User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Nexxus Coupons on Ebay - Let the rant begin!!!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

i thought the rant was about people taking whole lot of coupons???

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    i thought the rant was about people taking whole lot of coupons???
    Yes your right, I was thinking the same thing about 2 pages ago!! lol... but it seems to have turned into an overage debate!! lol!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Im glad you use couponing in order to not be a statistic. I think its great you use coupons. I think everyone should regardless of income. However, again, there is a thin line between use and abuse...... saving money is using them, making money is abusing them.
    So, it was OK when you made money off your coupons here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/213980-...op-pic-canada/, but isn't OK for another person to do? I don't understand the discrepancy, sorry.
    AshleyRobertson likes this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Before people judge others and their coupon overages, they may want to go back a review their own past brags posted on on SC (overages and all).

This thread is about ranting, not putting down fellow SCs. If you think coupon abuse has taken place or forum no nos have occurred, contact a mod. SC is supposed to be a supportive place. Everyone does have different views on couponing, but we still should be respectful of those differing views.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    So, it was OK when you made money off your coupons here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/213980-...op-pic-canada/, but isn't OK for another person to do? I don't understand the discrepancy, sorry.

As I said a few pages ago... ( if you were as quick to inform yourself as you are to judge and point fingers ) if you happen to get a sale on a full size item, and get an overage, thats one thing. To use them on trial sized products, with only one intention ( to get overage ) thats an entirely diferent story!!! We have all gotten a great deal through clearance items, and thats great!! I wouldnt buy a tonne of something useless like 100 tiny shampoos for overage.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

100 tiny shampoos are not useless, You could easily put them into a larger bottle. Yes I agree that having a 100 of them is excessive but using the 3-10 coupons you have to get free shampoo or conditioner.. I don't see a thing wrong with that, everyone needs it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Geez wondering if I wanna rant lol, so guess I will

Do I use coupons? Of course I do
    Do I take more tear pad coupons then I should? Of course I do (all be it, I go to many stores and take some from each, these are used for keeping for later, giving to family members and trading for things that I actually want or my family eats/needs)
    Do I have a stockpile? Yes
    Do I donate some excess products to my Grandmothers outreach restaurant? Yes
    Do I try to look for overages at stores like Walmart? Yes
    Would I ever consider buying coupons from ebay? Never

In my opinion, every family: single parent, dual income, single income, kids/no kids, pets, etc all all different, not to mention, race, geographical proximity and so forth. We all have different incomes, and to put yourself in someone else shoes is difficult. How can the single income family, the one who's spouse just lost her job yesterday, the one who has many kids, the ones who pay tons of money in taxes (more then a lot of people even make) think the same? They can't, You do what's best for your family and live your life. If coupons help, and overages help even more why is that a bad thing.
    I follow the rules on the coupons, never get more then 6 of a product at one store, or ever do multiple transactions, I drive back and forth to stores a lot. Should I? probably not, but I do, that is my decision, until I cannot do that anymore I will.
    So if I can get 6 travel size nexxus products, to help with shampoo for my beautiful wife, I will, and I will gladly use the overage of $6 towards the basket of other goods I purchase, that's my decision, and I stick to it. I will not make money or leave the store without ever paying for some part of the groceries, but any help is gladly accepted.
    If Nexxus, or Zantac or whoever, really wanted to exclude trial sizes or make products that would sell for cheaper then the coupons they put out. They would not make them.
    Remember we all make decisions, if you want to buy a $14.99 expensive conditioner or shampoo, that's you're decision. You could buy the $3.99 fructis one, and use $1 off coupon. To each his/her own
    Oh and P.S. I have never used a Nexxus coupon, cause I just started couponing about 3 months ago, and our Walmart has never had any on the shelf that I've seen, but will continue to look lol
    coupon girl, lealgen and KMammy like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I used some $3 coupons from the first round to get shampoo at Walmart and get overage. DD does not like it and I think it smells like baby barf. Gave them all away and didn't even bother looking for these coupons this time.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    Geez wondering if I wanna rant lol, so guess I will

Do I use coupons? Of course I do
    Do I take more tear pad coupons then I should? Of course I do (all be it, I go to many stores and take some from each, these are used for keeping for later, giving to family members and trading for things that I actually want or my family eats/needs)
    Do I have a stockpile? Yes
    Do I donate some excess products to my Grandmothers outreach restaurant? Yes
    Do I try to look for overages at stores like Walmart? Yes
    Would I ever consider buying coupons from ebay? Never

In my opinion, every family: single parent, dual income, single income, kids/no kids, pets, etc all all different, not to mention, race, geographical proximity and so forth. We all have different incomes, and to put yourself in someone else shoes is difficult. How can the single income family, the one who's spouse just lost her job yesterday, the one who has many kids, the ones who pay tons of money in taxes (more then a lot of people even make) think the same? They can't, You do what's best for your family and live your life. If coupons help, and overages help even more why is that a bad thing.
    I follow the rules on the coupons, never get more then 6 of a product at one store, or ever do multiple transactions, I drive back and forth to stores a lot. Should I? probably not, but I do, that is my decision, until I cannot do that anymore I will.
    So if I can get 6 travel size nexxus products, to help with shampoo for my beautiful wife, I will, and I will gladly use the overage of $6 towards the basket of other goods I purchase, that's my decision, and I stick to it. I will not make money or leave the store without ever paying for some part of the groceries, but any help is gladly accepted.
    If Nexxus, or Zantac or whoever, really wanted to exclude trial sizes or make products that would sell for cheaper then the coupons they put out. They would not make them.
    Remember we all make decisions, if you want to buy a $14.99 expensive conditioner or shampoo, that's you're decision. You could buy the $3.99 fructis one, and use $1 off coupon. To each his/her own
    Oh and P.S. I have never used a Nexxus coupon, cause I just started couponing about 3 months ago, and our Walmart has never had any on the shelf that I've seen, but will continue to look lol
    I don't think a person's income level gives them the right to use a coupon a certain way more than another person. Its very obvious that Nexxus makes those coupons to be used on a regular sized bottle ( so the company can still make money ) rather than on trials... where a person gets a item free... plus paid to do it.

I used this analogy in another thread:

That would be like me giving you $5 to go to the store to get milk for me..... having you come back with a tiny carton of milk, and a a bunch of things for yourself with the rest. Even if I didn't specify that I wanted a large carton of milk, it would be implied wouldn't it? Its no different than a coupon. Its implied to be used on a product to save money... not to MAKE it!!

Would you be upset if a person did that to you?? Its the same thing. Also, I have to ask, would the defenders of "overage" feel the same way if I were the person buying my groceries using overage knowing that my husband makes $200,000 a year?? I bet tables would turn on me pretty quick if I did.
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 04:47 PM.
    ex0ticb3lla likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

To the many, many, many people who messaged me: 'That Site' is the name of the site I was referring to! It's the site where people discuss misuses of coupons without fear of being blocked or banned from sites like this -- I'm sure many of you have visited it without realizing it when the fiasco of stacking at LD was occurring.

It is not a banned link, but I will not post the link because if it becomes banned -- well, pfft. Just google the site name - which, again, is That Site! - and go nutters.

PS: It is NOT the one that has the pictures of the Nexxus -- that is a completely different site that IS banned from being named on this one. That Site rips them a new one, though!

I hope that helps. Please stop messaging me about it! Thank you very much!
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    To the many, many, many people who messaged me: 'That Site' is the name of the site I was referring to! It's the site where people discuss misuses of coupons without fear of being blocked or banned from sites like this -- I'm sure many of you have visited it without realizing it when the fiasco of stacking at LD was occurring.

It is not a banned link, but I will not post the link because if it becomes banned -- well, pfft. Just google the site name - which, again, is That Site! - and go nutters.

PS: It is NOT the one that has the pictures of the Nexxus -- that is a completely different site that IS banned from being named on this one. That Site rips them a new one, though!

I hope that helps. Please stop messaging me about it! Thank you very much!

cant find anything on that!! lol!!

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Would you be upset if a person did that to you?? Its the same thing. Also, I have to ask, would the defenders of "overage" feel the same way if I were the person buying my groceries using overage knowing that my husband makes $200,000 a year?? I bet tables would turn on me pretty quick if I did.
    I don't understand. You used to use overages on mini items (shaving cream) and brag about them on SC. Now others are doing the same thing, and you argue against it?

You've gone back today and edited your old brags removing trial/mini size info. Is this necessary?

The other user was using the overages to purchase needs for their family. That's their personal decision. The company issuing the coupon should change the coupon if they feel it is being abused. I feel the company uses this coupon and trial sizes to get people hooked on their product. Like you said they do have great conditioner.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/211229-...p-more-canada/
    "SO here are my receipts from one of my shopping trips this week -
    After Buying all my items, in the end the subtotal was -$15.05 meaning they OWED me $15.05 ( before taxes ) and they owed me just under $5 after I paid tax on my free stuff!! This wal mart wont pay cash back for overage ( just basket credit ), so I got my daughter to go to the shelf in the isle to grab a water bottle for her bike ( infusion $5 ) so in the end I ended up paying $0.73 for everything. Over $300 worth of stuff - ALL FREE!!!!"

Posted further down in this thread...

"I brought all the mini shaving cream (along with half the large cans) to the shelter along with the SpinBrush toothbrushes I brought there for the children. The rest I have kept for when we have guests ( both my husbands family and my own are from half way across the country ) so we like to have things on hand like that so when they come they just have to bring themselves and their clothes..... its nice when they dont have to worry about toiletries, especially with the crazy rules on airplanes now days ( no aerosols etc )"
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Messy font?..add
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The manufacturer will still get the money back from the store, who cares what size u buy? It's the same as the Milk thing happening now, what's the difference between free or an overage? Just my opinion

About the income thing, I'd have no problem with you or anyone, if you make a ton of money, obviously I would love to as well, but that is not my situation, you do what you do, with what you have

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    I don't understand. You used to use overages on mini items (shaving cream) and brag about them on SC. Now others are doing the same thing, and you argue against it?

You've gone back today and edited your old brags remove trial/mini size info. Is this necessary?

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/211229-...p-more-canada/
    "SO here are my receipts from one of my shopping trips this week -
    After Buying all my items, in the end the subtotal was -$15.05 meaning they OWED me $15.05 ( before taxes ) and they owed me just under $5 after I paid tax on my free stuff!! This wal mart wont pay cash back for overage ( just basket credit ), so I got my daughter to go to the shelf in the isle to grab a water bottle for her bike ( infusion $5 ) so in the end I ended up paying $0.73 for everything. Over $300 worth of stuff - ALL FREE!!!!"

Posted further down in this thread...

"I brought all the mini shaving cream (along with half the large cans) to the shelter along with the SpinBrush toothbrushes I brought there for the children. The rest I have kept for when we have guests ( both my husbands family and my own are from half way across the country ) so we like to have things on hand like that so when they come they just have to bring themselves and their clothes..... its nice when they dont have to worry about toiletries, especially with the crazy rules on airplanes now days ( no aerosols etc )"
    yeah, "all the mini's" meaning 6 of them!! Because thats how many residents are at our local shelter!! To go with the rest of the stuff in their gift bags. Large cans can not be handed out to the residents at the shelter because they can potentially be used as drugs. Large cans have to be dispensed into paper cups. Plus this was during the time the full sized gilette foamy was under $1.50 meaning the trials that I had to buy, cost the same as a full sized!! There was a purpose. I got no more overage buying trials as I would have full sized cans. So again, you have no point.

I bought 50 FULL sized shaving cream that day as well!!
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
    ex0ticb3lla likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    The manufacturer will still get the money back from the store, who cares what size u buy? It's the same as the Milk thing happening now, what's the difference between free or an overage? Just my opinion

About the income thing, I'd have no problem with you or anyone, if you make a ton of money, obviously I would love to as well, but that is not my situation, you do what you do, with what you have

You have it backwards.... the store will get money back from the manufacturer. Which means the manufacturer pays money out of pocket without making any.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information