User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: TARGET : Unveils Canadian Store locations - 105 locations in Canada !!! - Check urs !

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lammie View Post
    Hey SCers,

Haven't shopped at Target before so could anybody describe what kind of store it is (is there an equivalent Canadian store?)?

I'm guessing it's pretty good to get everyone is so darn excited!!

Cheers!
    Here's a sample weekly advertisement. In case the link does not work, the zip code I used is 33952, in Florida.
    http://weeklyad.target.com/target/de...h=y&adref=beta

The clearance, end of season, Target online coupons, health and beauty clearance -- this is why people like Target.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, May 26th, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    The clearance, end of season, Target online coupons, health and beauty clearance -- this is why people like Target.
    Oh yes, I've personally become addicted to clearance shopping at Target in the U.S. in the past. I have also been to an Australian Target within the last year, and while it was somewhat similar to the stores in the U.S., I was left feeling underwhelmed by it because it didn't have the same kinds of deals or atmosphere. I hope that the Canadian stores are much more similar to the U.S. stores, especially when it comes to seasonal clearance, which eventually goes up to 90% off. And U.S. Targets do pricematch and allow stacking with their printable store coupons on top of that:

http://sites.target.com/site/en/comp...=WCMP04-040400

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

*sigh* the store I work at is becoming a Target.. and after what I'm hearing I wish it wasn't.. on one hand if I stay at Zellers I will be able to keep my job and stay at my pay rate but now that Target is taking over they are forcing everyone to reapply( which I agree will get rid of some dead weight but I for one am a hard worker and do my best for customers) while we are layed off during renos and if I do get hired back it will be at min. wage. and might not even be a full time position so yeah, I'm not as thrilled as most who are just happy about getting deals.

Mom, wife & couponer!! MiltonFreecycle's Avatar
    Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Yeah our Milton store is on the list. I'm somewhat surprised that it is but anything would be better then store. I don't like our Zellers here in town and rarely go there. I like the WalMart here, clean, nice and knowledgable staff, stocked shelves, etc. I hope the Target (if indeed it changes to a Target) will bring in some new staff, clean up both the store itself and its' inventory management to boost the competition here.

Looking forward to a change!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lisainhamilton View Post
    *sigh* the store I work at is becoming a Target.. and after what I'm hearing I wish it wasn't.. on one hand if I stay at Zellers I will be able to keep my job and stay at my pay rate but now that Target is taking over they are forcing everyone to reapply( which I agree will get rid of some dead weight but I for one am a hard worker and do my best for customers) while we are layed off during renos and if I do get hired back it will be at min. wage. and might not even be a full time position so yeah, I'm not as thrilled as most who are just happy about getting deals.
    That's too bad

I actually like shopping at Zellers too ..I have always had great service @ Zellers except for maybe in the Zellers Pharmacy section ..LOL ..the staff has been pretty nice to me @ the 2-3 Zellers that I sometimes go to

I've actaully found great clearance deals @ Zellers ..in fact much better than any other store I've been to , including Wal Mart .

Target might not be as great as people think when they come to Canada .. I don't think its going to be anywhere close to the Target in US ..just as Wal Mart Canada is nowhere close to US WM when it comes to deals , coupon policies , customer service etc .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    They will likely hire the majority of Zellers staff, I cannot image a name change will have the staffs attiudes change.
    The local Zellers stores I have been in the staff attitudes are...less than polite - to put it nicely. So, if Target does hire the Zellers staff it will be the same bad customer service, just under a different store name.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lisainhamilton View Post
    I also work for Zellers, and my store wasn't on the list and, the more I read about this deal the more I think I might be better off. There is no guarantee that just because a store is on the list that it will become a Target. It just means they own the leasing rights and could turn around and sell it to another American company. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'd love to have a JC Penney in Ottawa. My husband thinks its funny if Penny ended up working for JC Penney.

Purplechocolatecat-oholic Karabana's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

The only one near me (my work) is Square One, many Toronto one's aren't on the list. Too bad, although Zellers hasn't been the best place to shop, I found good deals sometimes, but Target prices aren't low either.

Swaggin is my madness: www.swagbucks.com/refer/Karabana
    ^Easy free stuff yo^!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    so sad! none in Moncton!
    I think the one here in Miramichi is gonna be a Target - I've seen signs in the store from Zellers workers asking for fairness when they staff. The staff at the Miramichi Zellers is so good, I hope they dont end up having to compete for their jobs (which many have been in for the past 15-20 years.).
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

Yay, one in my town (: thanks for sharing
    Looking for $1 off Pampers or Huggies wipes

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Just wanted to inform you guys that of the 220, Target sold 20 of those leases to Wal-Mart!
    e.g. Gerrard Square Zellers will in fact be a Wal-Mart

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Woohoo Mine is changing. Hopefully the do a reno, our Zellers is a dive and the staff needs to be re-trained on customer service for sure.
    Everytime I go there with a coupon--no matter which cashier I go to I get a hassle---they look at it, show it to the cashier beside double, triple check if they can take it--give me a break its not like I'm trying to pass off expired coupons--I check that before I go in the store.
    K thats my little rant----Super happy about Target though!!!

coupon freak
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

It will e interesting to see how they transform into Target...especially now that HBC is in talks to Bring Bloomingdales north too!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i hope some open in downtown toronto.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks, none in Moncton. Huh
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information