User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Nexxus Coupons on Ebay - Let the rant begin!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)

This post is getting pretty catty. And anyone who has read even a few pages of it has come to realize that you guys are talking in circles, and not really getting any where productive. You all have different opinions, and at this point it doesn't look like anyone is really going to change their opinion based on something someone else is going to say, and that's cool, we're all adults, not everyone is going to agree, and that's just life.

I'm not giving my two cents on the issue, because I don't want to be subjected to accusations or any of the negativity that has been found through out the post.

We all have different situations. We all use our coupons for different things. Regardless of what we choose to do, the majority of the people on SC use the coupons as stated by the manufacturer, and therefore are doing nothing wrong. As someone else said, Walmart chooses to have an overage policy, and with that I guarantee that they realized that some people will abuse it and take the cash straight up instead of using it on other grocery items. If Walmart chooses to have that policy, it is not in anyway illegal or 'wrong' to use it. They have this policy to draw us in from other stores. If they didn't want to deal with overages, they wouldn't have that policy. End of story.

Sure it sucks that some people missed out on these coupons, or any coupons, but that's kind of a big point of this website (sharing deals as well as sharing coupons).

I don't think its something really worth fighting with other members over, or getting completely off topic and making ridiculous comments about people's personal lives.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Jenny,
    Costco has the 1.3 Liter bottles of Nexxus shampoo and conditioner; for some strange reason, the conditioner is more expensive, but it works out better than paying for the regular sized bottles unless they are on clearance.

I managed to snag a couple of these coveted coupons yesterday and I went back to Shoppers today to pick up some milk and the whole tear pad was gone, from being almost full yesterday! Good grief.
    Thank you very much for that info... I dont shop at cosco though, I dont like the idea of having to pay to shop somewhere, plus they dont allow coupons which is a double wammy for this girl!! lol

Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

When Boo made this section it didnt mean all rules out the window. You still cannot bash others!
    Lori, Jezebel, Insane and 2 others like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

to get back t point I was driving by a smaller town (Binbrook) thought I would stop at the SDM there gone every single last Nexxus : ( I was happy to get some Degree!!!!!lol Better then a kick in the bum

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I agree kk7, there will be no more warning before this thread is locked.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

is there no way to report her for selling promotional products with no real value? i want to rant at this person, but have to sign into my ebay account to do so . urgg. always trashy never classy, gotta say!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

i really didnt read all these other comments, or i wouldnt have played up an overtalked subject.whoopsie!

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Well, I just got back from 5 different Shoppers (I love living in the GTA).....I took 300 Nexxus coupons and then I went to Wal-Mart, bought 300 mini shampoos and bought a laptop......

I didn't actually do that lol. And I haven't found any Nexxus coupons, but that's okay because I LOVE the smell of it, but for some reason it gives me dry scalp .

Going back to the original reason of this thread, people should not take all the coupons off the tear pads and sell them on E-bay, and I would NOT buy coupons off e-bay because I don't need a certain coupon bad enough to have to go to e-bay for it. We have amazing traders on here and for the most part, you can ALWAYS find someone who has a coupon you need and then you can trade coupon for coupon.

And as far as the rest of the thread goes, I did buy 3 shampoos and 2 conditioners last time the coupons were out, but felt really awkward about getting an overage on a trial size. I don't know why, but that's just me, so I didn't do it again (which is good cuz I had to give them away after the first bottle). I felt like I wasn't using the coupon properly (and yes, I know it doesn't have a size restriction), and it still felt just not quite right to me personally. On the other hand, I went to RCSS last year and found Olay body was on clearance for $2.02. I bought 10 of them and got about $4.00 overage. For full size clearance products, I LOVE overages, but I know that there are lots of people who get trial size overages, and to each their own. I'm not the judge of what is right or wrong, I am just the judge for what I feel is right or wrong for me. But obviously a lot of companies did not intend for their coupons to get used on trial sizes (hence the new wording on 95% of coupons saying EXCLUDING TRIAL SIZES).

People here can all express their opinions. We are all adults (most of us anyways...we do have some young couponers ), and we can agree to disagree. Attacking people is not okay, but saying what you think in a polite manner is not a bad thing. We don't live in a "Peace and Love All Around Forever" world, but we should all still be respectful with our statements.

Anyways....just my 2 cents Carry on everyone lol......I didn't buy my People magazine this week, so I enjoy the free entertainment
    Last edited by happy_me24; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So yesterday after reading this thread I came to SDM (20 seconds of walk from my house), there was a tear pad full of these coupons so I got 4! Today I came, did the 3 of spending 75$ got 18500 and found out that there are only about 5 left of these coupons on that tear pads! It's gone really fast though!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I wish we had tear pads here. I'd go get some Nexxus and give 'em all to you guys! LOL I seriously don't care for the product.

I get tempted occasionally to buy coupons on ebay though. It's not much different then trading a GC. We don't have tear pads or inserts here. So it's tempting to buy things like cheesestring or lactantia cream (we go through 2 1L cartons a WEEK!) coupons. But I don't mostly because the amount people want for them seems excessive ($3+ dollars for $7.50 in savings?)
    Jezebel and FallenPixels like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm kind of new to couponing, and have been following many sites to try and see which one fits.

And I know it may seem silly that I joined this one, after what am I about to say, but I just had to make this comment.

After reading this thread, I deeply disappointed in this website. It just seems everybody is harping on somebody else. Nobody is friendly with eachother, and if people don't agree with what certain members think, you are BAD.

I think the moderaters of this site should take a good hard look at this thread, and really think about it. Is this the type of behavior you want to promote?

And yes, I bet I'm going to get flooded with comments about, "I have the right to voice my opinion". But again I say, this is not the way to attract new members.

It's really depressing really, that a site created to bring couponers together, is tearing them apart.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xxkrissy View Post
    I'm kind of new to couponing, and have been following many sites to try and see which one fits.

And I know it may seem silly that I joined this one, after what am I about to say, but I just had to make this comment.

After reading this thread, I deeply disappointed in this website. It just seems everybody is harping on somebody else. Nobody is friendly with eachother, and if people don't agree with what certain members think, you are BAD.

I think the moderaters of this site should take a good hard look at this thread, and really think about it. Is this the type of behavior you want to promote?

And yes, I bet I'm going to get flooded with comments about, "I have the right to voice my opinion". But again I say, this is not the way to attract new members.

It's really depressing really, that a site created to bring couponers together, is tearing them apart.
    This is a huge forum with many members...they come and go. If you are going to dismiss the whole forum based on one thread, then perhaps this isn't the one for you. Cheers.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

When the behaviour of couponers impacts the way you are treated, the wording coupons have in the future etc - yes people will say something. Do they have to be quite so &^%&%% about it? No - but if no one ever says it is wrong, people new to couponing will never know

As far as modding the board into some fake everyone is nice to each other, it has been tried and it backfires. People will disagree, that is life. Many good members have left SC being annoyed that they could not say 'hey that is wrong' only to go into stores and find their fave cashier with a warning bc someone made a fake coupon that got past them, or a couponer had insulted them, the store was cleared out and the staff suddenly hate couponers or whatever
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

As a person who has been only couponing for about 5-6 weeks, I can definitely say that the attitude and behaviour of store staff and management has been affected by negative or deceptive couponers.

It is almost like I need to go way out of my way to show that I am being ethical and honest to win the stores back from their really negative experiences with some other couponers.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    When the behaviour of couponers impacts the way you are treated, the wording coupons have in the future etc - yes people will say something. Do they have to be quite so &^%&%% about it? No - but if no one ever says it is wrong, people new to couponing will never know

As far as modding the board into some fake everyone is nice to each other, it has been tried and it backfires. People will disagree, that is life. Many good members have left SC being annoyed that they could not say 'hey that is wrong' only to go into stores and find their fave cashier with a warning bc someone made a fake coupon that got past them, or a couponer had insulted them, the store was cleared out and the staff suddenly hate couponers or whatever

That sum's it up exactly!!! I have used coupons since I moved out on my own nearly 12 years ago. Coupons had always been welcomed by cashiers, usually with a pat on the back. There was never "verification" needed, no "overrides" , no "I'm going to have to check with my manager". You would go to a store, use your coupons, save your money.... that was all.

Now days, because of the frenzy of people looking to find loop holes in the system, use the wrong coupons on the wrong product or size ( not by mistake!! ) or shelf clearing of toilet seat covers or trials..... couponers are starting to look like criminals. Even the legit ones.

At the Sobey's here in my town, its a pure hassle to try to use any coupons at all. Every single one has to be verified.....the time waiting for a supervisor with an angry line up behind you, barely makes it worth while to shop there. Why does this happen?? Because an SC member ( or perhaps lurker ) used coupons from the SC scan zone to PRINT FPC's and pass them off there.

The reason some people get heated over this situation is because it truly is ruining it for others. Its not as though we are so concerned with other peoples business, or what other people are doing.... its because what other people are doing actually effects us all.
    Tweets77, Insane and Murren like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information