User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: who is taking all the tear pads??????

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmorDeRosa View Post
    This happens in my area as well (Hamilton), very hard to find new coupons because the pads are empty or completely missing. I believe people saw the show extreme couponers and just grab as many as they can to be an "extreme couponer" as well. Which in reality I bet the majority of those coupons are going in the garbage because the person cannot use them all within the expiring date, and it sucks for us because we couldn't get them. I think people who know about couponing, know better and take the amount they can use (a couple, leaving some for other couponers) not some newbies who can get selfish and take them all to try to get AMERICAN savings they see on TV which will not likely happen (totally not dissing newbies because some newbies educate themselves and know what they are doing )
    I am in Stoney Creek and it happens here too. I go to some places on the mountain and they are empty. I know of one older women who does it cause I caught her when I worked for Walmart. This woman had piles and piles. More than I could ever have or need.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    Most newbies like myself rarely know where to find tear pads; unless we read it on this site. I am willing to bet its not newbies. If you go look on ebay there is like 30+ pages of tearpad/insert coupons for sale; and as well a lot of people on this site trade multiples+ for coupons and some gift cards/stamps, etc. As a newbie I would love for just one time to go to a store and find a good coupon, there is never any in my area, the tear pads are always empty. It is so disappointing.

No disrespect to you or not trying to be rude but it isn't very hard to figure out where coupons are you hit all the grocery stores like Metro, Food Basic's Shoppers ect and go up and down the aisles I think centering on people who been on here for a while isn't a fair assumption As Anne said in the Hamilton thread these people who are taking whole pads don't even realize they will never be able to use/trade them in time and sadly probally will be tossed.
    annedougherty likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am having a problem finding tear pads in my area as well lately to??? I think it might be because I am always usually the last to know about good tear pads LOL. But when I find out about a great one that is in one of my local stores I go running for it and it is gone.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    no one takes all the tear pads where I live. I can go to the store take a couple coupons off a tear pad..and there is ALWAYS lots around, and then go back to the store a week or so later and there will STILL be coupons on that pad!!!
    and not just one store! all the stores! I can think of 4 right now that are all walking distance from my house that I can go and I know those coupons will be there...its nice I dont have to fight with greedy people for coupons!!
    Come live in Quebec where everyone shops once a week, don't use coupons, and pay full price.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you are always finding tearpads empty, you should go on weekdays or early on Saturday to find coupons before they get picked clean
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I think one of the reason as well is that there are a whole lot more people "couponing" these days comparing to lets say last year. Especially with the prices getting more expensive. Just a thought
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I was in SW with a dd on Monday, early in the morning. Was talking with the cashier when we were leaving so this is how I found out when the rep was there. The store opened at 8am, rep there at 8am putting up the new coupons. DD and I were there about 10 or 10:15am There were 7 new coupon pads put out. Of those 7, most were totally empty including the Bick pickles, the Bicks relish, the Funcheese and the Nexus ????? I find it very, very, very sad that some people are PIGS, for lack of a better word. They have absolutely no manners, or could care less if anyone else even gets a coupon. They worry about themselves and what they can get (trade, swap or sell) for the new coupons they have. It is very sad to say that the person who took all these coupons is here on SC. The cashier chats with this person all the time and saw her collection of tear pads, but never really thought much about it till I mentioned it! I asked the cashier how she new this person was on SC and she told me she is a member too and they were chatting one day. She said she was going to speak to the manager after I advised that almost all the pads were gone, entirely, both sides. She was shocked.

This SW is great, and I never have any trouble when I go there, even if it is just for coupons and I don't actually purchase anything that day (which is not to often), but the cashier said her supervisor was chating just the other day about seeing people come in and demolish the hangers that coupons hang on. She actually called these people animals! What ever happend to manners, sharing and caring and taking only what we will use and maybe 1 or 2 extra to trade if we do trading, I'm saddened by the behaviour of people. Especially someone who is a member of SC. We know better than to act like this, it's just plain discusting if you ask me. THIS IS MY OPINION, so if you don't agree, thats fine, but don't jump all over me, remember, it's the RANT section Ok, rant over.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I see that there are a few Hamilton people on here so I thought I'd add my two cents. I don't drive, until last week I worked full time and I have 3 kids in various activities so I rarely had time to coupon hunt. But this week being newly unemployed I decided to go on a hunt. 5 buses and 3.5 hours to go to 6 stores and I have a few head & shoulders and degree coupons to show for my time. Luckily I've managed to do a few trades for some of the others I wanted but if it wasn't for trades and my sil I would have to give up this coupon thing.
    Would love a referral on swag bucks!!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/peebee1974

Join me on Superpoints http://superpointscom/refer/jaysmom3

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I once saw a lady buying a cartload of Dove Body Wash at WM. She handed the cashier a thick wad of coupons. It was like watching the cashier at a bank count out hundreds. Crazy... She also got her change back (in coupons) and she added them back to the rest of her stash. That had to have been more than one tearpad!!

I blame "coupon queen" Jacqueline in Episode 56 on Till Debt Do Us Part on slice.ca. She said she takes half the tearpad and looks for teenage cashiers who may not look at the expiry dates. Just kidding of course, but she must have an evil tearpad twin in every town.
    MiaowTheCat likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)

I can almost never ever find food coupons, which is super frustrating. But things like Advil or Tylenol, they stay there for months. I've had to do trades for food coupons most of the time!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm (kinda) new to all this. I always look for the tearpads when I am shopping, and have found them ONCE. One time at SDM I found dove body wash and nordica sour cream. That is it. In 9 months. And I am assuming that I was lucky that time. They are all on Ebay.

CaNewbie bringingcountry2thecity's Avatar
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Agreed, it's pretty frustrating that I went to two different SDMs in Ottawa yesterday and neither of them even had 1 coupon remaining for nexxus, tresemme & so on. Particularly because it seems those are the types of coupons that are needed if you want to get ahold of any good food coupons in a trade (which is what i really need).
    Check out my WISH LIST under 'About Me' at http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members...untry2thecity/.Thanks!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peebee74 View Post
    I see that there are a few Hamilton people on here so I thought I'd add my two cents. I don't drive, until last week I worked full time and I have 3 kids in various activities so I rarely had time to coupon hunt. But this week being newly unemployed I decided to go on a hunt. 5 buses and 3.5 hours to go to 6 stores and I have a few head & shoulders and degree coupons to show for my time. Luckily I've managed to do a few trades for some of the others I wanted but if it wasn't for trades and my sil I would have to give up this coupon thing.
    I am on the border of Stoney Creek/Hamilton and I don't drive and have to walk everywhere and I know someone is taking them all and selling them on Ebay. I went to SDM once all tear pads full and I took a few coupons cause I used them and the next day all gone and up on Ebay. pisses me off.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

The only way to stop people selling coupons online is to not buy them. Its a supply/demand issue that works well in their favor. No supply for the public on the shelves and high demand gives those who take them leverage to make $. If they weren't making money they wouldn't bother.
    The $3 Nexxus will always disappear since it doesn't exclude trial size so people will buy a ridiculous amount at Walmart for the overage.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am also appalled by people's greediness. I absolutely HATE it when people post where the new tearpads are, because inevitably by the time I get around to going to the store they are all gone.

I completely agree with tigger - we must stop trading with people that have huge amounts of these new tearpads, AND (even though I can't believe people pay money for coupons) people have to stop purchasing them off of e-bay. That just encourages people to continue making money off of coupons that should have been (at least somewhat) fairly distributed between ALL store customers.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information