User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

My DH sent swagbucks a question a couple of days ago, as he wanted to order amazon cards and it asked for his cell phone. He only has a business phone and refuses to give it out...so...I told him, put in my number. I didn't think this would matter since I have NEVER given them my cell phone number, but apparently they have it recorded under someone elses account!!!!!
    They have since deactivated his account!!! I am so raging mad. He has worked so hard to get the points that he had and now they are gone!!!

This is the e-mail from Swagbucks.

After re-reviewing your account, it has been determined that you were deactivated because you are operating or sharing multiple accounts. This action violates our terms and conditions.

To continue to provide all our members with great services and prizes, we only allow one account per person without sharing to protect our Swagbucks Community and Swagbucks.com itself from cheaters and potential fraud activity.

You can review our FAQ to see more such policies:

http://www.swagbucks.com/g/faq

We apologize for any misunderstanding. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

**Please keep in mind that your case is officially closed and this will be a final resolution to this issue. No other response will be provided.**

This is his reply:

This decision is quite unfortunate. I DO NOT share my account with any person. It is my own personal account. I cannot understand why you have come to this conclusion and then have decided that this is your official decision without allowing me to provide any response.
    My wife and I both have accounts with swagbucks and operate them seperately.
    I recently tried to order an amazon gift card, but I cannot give out my business cell phone number. So...I thought that I could give my wife's number as it is her personal phone. I did not think that this would be an issue. Because I have done this you have now closed my account that I have been working on for many many months.
    This is not a misunderstanding, since you have made this decision without allowing me to voice my concerns.
    I would hope that this is certainly NOT a final decision and that you would reinstate my account along with my swagbucks.
    Please reply.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Is this a new policy from Swagbucks? I've redeemed for Amazon gift cards before but I have never been asked for my phone number.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

same here, lots of times. that's crazy! i hope he gets his points back

Quote Originally Posted by pingwinki View Post
    Is this a new policy from Swagbucks? I've redeemed for Amazon gift cards before but I have never been asked for my phone number.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I have also claimed several Amazon e-cards and no phone number required (i hate giving my number out anyways). Do you share a computer with your husband because if you both logged into your accounts on the same computer maybe thats how they thought you have multiple accounts? Hope everything works out and get the account reactivated!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i feel your pain.. really i do they deactivated both hubby and my account! they said i was using a bot on SBTV but i wasn't! i've emailed them back but they have decided to ignore me i have a feeling they are cracking down and booting accounts at whim.. i worked hard for my swagbucks i had ALOT of swagbucks and was about to do a BIG redemption and then they stole my account
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sucks, but it is violating the terms of one account per household. I am surprised it wasn't caught earlier though.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dilbrt View Post
    That sucks, but it is violating the terms of one account per household. I am surprised it wasn't caught earlier though.
    I thought they changed the one per household rule awhile back. And strange that a phone number was asked for, I've redeemed for hundreds of dollars worth of Amazon GCs and have never been asked for that.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I've never been asked for a phone # either...strange...
    Sorry you're having to go through this, it really does suck!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Over on the swagbucks thread there have been a few people that have had their accounts taken away recently. Tell hubby to keep trying with the e-mails, some people have had them reactivated. Good luck!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It was changed to one per person.

Just keep hounding them and ask for proof of this sharing.

As far as the cell thing, they randomly choose accounts for verification. You can choose to have a card with a pin mailed to you also if you don't mind waiting longer than cell verification
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dilbrt View Post
    Their terms state one account per person, not one account per household. I re-read them to make sure, otherwise I wouldn't have signed my hubby up. So upset with them!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i feel your pain.. really i do they deactivated both hubby and my account! they said i was using a bot on SBTV but i wasn't! i've emailed them back but they have decided to ignore me i have a feeling they are cracking down and booting accounts at whim.. i worked hard for my swagbucks i had ALOT of swagbucks and was about to do a BIG redemption and then they stole my account

I'm hoping they get back to me...I think I will just keep e-mailing them. My hubby had over 1000 swagbucks and for him, that was alot.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Thanks for the advice...I will be sending another e-mail today.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to admit I'm really disappointed in their CS as well. I did one of their surveys when I first started. It was worth 1600sb because it took over an hour to do. I was so excited! I completed the survey, got the completed screen and NEVER got the points added to my account. I emailed SB about it, they told me to email their survey partner, the survey partner never replied.. so I went back to SB who basically said "too bad so sad". It makes me super hesitant to do surveys with them anymore.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

I am going through the same thing about the verification...
    Back in December 2011, I opted and received a card with a pin# to verify the account
    I tried to redeem today and it's asking me again the verification process - I emailed them and asked why am I getting this again because I have verified the account and they said it's a "one time" thing only ?!?!
    I am so confused. I can't wait on their response. I still have the card they mailed me with the pin# in December...

Thread Information