User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Attention DIY Fanatics!!! What is your latest project?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

SO yesterday I painted Kiera's room. I had been picking up things here and there for her for about a month and promised as soon as I was done with the kitchen I would do her room. Yesterday stripped the room down, took off the old wallpaper border and painted a new pink that looks like bazooka gum. Got her new curtains up ($10 a panel, curtain rod $10), paint 2 gallons that were on sale $25 each. decals for the wall $27, chandelier on sale $57, and the rest was stuff she had. I have a wallpaper border ($75 3 rolls) that will go up when the paint cures for a week.

I still have to put her bedspread back on it's in the laundry but at least she only slept on the living room floor on her matress for one night.

Her little bookcase was on clearance at WM for $10.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sat, May 5th, 2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: i cannot spell

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Patty love the bedroom so pretty. My DH & I are working on 2 rooms it has taken at least 2 months we are at the end will post pictures soon but in the meantime DH made these wind chimes for me today the spoons are hammered flat the idea was taken out of Coup De Pouce magazine.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

a few finishing touches added
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

gosh, and i thought i was gonna be doing some major reno-ing just by painting kitchen cabinets this summer lol!

congrats to everyone for going all out and redoing so much. i feel all hot and tired just looking at the pics!
    oscarandme likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Beautiful Patty!!!

I've been looking at the following wall decals from Sears for my own walls.......they're just so pretty! lol

http://www.sears.ca/product/umbra-se...186437-470040-

Here's a link that shows some of the other kinds they have if anyone's interested! I think the chrome ones look really nice too......and not a bad price at all.
    http://www.sears.ca/catalog/wall-dec...1171#guidedNav

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Patty you do great work the Kitchen looks fantastic, and the bedroom I am jealous of pink is my favourite colour and if I could talk my husband in to it, I think maybe I would paint the walls the exact colour

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Wow Patty, that's a lot of work for one day! Love that chandelier, I always thought if I'd had a little girl I would have a chandelier too. With two boys that is not likely to happen. LOL

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I love this thread. We really do need a house and garden section.
    When I was a kid I came home from school one day and my room was totally pink! What a surprise, I loved it!

I have been working on reno's at my mom's house since february.
    Made a mantle for the fireplace out of crown moldings. Stained it cherry to match. Turned out really good (shock)

Working on the kitchen now, painted the walls and cabinets, changed the hardware and laid a new floor. Just working on a backsplash, and it should be done in the next week or so.

I tell my mom, why pay someone to do a lousy job, when I can screw it up for free. haha
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well we did 2 rooms the living room and the hallway,check out the old fashion door knobs. after pictures and before pictures.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Patty,
    I love your idea of putting the stuffies above the window valance. You can still see them, but they don't get in the way. For the most part, I find if there is a dedicated place for things, you stand a greater chance of keeping the room tidy.

I need to paint our daughter's room soon...it's a beautiful serene blue right now, but she is antsy for change. I put her off a few years ago when her paint choice was navy blue, but now she wants a more sedate greyish purple. I had visions of having to fix the navy once she tired of it...

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Patty,
    I love your idea of putting the stuffies above the window valance. You can still see them, but they don't get in the way. For the most part, I find if there is a dedicated place for things, you stand a greater chance of keeping the room tidy.

I need to paint our daughter's room soon...it's a beautiful serene blue right now, but she is antsy for change. I put her off a few years ago when her paint choice was navy blue, but now she wants a more sedate greyish purple. I had visions of having to fix the navy once she tired of it...
    Hehe, my son's room is two walls navy, two walls lime green; both were my choice when he was one year old. I'm not sure How much work I'm in for when I repaint (before his brother and their new twin bed both move in later this year). Will be interesting for sure!

I've tried to post pics of my kitchen, but they are still coming out huge. Going to investigate that.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    WHY can't we have a Home & Garden thread? It's such a nuisance to look for that "craft" thread each time we want to share something....yes, it's not often a chatty thread but good " finds" are worth sharing and keeping in one place for our convenience of finding them again.....PLEASE?
    Ok I am obviously slow but who do we have to harass (lovingly) about getting a Home and Garden section on here?
    anisa and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Patty, Kiera's room looks amazing. I just love the light fixture, so fitting for a little princess. Very nice pink colour too. Did you make that bookshelf? It sort of looks like an old doll house. Very nice job, you are so talented my dear
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

No I wish I could take credit for the bookcase. We were in Walmart a while back and they were renovating and the manager was in the back giving frantic directions and this this was $100(YIKES!!!) and I said how much he said $10 I said to Larry grab it and run!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    No I wish I could take credit for the bookcase. We were in Walmart a while back and they were renovating and the manager was in the back giving frantic directions and this this was $100(YIKES!!!) and I said how much he said $10 I said to Larry grab it and run!
    Nothing like being at the right place at the right time, Patty.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information