User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pippinelkhound
  • 1 Post By Melatomica
  • 1 Post By Orual

Thread: review on Cora - clareview location

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

So my hubby and I went out for breakfast at Cora today around 8am. We had to wait to be seated and the place was not even busy and we were the only ones at the front door. Finally someone came and sat us all the way in the back which was very odd when it's not even full at the front.

Then the waitress came and took our orders. Then more waiting. We finally got our food. I had the soft cooked egg benny with mushroom, onion and cheese on the potato. My hubby had the crepe with ham and cheddar.

Well, they got the cheese wrong it was supposed to be cheddar and we told the waitress who checked the menu and agreed but we didn't wait to wait for them to fix another one. My fruits were cut half-ass but my hubby's were nice.

I didn't like the potato. I think they boiled potato wedges ahead of time then reheat them on the flat top to crisp them up. Not sure but it's not your usual roast potato. The waitress never came by and ask us if we want refill on our drinks.

We waited again for the waitress to come and bring us our bill. Then she told us to pay at the front. Ok, we went to the front and waited and waited and no one came. Finally we had to find different waitress down and ask if we can pay.

They charge $1.25 for onion, $1.55 for mushroom and $2.35 for cheddar cheese on my potato. Just crazy!!!

Well, we will never go there again. I'd rather go to Denny's. If you want good breakfast then go to Haps.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Purdee; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Thanks for the review, we were debating if it's a place we want to check out with the 3 kids.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have been eating at Cora's for months and they are fabulous we usually eat at the one in sherwood park and have not had any problems there at all although we have eaten at the one on 137th and 123rd ish and we have had terrible service there. Where is Haps?

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hailey'smommy View Post
    I have been eating at Cora's for months and they are fabulous we usually eat at the one in sherwood park and have not had any problems there at all although we have eaten at the one on 137th and 123rd ish and we have had terrible service there. Where is Haps?
    Hap's is on 16060 Stony Plain Rd

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've been to the west end location near the Canadian Tire. It was busy, but still good service.
    You have to keep in mind that these are franchises, which can greatly affect how well the individual location is run.

I didn't care too much for the food itself; not that it was bad, but everything had waaaaay too much fruit.
    I like more eggs & bacon kind of dishes, so I do prefer Hap's, Denny's or even Albert's for menu selection.
    My favorite breed is RESCUED!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My husband loves Cora in Sherwood Park too. We live right around the corner from the one in Clareview, but we haven't been yet. Thanks for the heads up. We will probably continue going to the one in Sherwood Park.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We love Haps as well. Didn't really care for the food at Cora's, especially the cinnamon bun french toast.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I used to live a few blocks away from Haps, now I'm in the Park, I miss it a lot.
    Every time I've ate at the Cora's in the Park I've gotten sick - so I no longer go. Plus the wait time/front entrance are ridiculous.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I love cora. Been eating their for about 2yrs now. I love the amount of fresh fruit! Went to the new Claireview location saturday. They messed up the dish i had. I don't mind the wait, waiting at a table, or waiting at the door...whatever.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My biggest issue with them is the lack of refills on the coffee. It's like you have to beg for a refill. I've actually gone, got the pot, poured my own and then served surrounding tables, and put the pot back and never had the servers notice.
    mrsfreeman likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, first post and it's so pro-Cora! I'm not saying the food is bad but the service on 137th can and is very iffy. And I have poured coffee and my tea drinking breakfast bud has had to request hot water for a top up because it isn't offered.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastEater View Post
    I am an avid Cora breakfast eater on weekends and given they have only been open a month I'm happy with the service. I've already seen an improvement from Easter when I first went. Also with the amount of servers, hosts and the manager around all the time I still doubt someone poured their own coffee and surrounding tables. if I saw a fellow customer grab the pot herself I would of mentioned it to the boss. I've even seen him go around with the pot when everyone is busy.
    I was a server when I was young and some people will never be satisfied. Sometimes people need to take things with a grain of salt and look at the glass half full.
    You are flat out calling me a liar. I do believe that you are violation of terms of service.

The "fellow customers" that I served were glad to get a refill after being virtually abandoned in the section we were sitting in. Never saw a manager to report me to.

I usually tip 20%, you'll find most of mature people do tip reasonably well when offered things like refills.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The post is gone now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Cora employee or owner.
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    My favorite breed is RESCUED!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Nice Trolling....
    Thank you for the review, we usually go to ikea for breakfast, it may not be amazing, but the price is unbeatable. I have always wondered what cora's menu is like, and now I really want to check out haps.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

My mom likes the one in the Park but she has never gone to any of the others. On the rare occasion we go out for breakfast it is always IHOP. It is worth the wait, we go shopping while we wait.

Thread Information