User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Hollyquaiscer - You Amaze Me!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I have been feeling so down in the dumps this whole week as I am finished my maternity leave and will be returning to work on Monday. I can't even imagine not spending every day with my LO. I got an envelope in the mail from hollyquaiscer today. When my DH handed me the envelope, I said, "Now that's strange, this is from one of my SCers. I don't even really know her that well." I was shocked to find a very touching letter telling me that she thinks -I'm- fabulous. (And a stack of wonderful coupons, of course!)

I have a confession. I really don't feel all that fabulous. When I heard that Holly was in the hospital, I asked that someone PM me her address so that I could send her a card - and then kept putting it off because I was too busy with Noah that day, or I hadn't been able to get to the store, or I was out of stamps. A few days turned into a week, a week turned into two, and I figured, "What's the point now?"

So Holly, I apologize for not sending that card, because you deserved that smile you gave me, far more than I did. And I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for making me feel like I am a true SCer, and not the interloper I often feel like.

-YOU- are the fabulous one!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

How about you are both quite fabulous and great friendly, active members of SC
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG. . . that's so lovely and sweet. There's no doubt we all feel that way about Holly but your post was very eloquent Ashokia. I have done that numerous times myself (bought a card for someone but not sent it) It's hard to be organised some times. . .but the fact that Holly sent you a note just goes to show (ALL of us) how much it means. . . .

It's a good reminder (to me especially) to send those notes and cards much more often.
    Thank-you both for the good lesson.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Awesome brag!

Happy Friday to you AND to hollyquaiser!
    Patty Smyth and hollyquaiscer like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    How about you are both quite fabulous and great friendly, active members of SC
    Thank you very much alicia! I have Social Anxiety Disorder, so I'm constantly worrying about what people think about me (and most often believing they think the worst!) so hearing that makes me feel really great!

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    OMG. . . that's so lovely and sweet. There's no doubt we all feel that way about Holly but your post was very eloquent Ashokia. I have done that numerous times myself (bought a card for someone but not sent it) It's hard to be organised some times. . .but the fact that Holly sent you a note just goes to show (ALL of us) how much it means. . . .

It's a good reminder (to me especially) to send those notes and cards much more often.
    Thank-you both for the good lesson.
    There will be a thank you card going out on Monday for sure! The PO box drop-off is on my way to work!

Quote Originally Posted by ninna View Post
    Awesome brag!

Happy Friday to you AND to hollyquaiser!
    Happy Friday to EVERYONE!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I just found this and read it. No need to thank me ashokia, I was happy to do it. I'm so happy that I was able to bring a little sunshine to your day. I know it can be the worst thing in the world to have to leave a little one to return to work, but you must remember that you are working to give this wonderful child all the things they need, deserve and want. You want to make your childs life the best you can. It just means that when you do have the time to spend with your child, it is all that more precious and wonderful. Most families have to have both parents working these days to make ends meet as it is so expensive to live. Just enjoy every minute you can with your family and live every day as if it were your last. Enjoy your coupons, and thank you so much for your response, it just shows how kind and what a wonderful person you are
    lotus, DiamondLil, aussie and 6 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Awww I love these posts the sender and receiver are BOTH AMAZING Sc'ers

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Aww! You guys are all so sweet. The kindness and love of the SC family sometimes makes me a little misty-eyed.... thanks to all of you for making SC the amazing place it is!!
    DiamondLil and KK7 like this.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

You are both wonderful! I know it'll be really hard to leave LO, but just stay strong. <3

Please don't ever doubt yourself as a person, you truly are a very kind thoughtful wonderful generous amazing person. When I was pregnant you sent me the most wonderful things for myself and Olivia, and made me cry (happy tears), and I didn't even know you at all! You've listened to my pregnancy rants/venting and was so helpful and honest about all sorts of questions I had about pregnancy/motherhood.

The things you do don't go unnoticed around here either ashokia! <3<3<3
    DiamondLil likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What a wonderfully uplifting post...I'm also guilty of buying or intending to make cards to send, yet give in to the many excuses I imagine I have....You and Holly have reminded me that even small gestures can bring big smiles...you're both amazing....!
    DiamondLil likes this.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Darn it people! You are making me cry! Thank you so much for those kind words.
    Shop Girl and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Awww...... You guys ROCK!!! ((((hugs))))
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ok you both are going to make me cry lol. hugs to you both and you guys are just great!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Busy two weeks at work means I am out of sc more than in, so was I ever glad that this was one of the threads I clicked on! Oh Ashokia, you are so very sweet to post what you did. Thanks for giving me my " humpday " goosebumps, lol!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

This is such a nice thread! You guys are awesome!
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information