User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dollarama Canada Reviews and Item Lists (in-store)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but recently I saw Nivea lip balm, JUMBO lip smackers, and cake mix.
    krysta lynne likes this.
    Join SwagBucks! You actually get free stuff for basically doing nothing!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mazin

Cheap books: http://www.bookmob.ca/track/CC030293 Register & get 5% off!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The other day I got fraser farm can meat balls and gravy for $1, Primo Hearty Chicken Soup for $1.25, Cake mix for $1.50, Heinz tomato soup for $0.50, and I saw Chef Boyardee for $1, but I had just stocked up on that at Walmart for $1.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Dollarama. I go there all the time for craft supplies... I don't have to worry about my kids 'wasting' them as they are only $1. I also get file organizers and boxes there to organize my scrapbooking stickers and the like. We recently bought a soup scoop since the $5 one we had broke. I love the seasonal aisle... so much decorative stuff for whatever season (right now, Valentine's... YAY). They have heart shaped cake pans for $2! I bought mine years ago for $10 and it's exactly the same one! No joke! I love their notepads for journaling (they have a hard cover, and an elastic to pull around it to keep it closed... so perfect for $2 and I use them all the time). Books and coloring books for the kids... recently found mickey mouse there for my son who LOVED it, and my daughter loves her new My Little Pony books from there... from the newer show, too! For $1!! Playdough dries out, but for $1, who cares if they mix the colors and it gets dry and crumbly? That's what play dough does! I also recently got some air dry sculpting clay there. It works beautifully! I've only ever worked with sculpey which is pricey if doing larger projects, and this was perfect for $1.25. I also bought an iiphone4 case there. It is just for the back and sides (which is really all that needs covering) for $1. My husband has an otterbox one for when he is in the barn, but after awhile they begin to take on the odours of work... as does anything... and he wants a less pricey one for away from home. So we got this one. I really want to try decorating it with paints and stuff to make it more personalized to my husband, and I can experiment like that with a $1 case! Hooray for cheap!

LOVE the wall decals (although mine keep peeling away from the walls where they were in a permanent bend in the packing... otherwise great, simple to put on, etc). The little boxes and containers are so cute, and cheap. they have some plastic 'drawer' type things there for $1. They are clear and for organizing in your drawers. I found some earlier at a Home Sense for $5 each. They currently have those fabric cube drawers for $2 that are on sale right now at Canadian Tire for $7... exactly the same ones, too. Be careful though. I bought 12 inch ones, and later went back for more and could only find 11inch ones. I love them! Oh, and stickers! Don't forget stickers! All the lovely Disney stickers and decals down those aisles! My kids LOVE them, and they don't cost us a fortune!

I think the only things I wouldn't buy there would be a lot of the food items. I love my Presidents Choice brand too much anyway, haha. I also haven't bought much in the way of toothpaste, soap and such as I have sensitive skin and we usually only buy our toothpaste when on sale in the stores anyway, which comes out to about the same price as there, if not less. The pregnancy tests work well though... I've used 3 and all were correct (positive and negative, btw... I've used them over the course of a few years... too cheap to buy the other ones). We recently saw condoms, and I'm not too sure about those. I'm thinking of trying the ovulation calculator tests though... just for kicks.

Anything else? I guess I just love the store for so many reasons. As usual, buyer beware, though.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I once bought Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen for only $2 reg. $10.99 at drugstores.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Myself and some other people who are supporting a new non-profit group have been buying large quantities of the pillowcases at various Dollarama's.

The quality of the pillowcases is really variable, so it is best to take the time to remove them from packaging to examine throughly. ( and return it properly to the package)

It works out to 2 pillowcases for $2, which if you are careful, can give you two completed sundresses.

Here is information about the non- profit group for which I sew pillowcases into sundresses.
    http://sewgorgeous.org/
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the only place I know of selling nacho flavoured Bugles. I know other places like FreshCo sell Bugles but it's just the regular.

Anyways, I always pick up the $1 hockey card sets. It has 15 cards for $1...unfortuantely all the cards are usually worthless but if you're just collecting for yourself then that's good quantity for a dollar. I wish they sold the hockey card holdes (the three ring sheets that are the size of a page, fit in a binder, and hold 9 cards per sheet). I only know of one other dollar store in Mississauga that sells those.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw Kleenex 10 single packs pack $2.00 and Franco American Spaghetti O's $1.00
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 03:20 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Campbell's chunky soup chicken noodle and beef 284mL $1.00 and Realemon $0.50.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 03:20 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jiffy pots peat pots 2" $1.00,Hawaiian Punch singles $1.00,Kool Pops $2.00 has $1.00 refund form,Kelloggs corn flakes,Captain Crunch cocoa cereal and Softsoap refill $2.00.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

The other day I saw an elephant statue that was new in the retail box. It was an expensive collectible made by Russ Too bad it was something about being over the hill. I really wanted it but it didn't fit my decor LOL. It was the only one on the shelf and I was surprised to find it at the Dollarama for $2.00.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

bought a broom base and broom handle (displayed together). turns out the handle is not for the broom bases beside it. went back to trade handle and was told of the NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGE policy. normally would not have a problems with one dollar purchases but felt i was duped. was told it would screw up inventory, so i screwed it up by leaving my paid purchase with cashier and declaring it was the last 7 dollars i would spend there. Too bad i did not put them together before buying but i wanted to make sure i paid for both items. my fault but as they have no lee-way neither do i. think i will find out what other stores connected to the owners and avoid them as well.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just picked up some great kid's toques and mitts for $2 - such a good deal!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My favorite bargain store.
    They even now have big brands if kids toys such as Littlest Pet shop, BeyBlades and so on for $2, $3. Great deal!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Purina beggin strips for $1.50 and dente stix for $1.25
    Normally both sell for $2 or $3 at other retail stores.
    I also buy the HUGE refill container of Softsoap hand soap for $ 2.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information