User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Attention DIY Fanatics!!! What is your latest project?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Currently I am working on my kitchen, have been for about 2 months. It's not a complete makeover but there's almost no part of the kitchen that has gone untouched. Counters, sink, backsplash, range hood, new stove, table, redid the cabinets doors and new lighting and widow treatments. So far , so good, I am on budget and near completion. If the wind would stop howling I could finish painting the rest of my cabinet doors(doing it outside).

What are you working on right now? Share your pics. ideas. I love to see what other peeps do. Do you watch the guys on DIY network or HGTV? Who's your reno-god?

My next project is already lined up also. My DD wants he room redone. She picked everything. I already got the paint, curtains, wall paper border, giant flower decals and a new chandelier with pink crystals lol. I am hopingto start this next week.
    This thread is currently associated with: WIND Mobile

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My new stove range hood and tile backsplash, my lower cabinets are black and the upper ones will be white, I used granite tile on the counter and I re-used all my hardware(door handles and hinges). Before i had a propellor fan in the wall which left a big honking hole which DH fixed up, bricked up the outside gyped the inside and I tiled it. My neighbor the elctrician rewired for the new hood. We had to get all new gyproc and plywood for the counter and backsplash since when we did demo nothing was salvageable. I decided to spray paint the cabinet doors, it's little risky but it turned ot great. They are high gloss and smooth. I have 6 cabinet doors left to do . I also have a shelf thingy I built which goes up on the back wall and a little trimwork under the cabinets to do and that's it. Oh and I have yet to find a light fixture for over the table.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

As you know, my kitchen is a work in progress. Thanks to Patty for giving me the confidenceto try the tile myself! I'm going to do the backsplash tile. I bought tiles similar to Patty's. Will probably start this week, just waiting to get a bit stronger. I finished my bathroom makeover just before christmas with the exception of the cabinet and faucet which I will do when I finish my kitchen. Here are the pic's of my somewhat finished kitchen.

Well See the post below this one, Patty fixed my pic's thanks Patty.

See the resemblance to Patty's, LOL....no cabinet doors, only at least she has bottoms at this point.

Sorry for the huge pictures. I'm downloading the pics to my album and doing a c&p of the bb bar, but since it changed to this new format, they are coming up huge and I don't know how to fix it. Me = technically challenged
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Sun, Apr 29th, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I can fix them one sec.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ok Holly you can delete yours, crap one sec I made them too big also bahahahahahahah
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sun, Apr 29th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ok I am an idiot I uploaded the same ones I forgot I saved them in a different file, but finally here they are Holly. Looks very familiar lol but getting there also.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Patty, what are the panels behind the table and chairs?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, and hoping since we finally got a Pets section, perhaps there will be one for Home and Garden as well - that would be great!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Patty, what are the panels behind the table and chairs?
    Those are my blinds, I got them from Ikea. You know Ikea everything comes seperatly and you have to put it all together with a toothpick lol. You buy the track at the length you want and it can also be cut to length. The rolls of material are 120 inches long so you cut them and they go into the rail system. It's all quite a job but well worth it. I ended up sitting on my butt cutting and measuring, took a good 3 hours.

They slide to the side and stack 2 by 2 and I have a 6 foot patio door there.

You can also buy more tracks and make them stack one by one if you like but I would have had to spend another $100 just on the extra track.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sun, Apr 29th, 2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: sp
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They are just so cool!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well im not perfect..but I am impressed with myself. i've been making all decorations for my son's grad party..
    ive taken material and meshy ribbon and fabric ribbon and made runners and tablecloths.
    ive taken plain black vases and added some style to it in addition I took black daisies and took stick pins with little beads from a kit i already had and slid them on and stuck them in the middle of the flowers center, then taped the pin underneath to make sure no on gets stuck. those plus the mirrored 'pics' I also picked up last xmas at the dollar store those two together make a beautiful combination,
    also I scored some sweet dishes and vases for $.25-$.50 each and im making homemade cake stands for the desserts.. ive also taken plastic grad cup and covered the bottoms in black ribbon and then took rhinestone 'gems' and covered the seams with them to give them a more sophisticated look. those will become candle holders, they will be secured to round mirrors and then round silver doilies for the centerpieces. and on top of the mirrors i'll add burgandy rhinestores to coordinate the colors.
    once I have everything done I'll post pics.
    best part is once the party is over i can put everything away for my other sons' grad.
    i've done this all for under $20 so far.
    itsjustmebub and Patty Smyth like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Patty,
    I love the look of that glass tile behind your stove...most people put it on horizontally, by doing it vertically, it gives it a waterfall effect...very elegant.

What kind of grout do you put between the counter tiles? I am thinking about granite countertops, but they are so much more than tiles. I'm just worried about crud getting between the cracks of the tiles. Are you leaving the top cupboards front-less? Mine are too messy to do that, I would need some sort of frosted glass panels or the like.

We are finishing the basement by ourselves, but it is slow work because my husband is a perfectionist, and sometimes hockey and other sports get in the way. I feel bad for people that aren't handy, you pay through the nose for any work and then you never know whether it's done right or not.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Were redoing our walkway and down the laneway, picked up the stones today. Also have a retaining wall planting area on the other side that I mulched over and put planters on top of since its at the side of the house it doesnt get much attention lol!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh I just saw that tile effect on pinterest! SO COOL.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Cute toes, Holly! Nice work ladies! Now that's some girl power!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information