Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

and did you ever get a reply?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I called in a complaint and left a message several times... Nothing... I had bought a wok there and went home to cook dinner with it and the Teflon flaked off into my dinner! Man was I mad... I called the store they tried to tell me that that wasn't there problem it was the manufacturers.. They actually hung up on me... I went in they refused me.. Finally my husband went in, with the dinner still in the pan, plopped it down on customer service desk and proceeded to make a scene, they finally refunded our money and the ingredients in it... I tried to call the 1888 customer service number several times but no one ever bothered to call me back.

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

I did complain 3 times by e-mail and never got an answer!! and when I tried to call them, I had to leave a message but they never returned my call!! they don't give a **** about their custumers!! ( sorry about the language... )

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Don't buy electronics from Superstore! My dad bought a stereo there and it stopped working after like 3 weeks and he found out that the store only replaces a product if it breaks within 14 days-14 days? Seriously? He made a scene and would not take no for an answer because it was over a hundred dollars and would not take a replacement and finally got his money back. Even Walmart has 3 months to bring something back. Now we never ever buy any electronics from Superstore-no matter how good a deal! It is not worth it to take a chance that you get a lemon and they won't take it back. We now mainly buy from Future Shop and Best Buy who don't give us any trouble if something doesn't work.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Attempted to return a defective food product today and was refused for a totally lame "reason" by someone who called herself a "store manager" but who would, in my opinion, have had some difficulty in achieving even incompetent.

Go figure - the store was quite willing to permanently lose a customer who spends upwards of $11,000 per year in the store for the sake of a $15 refund. Idiots or what? Luckily there are lots of places who are more than happy to get my shopping dollar in the immediately area - and they actually employ people who at least partially understand the connection between happy customers and a paycheque.

I will NEVER shop at any Superstore again.

Mom on a Mission
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

I sent a complaint in and it took 3 weeks to answer me. And all I got was please visit a store near you! Even though I stated I had been to the store 10 times and spoke to everyone and was told I needed to deal with Head Office!

I won't shop superstore. I will go in for something if I can get it for free. but thats about it!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

oh my god it sounds like it's such a terrible place! i find that the superstore that i go to is really good with coupons, but their customer service staff leave a little to be desired. i email them and it took a VERY long time for them to reply to me, and even then, they totally didn't even answer my question, and just told me about SCOP.

addicted to coupon trains couponkristin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i emailed no frills and loblaws head office this week... hopefully i get a response

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I emailed NoFrills on Sunday about an issue and had a reply by lunchtime on Monday....

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I would like to complain about the cashiers not bagging the groceries any more. My DH said he asked once when I wasn't with him, and the girl said that they're trying out a new system to see if it's faster to bag as they scan, or after everything has been rung up. The problem is, when they don't bag as they go, you feel obligated to do it yourself, and if you don't people in line start grunting and groaning because it's taking longer. This is a poorly designed "test", as almost every single customer is now bagging their groceries and skewing the time test results. Maybe the cashier was just making it up.

I really don't mind bagging my own, but if my daughter decides she's impatient, and wants to be out of her car seat, I can't entertain her and bag the groceries at the same time.

Does anyone else's store do this, or is it just mine?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by karalin9 View Post
    I would like to complain about the cashiers not bagging the groceries any more. My DH said he asked once when I wasn't with him, and the girl said that they're trying out a new system to see if it's faster to bag as they scan, or after everything has been rung up. The problem is, when they don't bag as they go, you feel obligated to do it yourself, and if you don't people in line start grunting and groaning because it's taking longer. This is a poorly designed "test", as almost every single customer is now bagging their groceries and skewing the time test results. Maybe the cashier was just making it up.

I really don't mind bagging my own, but if my daughter decides she's impatient, and wants to be out of her car seat, I can't entertain her and bag the groceries at the same time.

I noticed this when I was at the Oxford St. store about a month ago. I didn't think anything of it until the next time I went there and it was the same thing. I agree, I felt obligated to help but with a 9 month old who is usually impatient at the end of my shopping, I can't always help. Hearing the grumbles and groans behind me doesn't help either.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

That's the one I'm talking about.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    I called in a complaint and left a message several times... Nothing... I had bought a wok there and went home to cook dinner with it and the Teflon flaked off into my dinner! Man was I mad... I called the store they tried to tell me that that wasn't there problem it was the manufacturers.. They actually hung up on me... I went in they refused me.. Finally my husband went in, with the dinner still in the pan, plopped it down on customer service desk and proceeded to make a scene, they finally refunded our money and the ingredients in it... I tried to call the 1888 customer service number several times but no one ever bothered to call me back.
    Wish I would have been in the store when your husband came in with your food in the pan....it must have been hilarious!!! Way to go!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

we have always been bagging our groceries for the last 2 years at our superstore...i never knew that the cashiers do bagging in superstore!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by karalin9 View Post

Come to think of it,they do that in Oshawa.

We use the self serve checkout and I yell at the machine,and when it wants my signature I write rude things if DW or DD isn't looking!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information