User Tag List

Photo Obsessed
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello!
    Long-time stalker, first time poster

I was wondering what folks here thought of the selection for daily deal sites in/around Montreal (I guess this could include Quebec city and Ottawa as well)? Compared to other cities in Canada?

Needless to say, Tuango and Groupon bring some heavy-duty deals to the table, but otherwise I tend to get lost in the flurry of (insertnamehere).ca websites available. Anything out there that's more substantial or original? Where can the best deals be found?

Any advice/feedback would be great, thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by Leftimage; Thu, May 10th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I've had great experiences with team buy
    They sometimes have promo codes, and they have a really great customer service team.
    I find they always have great deals for restaurants whereas the other sites are more vacations/beauty.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

There's a lot of daily deal group.
    Use those one to see a lot of them:

blist.ca
    onespout.com
    dealivery.ca
    dailydealzone.com
    mydealbag.com

Now, I think you're in business with this.

Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage View Post
    Hello!
    Long-time stalker, first time poster

I was wondering what folks here thought of the selection for daily deal sites in/around Montreal (I guess this could include Quebec city and Ottawa as well)? Compared to other cities in Canada?

Needless to say, Tuango and Groupon bring some heavy-duty deals to the table, but otherwise I tend to get lost in the flurry of (insertnamehere).ca websites available. Anything out there that's more substantial or original? Where can the best deals be found?

Any advice/feedback would be great, thanks
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Photo Obsessed
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for feedback guys. I actually visited a friend of mine today who was 'in the closet' in regards to his daily deal addiction. Well he had his coming out today when I asked him the same question I asked above.

He mentioned most of those you all noted, but was also really excited about this new company he read about in the Metro Newspaper called Yingo.ca

I think it's Quebec-based, and seems to have just launched (they haven't sold much yet). The part that got my attention was regarding their formula. apparently 10% of every purchase goes to a well established charity (I forgot who this month was but I saw Heart and Stroke Foundation had been mentioned on the Metro paper he showed me.)

I guess I'll stick to the major players until these guys start getting their mojo on. Definitely a sweet initiative. Daily deal lovers becoming charity lovers would definitely be huge, specially given how addicted to deals Canadians seem to be..hehe.

Annie, thanks for onespout.ca, it has a really pleasant layout!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hiya,

I have two more to add to the list:

http://astralradiodeals.com - this is owned by Astral Radio, the company that owns several radio stations in Quebec. It's actually a weekly deal site, the deals go on sale each Wednesday at 10am, and are on a first come first served basis. I believe your coupon will be mailed to you.

www.themegacatch.com/deal/montreal/ - this one is owned by Transcontinental media, which is the same company that publishes a lot of magazines and local newspapers. They rarely have anything that is for Montreal, but now and then they have a really good deal (bought Cinema Guzzo passes last year, 4 for $22 - that's an amazing deal!)

Also, you should really read all the fine print before purchasing anything.
    I recently purchased a deal for laser treatments. and while I read everything carefully, and I was certain that I would need additional laser treatments that were not covered by the coupon I purchased, I was a little surprised when I was charged a $50 File Opening Fee. Even more surprised when I saw the actual file, it was used, they put a sticker to cover the previous person's name and write my own. $50 for a used file folder. So really, the money I saved by buying this coupon, I was being charged in absurd fees.

Also, there is was a post in the Review section of SC (can't find it anymore). The buyer bought several TeamBuy coupons for a restaurant that ended up closing before all the buyer's coupons were used. TeamBuy would only offer a credit for future TeamBuy purchases, they wouldn't refund the money. So yet another thing to beware of.

Thread Information