User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Safeway free Pantene 2in1 and Crest prohealth for .35 each

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

went again to safeway today to use my bogo pantene... wouldn't let me get it because they were already bogo so i can't get them both for free. i don't have the patience or time to argue so i just had them take it off my bill. the annoying part is that it takes them forever to figure out what to do and in the end I didn't even get them! so annoyed!!! found another deal thanks to another scer-always pads: on bogo, use $1 off any and get 2 packs for $2.97 including tax, cheaper if you live in AB They are reg $4.39 at safeway, which I would never pay, but $1.50 with tax is a pretty good deal.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I just got home from SW and picked up 4 bottles of Windex for free, so happy thats the first time I have gotten anything from SW for free unless it was a FPC

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

No luck for me. I might try another safeway this week.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

[QUOTE=pamjcoupon;4671798]went again to safeway today to use my bogo pantene... wouldn't let me get it because they were already bogo so i can't get them both for free. i don't have the patience or time to argue so i just had them take it off my bill. the annoying part is that it takes them forever to figure out what to do and in the end I didn't even get them! so annoyed!!! QUOTE]

ah man, try again this week!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Went today and got 4 Pantene's for free + taxes...the gentleman cashier was really friendly!
    He scanned everything first then I gave him the Safeway card and coupons...he had to check the price of the Pantene, so had to scan and then printed out a cash register receipt..looked at the receipt, and said, oh, that's why, it's already B1G1....then, proceeded to credit 2 x $5.49. Then he also told..on a hush, hush that they are now accepting internet coupons (he was saying they never did before, which I didn't know)...so there yah go....a success and a very happy customer here.
    Last edited by kk008; Tue, May 8th, 2012 at 01:50 AM.

mandy541
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I had no luck at the Langley (willow brook) Safeway today the cashier looked at me like I was crazy to even consider using a coupon on an already bogo deal. Worse was that I got 'free' milk with the buy 3 kellogs promotion and it never even came off the bill

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy541 View Post
    I had no luck at the Langley (willow brook) Safeway today the cashier looked at me like I was crazy to even consider using a coupon on an already bogo deal. Worse was that I got 'free' milk with the buy 3 kellogs promotion and it never even came off the bill

They have a coupon at cash or service desk for that or get your own coupon from the flyer. Take your receipt back, get cash or a free Milk for it.
    BOGO+BOGO should work. Tell them to read their coupon policy and that many of your friends are doing this deal.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

mandy541
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Thanks for letting me know JadeDragon. I will head back this afternoon to get a credit back for my milk!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I went to my local SW today and spoke to the store manager, I explained what I wanted to do and he said it was alright, Just make sure that I stay within the free limit....so I did. I got 6 windex, 8 pantene, 2 clorox toilet gel and 2 Crest 3Dwhite all for $3.49 So it seems again that some are doing it and some are not, the same as at RCSS with the combination of the 2 coupons.
    scbpooh likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thats great, I thought about calling them myself, but I'm trying to get my head around this concept, not sure where to start when I talk to them. Any ideas?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sean0213 View Post
    Thats great, I thought about calling them myself, but I'm trying to get my head around this concept, not sure where to start when I talk to them. Any ideas?
    Let me know if you have any luck. Maple Ridge denied me a few days ago. I was thinking of heading to coquitlam on thursday.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    OK here is how it works... it took some research so i can explain it... safeways tills see's the total items purchased and you don't give them your club card until the end.

When you ring in your pantene and 2 are on the bill both ring up on the till at a big total... so we are in fact being charged for 2... then we use the coupon and it takes off 1 pantene and the store looks at total number of items purchased when you ring in your card and takes off the second item making both free. The reason we get both free is because we initially get charged for BOTH items on our till tape and they are not free until we use the club card... That is in fact the perk of being a member and they get full rembursement for both items.

If the till tape gave a automatic discount to every person that walked in the store we would be trying to use a coupon on a free item. Instead the till rings up each and every item at full price and that makes our coupon use legitimate. The only place we should be running into trouble is when our coupons exceed the amount of the product and then it is company policy to reduce the coupon's value making the item free with no overage.
    +1

I'll add thought that if you leave the club card to the end and hand in a FPC first the casher may give you credit for the higher priced product (comes off the bottom as a coupon), than you give club card and get the club card discount too giving you overage. Clerk writes retail price on coupon for reimbursement and store gets paid full price for the coupon. I watched a manager tell the clerk to use the higher price several times.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDragon View Post
    +1

I'll add thought that if you leave the club card to the end and hand in a FPC first the casher may give you credit for the higher priced product (comes off the bottom as a coupon), than you give club card and get the club card discount too giving you overage. Clerk writes retail price on coupon for reimbursement and store gets paid full price for the coupon. I watched a manager tell the clerk to use the higher price several times.

LOL, thats just adding confusion to already confused people. I think we should just stick to how to explain a BOGO, not introduce FPC's as well. A BOGO is not an FPC. I think that's where people are getting confused, that is a totally different issue that this.
    I think cheekysaver has done a wonderful job of explaining it, at least I sort of got the gist of it
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I went last night, cashier wasnt sure so shoved me off to CS and she said we are not supposed to but I will lol ok then. Got 4 shampoo 4 conditioner and 4 windex...only had 2 windex cpns, DH was supposed to get 4 but it was extremely hot in the store and could not stick around..man it was soo hot in there! I got 8 more cpns for pantiene but not sure it i should go for it...it is a main thing in this house as like anyone elses, so the more the better I say. More to spend on stuff the kids need. Should I go for it? which stores in winnipeg are actually allowing it with no fuss?

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    LOL, thats just adding confusion to already confused people. I think we should just stick to how to explain a BOGO, not introduce FPC's as well. A BOGO is not an FPC. I think that's where people are getting confused, that is a totally different issue that this.
    I think cheekysaver has done a wonderful job of explaining it, at least I sort of got the gist of it
    Yes it is a different issue if you have a FPC and use it on a $ off sale. However, if the product is on store sale and store BOGO like the shampoo was for me and you hand in a Mfg BOGO you may get overage if they key it correctly. Crazy huh! I would not ask for it - that would really confuse the cashier, but if it happens I'm all smiles.
    Last edited by JadeDragon; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 04:45 AM.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information