Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tenderflake pie crust just to brown and use for a chocolate pie

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Last night I made a batch of gluten free peanut butter cookies for me Today I'm going to make more bread today, the last batches didn't last long,darn kids and grandkids I haven't baked any deserts in a while either and I have a few pears that need to get used up in the next few days, so if I'm feel alright after the bread round, maybe I'll make a pear tart....hmmmm with homemade vanilla whipped cream.....never mind how I'm feeling, I want this tart NOW
    Zia_Stephie, ninna and glowworm2k like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I made banana muffins last night, and threw in a pint of blackberries. They are my son's fave, so I thought I'd give it a try - on one batch, they turned out quite 'blue-ish', so look really odd, but taste good. I'm not a fan of the big seeds, but they are my son's fave fruit.
    ninna and glowworm2k like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I hate it when berries turn the muffins a different color. When I add berries to a cake or muffins, I always get everything mixed up and in the pan or muffin tin, then I poke the berries in. I make bran muffins for my dh all the time and one in a while he likes blueberries in them. I stand there and poke 6 or 7 blueberries into each muffin tin filled with the batter. They never change color much that way, unless one bursts open while baking.
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I also made some garlic cheese biscuits for dinn tonight, my dh ate most of them. He was kind and let a few for my one grandson that I will babysit tomorrow afternoon.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Name:  IMG_7418.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7419.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  42.6 KB
    I made a vegan berry loaf this weekend for my bf.
    It was actually a regular muffin recipe that I tweaked to be egg and dairy free
    The end result was moist and yummy! I'll probably remake this sometime this week with better photos.
    I was going to take more detailed photos during the day...but it was all gone!
    Last edited by janetta; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling etc.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Janetta u r quite the cook , i remember u once mentioned that u post ur recipes in a blog, do u mind to share ?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last week, I made some chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting (found the recipe online). Mmmmmm!
    ninna likes this.
    Have you tried The Superpoints Network yet?
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/4b09xt
    Get 100 SuperPoints just for signing up using the above link!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I hate it when berries turn the muffins a different color. When I add berries to a cake or muffins, I always get everything mixed up and in the pan or muffin tin, then I poke the berries in. I make bran muffins for my dh all the time and one in a while he likes blueberries in them. I stand there and poke 6 or 7 blueberries into each muffin tin filled with the batter. They never change color much that way, unless one bursts open while baking.
    hmmm. That's pretty clever! I always try to fold the blueberries in the batter very gently at the end before I spoon the batter into the muffin tins. The problem that I have here isn't that the berries burst and the colour bleeds; rather, the berries invariably sink to the bottom of the bowl and I end up with 8 muffins that are loaded with berries (and they all sink to the bottom of the muffin) and 4 muffins that hardly have any berries in them at all. Maybe I'll try direct spooning next time. hehe "direct spooning." Now why does that sound almost a little dirty? LOL.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

The last two baking projects were a batch of almond cookies using the almond pulp leftover from almond milk-making (I hate to waste the stuff - too much nutrition to waste on the green bin!) and a batch of homemade hot pretzels made with a mix of whole wheat and rye flours - one of DH's favourites!

Tonight I have another batch of almond pulp so I think it will be an almond and fruit tart with frozen blueberries and some low-sugar peach preserves that I have in the fridge. Yum!
    Natalka and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I made a Mexican chocolate cake with my grandson today. It was funny to watch him take a bite.....it's made with a bit of cayenne pepper, he said....hmmmm it's.....hot, lol. I laughed so hard. I told him we had to ice it (he always wants to taste everything the minute I take it from the oven. After the icing was applied, it makes it not so spicy and he like it then, even asked to take the cake home so I gave it to him (although I saved a few pieces for dh as its his favorite cake)
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, May 2nd, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I made a Mexican chocolate cake with my grandson today. It was funny to watch him take a bite.....it's made with a bit of cayenne pepper, he said....hmmmm it's.....hot, lol. I laughed so hard. I told him we had to ice it (he always wants to taste everything the minute I take it from the oven. After the icing was applied, it makes it not so spicy and he like it then, even asked to take the cake home so I gave it to him (although I saved a few pieces for dh as its his favorite cake)
    You are such an awesome Grandma! Your grandson is one lucky little fella to be spending time baking with you!
    Natalka likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi!
    i baked visalus cookies this morning and ate 5 pieces.. it tasted so good!
    i'll bake again tomorrow!
    yummy!

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I made HEALTHY otatmeal chocolate chip cookies with vanilla protein!!! sooooo good! recipe can be found HERE
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I baked chocolate chip cookies last night but I added 3 huge spoonfuls of Nutella to the cookie dough and OMG delish
    Zia_Stephie really wants you as my swagbucks referral...PM me and I'll send you the link. Thanks!

Page 51 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread Information