Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KaraMA
  • 1 Post By minilover

Thread: Calgary cell phone plans?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good day!

I will be moving to Calgary in about a month, and can't take my cell phone plan with me (I'm on MTS here in Manitoba). I am wondering what providers are in Calgary, as well as any plans with long distance that you may know of? I currently have an blackberry, but it's pretty beaten up so I could use a new phone as well. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

There are several providers in this area - Telus, Bell, Rogers, Fido, Kodoo. I'm sure there's more that's just all I can think of off the top of my head. I don't know if any of them have plans for long distance calling though.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That was a huge help already! We don't have Fido or Kodoo here (although I can hear the robotic voice from a Kodoo comercial in my head LOL). I'll check out the sites
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Koodo has Canada wide calling so no long distance on calls within Canada on one of their plans. No activation fee and no other monthly fees. I just signed up with them (I am in Red Deer) and I am really happy so far.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Does anyone use "Wind"? Read about them on the Blog's home page but no one says where they live LOL! Their web page says they cover Calgary...
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

WIND? ANYONE?

Based on price alone they are cheapest by far for what I need. The problem is that by their coverage map, it looks like if you basically aren't in the Calgary city limits or on the main highway, you don't get any coverage... Has anyone had experience with this? I have 2 small children and would be willing to pay the extra $ to know I have coverage everywhere I go... The most cost effective isn't always the best...
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I pay $10 per month for a Telus pay as you go phone-you do buy the phone first but just top it up automatically with your credit card each month. I rarely text or call but just use for emergencies-this would only be a good plan for light users like me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your crazy NOT TO go with chatr. Unlimited long distance in canaa 25 a month no contract better service then the others, plans up to 45 with unlimited text and data, cheap phones great range , TRY THEM
    Super Mel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

D'oh! Just looked up Chatr and it looks pretty good! I recently signed a 3 year contract with Bell thou. I called the call center when I was comparing prices and they threw in free incoming calls for free and made it hard to turn them down.
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I have been with kudoo for over 2 years now and would never go back to any company that requires a contract. I have unlimited everything including long distance on my blackberry and only pay 45 a month My husband is also with Kudoo
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Thread Information