 4 years ago from their.. we paid $45 each.. they are still using them.. after 4 years of hard use in highschool.. and these BP had a 3 year warranty.. thankfully we never needed to use them..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Agreed on the backpack. My DS has a Roots one that has lasted for 2 yrs now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

We have bought severasl Roots backpacks from costco. My only complaint it that the bottom of the bag breaks down fast (posbably becuase the kids put it on the ground in the winter and the plastic material cracks). However they do well for the beating they take! On a positive note, they do come with a great warranty. I had one bag (2 yrs old) with a broken zipper. It was fixed and covered by warranty

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Forgot to mention the dish soap. A five litre Palmolive was $6.79.

Thanks for the backpack info. Even the cheapo ones at Walmart were $20+, I'm thinking that Roots bags will be better. I can already see the zipper is better quality.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by aoffman View Post
    Agreed on the backpack. My DS has a Roots one that has lasted for 2 yrs now.
    How do you go about getting the warranty enforced?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by goldensm View Post
    How do you go about getting the warranty enforced?
    At Costco, all you do is bring it back, with or without a receipt. They will return or replace.

Thread Information