User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Safeway free Pantene 2in1 and Crest prohealth for .35 each

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Expired on: Fri, May 11th, 2012
    I saw the safeways add for B1G1 pantene and realized our pg's had b1g1 coupons... and they had crest prohealth for b1g1 and we had $1 off coupons and safeways allows us to use a coupon on each item so the $2.69 for the 2 crests - 2X$1 off coupons out of the pg insert = .69 cents for 2 or .35 cents each.

For those that are confused about the B1G1 the store buys one and the manufacture buys the other making both free. Yayyyy free pantene is hard to come by.... please remember that coupon out of the pg insert is only good on the 2in1 shampoo plus conditioner.

The other deals i noticed were the clorox toilet bowl cleaner B1G1 sale and i had 2X$1 off coupons from inserts their regular price was $3.69 -2X$1 off coupons =1.69 then the buy one get one brings them down to .70 cents each
    Ivory body wash B1G1 with a regular price of $6.11 - 3 coupon =3.11 for 2... these bottles are BIG so 1.55 each is pretty cheap

Good luck & happy couponing!
    This thread is currently associated with: Safeway
    dahliagrower likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I noticed these deals too. Not sure if my Safeway will allow a coupon to be used on the free item though. Safeway does state that they will allow coupons on top of their "Club Safeway card" deals.So perhaps this will work. I am off to try tomorrow.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

Wow! Another awesome deal for you guys. Another perk to being out West. Maybe I should move... he he.
    missxhillary likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

you forgot the windex bogo too!! I plan on doing that one too I just wish Safeway would allow the b100g100 airmiles after coupons, oh well, can't win them all...yeah for free pantene, free windex and very cheap toilet bowl cleaner!
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

hmm, unfortunately coupons are not to be used on FREE items. Check out coupon policy number 4. Unless this has changed now? Or unless I'm understanding it incorrectly.

http://www.safeway.ca/pdfs/coupon_policy.pdf

Also the windex is one redemption per customer, which sucks.
    Last edited by littlebean; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

wish i had a safeway i went to go back to zellers to grab my free toothpastes they were $1, and i have x5 coupons for $1... of coarse it's not on sale anymore today. guess ill wait lol

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Safeways allows us to use coupons against a free club item... like against the crest.. we are allowed to use 2 coupons for 2 items. So ONLY because it is a card discount are we allowed to use a coupon against it.
    Here is the proof from further down in the policy:
    Coupon Stacking:
    Canada Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem more than one manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
    Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.

If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.

So only because it is taken off automaticly with the club card are we permitted to use a manufacture's coupon in conjunction. I sure hope that makes sence.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    hmm, unfortunately coupons are not to be used on FREE items. Check out coupon policy number 4. Unless this has changed now? Or unless I'm understanding it incorrectly.

http://www.safeway.ca/pdfs/coupon_policy.pdf

Also the windex is one redemption per customer, which sucks.
    LOL i have windex already .... i guess i over looked it because i am fully stocked

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Lucky u can use both coupons
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyN View Post
    Lucky u can use both coupons
    I so agree with that. This is common place in USA safeway stores and FYI our cards work down there too. I learned off a USA couponing site that explained it and then realized we can do it here too!

I am just so happy to share the info with you guys and thanks so much for asking the questions. It is so important to use our coupons correctly.
    karissadahl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

a little complicated, but makes sense! thanks so much for clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    Safeways allows us to use coupons against a free club item... like against the crest.. we are allowed to use 2 coupons for 2 items. So ONLY because it is a card discount are we allowed to use a coupon against it.
    Here is the proof from further down in the policy:
    Coupon Stacking:
    Canada Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem more than one manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
    Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.

If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.

So only because it is taken off automaticly with the club card are we permitted to use a manufacture's coupon in conjunction. I sure hope that makes sence.

LOL i have windex already .... i guess i over looked it because i am fully stocked
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

im still a little confused about it all, so for buying 1 i get 4 bottles because i use 2 b1g1 coupons?

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    I saw the safeways add for B1G1 pantene and realized our pg's had b1g1 coupons... and they had crest prohealth for b1g1 and we had $1 off coupons and safeways allows us to use a coupon on each item so the $2.69 for the 2 crests - 2X$1 off coupons out of the pg insert = .69 cents for 2 or .35 cents each.

For those that are confused about the B1G1 the store buys one and the manufacture buys the other making both free. Yayyyy free pantene is hard to come by.... please remember that coupon out of the pg insert is only good on the 2in1 shampoo plus conditioner.

The other deals i noticed were the clorox toilet bowl cleaner B1G1 sale and i had 2X$1 off coupons from inserts their regular price was $3.69 -2X$1 off coupons =1.69 then the buy one get one brings them down to .70 cents each
    Ivory body wash B1G1 with a regular price of $6.11 - 3 coupon =3.11 for 2... these bottles are BIG so 1.55 each is pretty cheap

Good luck & happy couponing!
    Just wanted to note that in the P & G that I have, the buy 1 get 1 free is good on the 2 in 1, shampoo or conditioner. A quick glance at it though looks like it is only for the 2 in 1.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponcrazy86 View Post
    im still a little confused about it all, so for buying 1 i get 4 bottles because i use 2 b1g1 coupons?
    I purchased 8 pantene today with 4 coupons and 4 tubes of crest prohealth with the 4 X$1 off crest coupons and paid $2.77 for over $56 in items and left with a till tape saying 98% savings. My cashier didn't even blink and she got all excited and said this is the deal of the day for sure!... i went to a second safeways because they didn't have the clorox bathroom cleaner i was looking for. I have no trouble at all using one coupon per product purchased. The clorox was b1g1 and i had $1 insert coupons and used one per item... i purchased 4 of them and used 4 X $1 coupons on them with no problem at all.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ok, i am soooo confuse still for the BOGO deal...how is that free where if i buy 1 (lets say for $2), i can technically get 4 for free right. so don't i still need to pay for the first one???

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by edmgal View Post
    ok, i am soooo confuse still for the BOGO deal...how is that free where if i buy 1 (lets say for $2), i can technically get 4 for free right. so don't i still need to pay for the first one???
    when its b1g1 you have 2 products and then you use 2 b1g1 coupons on those two products that your getting and you would get 2 more for free because of the coupon making it 4 in total and you only really bought 1 out of the 4 . hope that makes sense to you

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information