addicted to coupon trains couponkristin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Wow what a load of bahooey!

I don't care honestly if people think i'm poor because I use coupons. I know i'm not.
    These days any little bit of extra in savings is better then nothing.

Hmmn... if 2% only uses coupons then maybe the companies should just start mailing us 2% all of the coupons lol!

I think its a lot higher then 2% cause I've called some of those first 500 numbers within 5 minutes of being released and there already all gone no dice.

But on another note I know Chad use to be embarassed when I'd pull out my coupons, but now he realizes how much we do save and its cool to him!

I read a few other articles there and they seem to be pretty close minded.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Funny!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My dad won't even peel the 'save $1 now' coupon off the expensive pre-sliced deli cheese. Ugh! Even if I made enough money to be that big of a snob I wouldn't waste money like that. He's also the type that will only shop at Zehrs. Heaven forbid someone sees him pay 5cents for bags at No Frills!

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

What the...???

I don't care what people think about me when I use coupons!! I know I'm the one saving around 20-30$ a week on my grocery bill!!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lol we only shop at Zehrs! But we only have the option of Foodland, Food basics or zehrs

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I shop at Zehrs too sometimes, but not because I feel superior to the people who pay for bags!

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

I havent read the article yet but by your post sally it makes sense.... lol and the 2%... go figure. They should just send us all the coupons. I used to be embarassed before april to use a coupon until I came on here and realized how I was throwing my money away. Brad (my bf) wouldnt go with me last month and this month he wont stay home. It makes a big difference if you use them, especially if like me almost for everything bought!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That article is hilarious!!I love using my coupons and i have no problem whipping them out. I am very organized so it doesnt really take the cashier any additional time as long as they are educated on how to deduct them from my bill. My b.f. is uneasy about them but he always gets happy when we're heading to the car and i tell him that we just saved over $30.00. I actually think its silly that people dont use them cause they are just throwing money away. I will also say that it does take sosme time dedication to get the coupons or freebies but it is well worth it in the end. Americans are slowly catching on though cause i just saw the preview for oprah and it pretains to money saving ways and guess whats on it....you guessed it, coupon redemptions.

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

Maybe if we were all soo attractive .... whatever... i read the article now!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thank goodness I'm a total hottie and dont' need to worry about that stigma when I use my coupons....that is what the article was telling me, right? LMFAO!!!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So funny but kind of true!

I use to feel funny about using a coupon, sort of like saying that I couldn't afford to buy the item otherwise. This was when we were strapped, just starting out with the mortgage a couple of young kids and all the rest of the expenses of young couples just starting out. I guess it was too close to the truth for comfort

I am very happy to report that I have done a complete 180 and think that frugality is a virtue! It's funny that now that I can afford things more easily I am more concious of how hard we all work for our money, how hard it is to get ourselves established, how hard it is to provide for our kids and am much more careful to know my prices, get the best deal and if I can add a coupon or get optimum points or air miles on top all the better!

I do find that there are still a lot of people who find the use of coupons or loyalty programs distasteful. I sometimes tell friends about a great deal I got and they get that oh so polite smile, and then I know that they are not ready for it. Funny thing is I am in a better financial position than most of them. I tell them about it because I think they might be interested in doing the same.

To all of you ladies and gents in line ahead of me with your coupons I just want you to know that I am thinking "aren't you smart and would you mind telling me where you got the coupon"

Mom on a Mission
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

I think it's funny and true as well. I also wouldn't have been caught dead using a coupon last year. I was embarassed. Now I get a rush from it. I have a "guy" a walmart who is the cashier I always go to at night when I shop. we have a great routine and such lol. nice and quick. the other day he made a comment about how I had some items that I didn't have coupons for :lol he said he was surprised I was buying them cause usually I only buy what I have a coupon for lol. I said yes but I couldn't find a coupon for Gummy Bears and it's my bribe to my DH to keep him at home with the kids so I can focus lol

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ha , I have had cashiers ask me where I got the free coupon from. Don't feel guilty at all.

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What a bunch of rubbish!
    I feel like "SUCKER" to all those behind me without the coupon and paying full price!

I think in the US they may become a little more acceptable to coupons if their economy keeps going the way it is.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information