User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Price tag removal unbrag. What I witnessed yesterday

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thats exactly why I always go with them and point it out so even if they little sign in the wrong spot I know im still getting the deal

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kaylamcd View Post
    Walmart tried to pull this on me once. The aquafina vitamin water had just come out, and I had 5 coupons that allowed me to get them for free while they were on sale for a dollar, and it had a GIANT rollback sign over the display that said a dollar. They scanned at like 1.50 or something, and I walked back there with the stock boy, and he was like "oh that's an old sign, we don't have that promotion any more"... my fiance and I both had a heated discussion with the CSM, who ended up letting us have them for a 1.00 since the promotion wasn't actually over.
    This exact same thing happened to me. I caught the vitamin water on clearance for $1.00 and it scanned in at $1.50. I didn't catch it until I checked my receipt still in store, so I went to customer service. The CSR didn't believe me and went to check herself. I've had signs changed on me before at this location, so I bet the only reason she didn't change it herself was because it wasn't a shelf price so much as it was a giant clearance sign way up high. Anyhow, I got it for $1.00 each but realized after I had gotten home that technically, I should have gotten all of them free because I bought different flavours, hence diff. UPC codes.

The taking a picture of yourself next to the sign is a great idea! (except for having to find someone to take the pic if you're alone). I usually take pictures of great deals on my phone - [a surly WM employee once told me I'm not allowed to take pictures in store] - but I figure they can always say that there is no proof of when the picture was taken. Putting yourself in the picture eliminates the dilemma - great.

[*A I M Z*]

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't know if Walmart sells newspapers, but other stores like SDM sells papers. You could put the paper next to the price tag as proof that the pic was taken same day. Same idea when newspaper is taken next to hostage to prove hostage is still alive.

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I always let the purchase go through. If its wrong, I go back through the store and pull the tag and take it to CS.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Thanks for everyones' input. I learned a lot.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

With the screw up on the VH sauce at Sobeys this week I got the line "Oh, that stuff isn't the right stuff, it's the other kind" Are you KIDDING me? I showed the stock boy that had been called up to cash the flyer and the sign that advertised the sale price AND the sizes on sale. Then the cashier wasn't going to SCOP it for me... she wasn't sure on the rules - so I READ her the info on the BIG sticker that is on the scale at ALL of the cash registers. Holy Crap, it took everything in my power to stay nice and sweet to them and feel sorry for them because of their lack of knowledge on their own policies.
    It drives me crazy when the can't stand to give you a deal or make you feel like you are stealing because you have done your reserach and have coupons.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

SDM does this quite often, it happend to me at least 2-3 times, my husband saw this stock person having handful of price tags and went through them all just to change it to the "right price", so we don't get SCOP. I'm surprised to know that a lot of places do this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That's why I also go with whoever is price checking anything! You never know what they might do!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It's sad when we have to compare hostage tactics to prices. Haha. So sad they can't just be honest about their mistake. I wonder sometimes if the staff member who was supposed to take the tag down gets in trouble when they hand out a SCOP

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I don't know if Walmart sells newspapers, but other stores like SDM sells papers. You could put the paper next to the price tag as proof that the pic was taken same day. Same idea when newspaper is taken next to hostage to prove hostage is still alive.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Oh this has happened to me a few times
    and that's why I now go after the person who is price checking.
    I don't like doing that but I hate "feeling like a liar or stupid"

My latest experience was at SDM yesterday.
    I went to get the SB kit which had the tag for $2.99 - I got 3 of them
    It scanned at $9.99 and the cashier called the manager to price check. I went right with her and she tried saying "oh, the tag isn't placed at the right item, it should be the refill"
    I said: No, the UPC on the tag is the same as the kit - it's for $2.99
    Then, she came at the cash and asked the cashier to ring it at $2.99
    I asked for SCOP. The cashier said:
    If I put the first item for free, you get the other two for the scanning price which is $9.99.
    I explained her that's not how SCOP works, I am getting 1 for free and the other two for the advertising price on the tag. She had to confirm again with the manager who approved it but....gosh...why does it have to be so difficult?
    If it was me about 3 years ago I would of bought anything they say - Starting first with the manager who tried saying the price tag is not placed to the right item even though the tag had correct information. I wouldn't even know about SCOP and so on....
    Who knows how many people get ripped off because of these "little" things.
    greencanuck likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-M View Post
    Oh this has happened to me a few times
    and that's why I now go after the person who is price checking.
    I don't like doing that but I hate "feeling like a liar or stupid"

My latest experience was at SDM yesterday.
    I went to get the SB kit which had the tag for $2.99 - I got 3 of them
    It scanned at $9.99 and the cashier called the manager to price check. I went right with her and she tried saying "oh, the tag isn't placed at the right item, it should be the refill"
    I said: No, the UPC on the tag is the same as the kit - it's for $2.99
    Then, she came at the cash and asked the cashier to ring it at $2.99
    I asked for SCOP. The cashier said:
    If I put the first item for free, you get the other two for the scanning price which is $9.99.
    I explained her that's not how SCOP works, I am getting 1 for free and the other two for the advertising price on the tag. She had to confirm again with the manager who approved it but....gosh...why does it have to be so difficult?
    If it was me about 3 years ago I would of bought anything they say - Starting first with the manager who tried saying the price tag is not placed to the right item even though the tag had correct information. I wouldn't even know about SCOP and so on....
    Who knows how many people get ripped off because of these "little" things.
    This is exactly why I do SCOP.
    Many of these companies are getting away with thousands of dollars in mis-scanned prices.

It is terrible that they are try to change price signs to get away with this.
    Eva-M likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This happened to me yesterday at SDM in the cosmetician noticed took the sign off after she noticed the offer has expired and offered to give it to me at that price. I asked for SCOP but she told me that it only applies if I had paid for it first. She said that it's in their policy...

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aly8887 View Post
    This happened to me yesterday at SDM in the cosmetician noticed took the sign off after she noticed the offer has expired and offered to give it to me at that price. I asked for SCOP but she told me that it only applies if I had paid for it first. She said that it's in their policy...
    I believe the item has to be scanned first to get SCOP, that's your proof. If everything is verbal, there is no proof of anything. Your word against hers and who do you think is going to win?
    Eva-M and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Holy Crow! I didn't even think that the stores would do something like change the price to prevent a SCOP!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Haha, I had to laugh at Pudi's comment about the Zeller's at Alexis Nihon in Montreal. They tried playing games with me + DH about two months ago when we went to get pillows. HUGE! HUGE! "All X brand (forgot the brand) pillows at $ (forgot the amount too lol)" sign in front of the pillows we wanted. So since I knew that Zellers is so wonky with prices, I figured that we may not have the correct price ring up at the cash and made a mental note of the correct price. We were right, the pillows rang up much higher (One rang up around $10-$11 and another at $15 instead of something like $5, pillows were really cheap that wk!). Anyway, they tried to pull the "oh no, that sign is from last wk" blah blah blah, but that wks' flyer had the ad for the pillows in it LOL. Then one cashier said "oh we corrected the price, so you are getting the special. I can't give it to you for free, that's the manager's rules" Another LOL.

Anyway, after some hemming and hawing, we got two for free (2 different pillow types but same brand). Just for fun, I went back to the bedding section later and lo and behold, they had removed the sign even though it was supposed to be a special that wk!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information