User Tag List

Page 99 of 113 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Well I made an app't for Thursday. It only takes 3 treatment and you are done! My sisters friend did and she has zero pain!! It is worth a shot??? $80 for an hour treatment not covered...but I spend that on not covered drugs in a month!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

If it won't break the bank, then give it a try. Looks kind of fishy to me, but then you've tried most everything conventional. Nothing wrong with some unconventional treatment. Have you tried yoga? It helps me relax and move better, but doesn't reduce pain. I've also heard meditation classes can help pain, but haven't tried them.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I tried yoga..but so much of it is with your head down!! So it feel like blood it coming out my eye balls and I feel like I am going to barf! I need to find a good meditation class..I went to one and did not like it. My shrink taught me some breathing techniques. But really need a good course to go to for a few weeks?? Anyone know of any??
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

There's a buddist temple around the corner from my place. They constantly advertise free meditation classes. Maybe a bit far of a commute for you, but is there one in your area?
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I googled again today..and could not find anything
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

There's lots online with videos. Google Buddhist meditation technique video.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Soooooo happy for you!!!^^^^ Do u have any side effects from it? What is your dose? I ask because I was on it 2yrs and they just kept upping the dose
    I started out last week with 300mg at night and was told to up the dose as long as I didn't have any side effects. I was able to take 600mg the second night and then add an additional 300mg a few days later in the morning. So far that seems to work for me! I see the Dr again in a few weeks, to talk about the dosage and what works for me. I guess we'll see what happens then. Good luck with the bowen therapy, I've heard of it. The naturopath that I used to go to for accupunture also offered bowen therapy, I didn't try it though. Even if it helps you a bit, you've accomplished something! That's the way I look at things . I'm going to try to send you a PM with a link in it about breathing and relaxation not sure if it will work!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Savings mom. did you get that from a pain clinic? So far my family dr has pretty much just recommended narcotics, and a very expensive non steroidal injection with a 10% chance of working which is too small and too expensive for me to waste my money on it. The only things that have worked for me so far are warmth when it's cold, cold when it swells, and not moving when my knee tells me it's had enough lol I got referred to a pain clinic in like.. January? I heard it takes a long time before you actually can get into see someone :S They did an xray after my surgery noticing it hasn't gotten better, they couldn't find anything on the xray, but I was laying on the table, my knee was bent, lady came up and straightened it and I was just screaming from it! the way I was laying, it pushed my knee cap way up to a spot it had no business being, I couldn't move for days just from that, it was horrific, just from an xray! Apparently they were supposed to do one of me standing, because when I stand it's most noticeable when it goes way out of place, but the tech girl didn't do that :S Every medical professional I have seen so far has done nothing to actually improve anything.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

oh no Pinklincoln that must have been horrible! x-rays aren't supposed to be painfull like that . I got the gabapentin from my family Dr. When I went to see a pain clinic Dr. in Scarborough in May of last year he reccomended Lyrica for my pain. I tried it and had a reaction and was unable to take it. I've been taking Topamax (for the occipital headaches), Cymbalta for pain, (and I suppose I might have been just a teeny bit depressed from all the pain too ) I take Betahistine (serc) for chronic dizziness from all of the injuries and instabilities in my neck. Lately it hasn't been enough, so I did a little research online and asked the Dr. about trying gabapentin. Gabapentin is similar to Lyrica, but not quite the same drug. Both work for nerve pain and chronic type pain, both were originally manufacturered for seizure control but the Dr said Lyrica only comes in one dosage strength, Gabapentin comes in many so you can adjust the dosage to what your body is able to tolerate. Side effects that I've noticed: When I take the 600mg dosage in the evening, I'm dozy and tired, but I don't consider that a bad thing since most of the last 4 years I've struggled to sleep because of the pain! I'm finally able to sleep through the night again . I find that this med tends to give me a bit of energy with the 300mg dose in the A.M. I function much better in the mornings than I used to. It doesn't take me 3+ hours to get moving now. I just hope that the med continues to work for me in this way. I know with the cymbalta everything was great in the beginning I took 30 mg 2x a day and felt pretty good. That worked for probably 6-8 months then I had to take it 3x a day and now I still take it 3x a day and it seems to do very little for my pain.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

My body's not happy with all the physical activity from yesterday (hauling books off shelves, climbing up & down step-stools). These are the days I wish I had sent Lily dog to massage therapy school. Maybe I can get Quincy cat to lie on the achy spot on my shoulder & purr - he's got to be just as good as heat therapy, right?

Hope everyone has a pain-free (well, as close to as possible) day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

A purring heating pad...great idea!
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

I totally understand where you are at today Andit, one of those days after the day that you felt good and did a little too much! I hope you are feeling better soon It's so not fair that our bodies decieve us this way!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

So true!
    $$avingmom likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Indeed. I pushed myself the other day when I had family visit, I could hardly move by the end of the trip, being chilly it was like every time I got out of the car I was being stabbed. However I found the warm weather today really helped me, aside from my cold I was actually able to stand a bit and do some dishes, DH was shocked lol. Now if this silly cold would go away, I could actually enjoy these warm days!

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Ahh, yes the warm days do me a world of good too! Maybe we should all move to some place where it is always sunny warm and dry I can dream can't I??? It seems pretty amazing to me, the effect that the weather can have on our broken bodies! The weather is what seems to have the greatest effect on me. I can predict rain coming 12-24 hrs before it happens, my muscles start to tighten up and my right arm, both hands, legs, neck, head and back often ache. I guess we'd all probably make great weather forcasters. My husband will say "but the weather man says it's not supposed to rain". I just look at him and say "Am I ever wrong?" .

Page 99 of 113 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information