User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ardene Canada Reviews (in-store)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had a bad experience today at Ardenes. -.-

Sales person was extremely rude. I was buying 3 pairs of leggings for 10 bucks. (we'll see how they hold up...) and at the cash I asked if the store was offering double discounts for SPC. She actually laughed at me with that "Uh, no.." Look. I explained that today is National Shopping Day for SPC, and she was like..."Uh..well...like...not here".

I was just wondering...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For anyone seeking information please note that the past employee who posted near the start of the thread was employed by Ardene before 2007. Thankfully ALOT has changed! (staff does not make the grab bags anymore, head office makes them and they are all newer product most come in plastic wrapping) I worked in the company from 06-10 was hired in as management, I to am from oshawa and worked in three different locations in durham and the GTA in order to train staff, that and I like to move alot.
    I peirced ears and trained and delt with the health inspector when she would visit which was often!
    someone who posted before me said the guns are not cleaned often? and small micros which I guess she meant skin particles or blood could be shot into the gun.
    This is disgusting and incorrect, do you honestly think the health department would allow those guns to be on the market?
    A plastic disposable casset is placed over the guns firing chamber and when the gun fires the impact aims away from the guns components.
    as far as not being cleaned goes, thats disgusting, wrong and you all should have been let go if the gun wasn't being cleaned daily.

NOW!
    CLEARLY everyone knows the product is from, over seas countries, manly China, Bangladesh and Taiwan, some from the Philippians also.
    YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET!
    The clothing is ALOT better then what it was, sad they took out the JR line. and locations such as the pickering town centre ARE NOT wheelchair or stroller accessible.
    Rude staff? Honestly, I know what everyone is talking about! I believe in customer service and sadly the temptation of waiting for the manager to leave is over ruled by the girls standing around chatting, trying things on, not saying hello or following up with people, this is a problem for the customers and for the stores theft numbers.

The company needs to work on training the managers to be PROPER supervisors! Managers (I was 18 when I was thrown into the mess) as young as I was with little experience are given heavy work lodes and staffed with young girls and lets face it! Thats a BAD mix when there is no proper management training! DON'T GET ME WRONG! I have lucked out and I was placed with an amazing manager but she didn't learn her skills from Ardene, she learnt from the job before Ardene. The staff is a reflection of the manager....

I hope someone from head office sees this and enforces some PROPER training for their managers, because while I was there I seen DISGUSTINGLY horrible things.
    Girl tormenting each other, gaining up on one another, stealing, gossiping, having their cellphones on the floor texting when the managers would leave for the night.

Head office can be a nightmare to deal with, but...oh well...I left the company to find a higher paying job, managers make 12.50 assistants make 11.50 third keys make 10.75 I do believe and sales associates makes min wage.

This job is perfect if you love fashion...anyone starting a job at ardene read CAREFULLY.
    and this is not to be rude or negative, its VERY true for ardene and life aswel.

WORK IS WORK, MAKE FRIENDS OUT SIDE OF WORK AND STAY FOCUSED! this job is so much fun if you focus on customer service and not on what gossip the store 'hater' has for you today.

OH PS ...a student price card is 10 % off and 20 % off on special days usualy twice a year (the store SHOULD post signs and yes all ardenes partake) BUT why do that when you can get a FREE ardene VIP card which saves you 15% all the time! just go to ardenes website.
    KAT_5998 likes this.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

i just bought the cutest pair of shoes there and 3 winter hats. one hat had the pom pom come off of it the first time i wore it [!!!] but honestly, i was going to take them off anyway so i didn't complain. it did make me wonder about the quality. i don't think the shoes will last but i got them for only special occasions in the spring/summer so i'm not worried.

honestly, i really like the store. next christmas, i will go back and pick up some pretty costume jewelry for the girls in my family to add into their gifts.

one thing i will agree with is the terrible customer service. i had a question, asked a girl if she could help and she said "yeah, just a sec." and then walked away and never came back. then i had to wait at the counter for 5 minutes while she chatted with the other worker before she would come over and ring me through.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

you certainly do get what you pay for with these stores.if you are looking for fun earrings to wear to the bar or something,yeah for sure.don't be expecting family heirlooms.i love their headbands,thier rings,hair bows,etc.im not expecting a necklace to last more than a few nights out,at best.

as someone who knows what can happen if you get pierced by a gun which isnt even recommended by most doctors...don't.no matter where you go.i have ruined my ear lobes from this.luckily i went into an actual piercing studio and payed a little more and got mine done with the needles.this is in my opinion the best way to go.no you wont end up with a huge hole if you are thinking of those people with stretched out ears.it does heal over if you dont want it anymore.i have had my lip pierced,eyebrow,ears,etc done this way.took my lip one out and there is a tiny indent where it used to be. my mom pierced my ears when i was a baby,something i dont agree with doing,but to each their own,and it got infected over and over again until my mom figured out i was allergic to anything non surgical steel/gold/platinum.

anyhow,out of all of these stores i prefer one called excetera.it is in most malls i think,and their jewellery is better quality.just based off my own testing.i wear costume jewellery alot and this has lastest longest.staff are nice there too.i also find the staff at claires to be hit and miss.same goes here.the kingsway mall ardenes in edmonton has awesome staff.i guess it just varies

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The the sales ladies i've seen have been rude, so I just don't shop there anymore, I go to Icings instead
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i like icing as well.girls are so nice there

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've never really liked ardenes stores. There is literally wall-to-wall stuff, it's so hard to walk in there.

The employee who thinks guns are clean is misinformed. They can be cleanED, but they are not clean, nor are they a good way to pierce anything. I have 2 sets of lobe piercings in my ears, I got both done at ardene stores when I was 12/13, the woman did not even wear gloves and one of the times, she didn't swab my ear with cleaning solution before, either. My mother did not know how bad that was at the time, or she wouldn't have let it happen. Don't let an untrained piercer touch you or your child. It'll cost you a few dollars more to visit a pro, and you can guarantee they'll do it right.

As for the other items there, I like cheap costume jewelry, so I'm alright with that if I can get it dirt cheap. Anything aside from that I don't feel is worth buying, the bags and shoes fall apart, and the clothes aren't that great.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I work at an Ardenes and we are very, very clean when we do piercings, and most of us treat our customers well. ( I say most because there are 2 people who are rude, and just don't seem to get it)

I think it all depends on how the staff are trained. If the manager doesn't do their job and train their staff properly, then of course they aren't going to do their job right.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anybody know what Ardene's return policy is? I bought sweatpants that fit perfectly, but I prefer them looser. The bottom of the receipt says only exchanges in 14 days, but for some reason they stamped a gigantic "Final Sale" on the receipt without telling me. Do you think I can exchange them for a different size?
    Join SwagBucks! You actually get free stuff for basically doing nothing!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mazin

Cheap books: http://www.bookmob.ca/track/CC030293 Register & get 5% off!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

These days the only thing I buy from Ardenes are sunglasses, belts and possibly socks (don't last long at all but I just love the wacky designs and colours!) The staff . . . well they just don't pay any attention to the customer unfortunately, but I have never had one be outright rude to me, just dismissive lol.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am very unhappy with the service I recently received at an Ardene store in the mall in Grand Falls-Windsor. I recently purchased a swimsuit top, and not having enough time to try it on at the store, I was disappointed when I tried to exchanged it and was told no! The tags where still intact and I had my receipt showing it was purchased just hours before. I had no idea that I could not exchange a swimsuit top with the tags still on it, as my receipt wasn’t stamped ‘final sale’ nor was I told by the cashier that it was a final sale upon its purchase. If I had been told it was final sale I would not have bought it at that time. The back of my receipt states that it is final sale for underwear and earrings, but does not mention swimwear.

Also, I decided while there that I still wanted the swimsuit, and decided to buy it again in a larger size. I took it to the dressing room to try it on, and I felt that I was being stalked by the cashier I had talked to. After I took the larger swimsuit off the rack, she followed me around the store and stood beside me with her arms folded while I shopped for other items, and waited a short distance outside the dressing room while I tried on the second swimsuit top. I felt ashamed and uncomfortable though I had done nothing wrong! I understand that you do not want people stealing from the store, and I would understand her keeping an eye on customers to make sure that they pay for their items, but I can’t understand her following around behind me, an action that was noticed not only by me, but by fellow shoppers who mentioned it to me after I had bought my goods and was heading out of the store. It was a humiliating experience.

I am completely disappointed and upset with the service I received and I would not recommend this store to anyone.

*** FURTHERMORE, I emailed the above to ardene customer service. They ignored me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, the worker very rude, worse one at the Whitby mall, never shop there again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, those young workers are so rude, i had a very bad experience at the whitby mall, i was chosing my size of the pants, i made a little mess, one worker came and very rude told me there was no size for me, i said sorry to her because i was trying find my size and she told loudly " dont touch the pants, otherwise she is going to call police" OMG ... What i did wrong? That young worker think the police is ging to look after this kind of thing?? ignorant !! Those young girls need to do better training before work at store, i bet someday Ardene will go bankrupt just like zellers, bad stuffs and bad staffs poor poor poor, never shop Ardene anymore!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I can't even go inside that store because the "off-gassing" smell from the cheap plastic gives me a headache. Anyone else notice this?
    Candini likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

honestly, i highly doubt ardene will ever go bankrupt. i worked at an ardene. have you been to the any of the outlets lately? no matter how badly you trash their company, there will always be a pretty good portion of customers lining up to buy ardene jewelry, footwear, jeans, tops, etc ... because it's a good bargain. i mean their outlets have jewelry, hair accessories and socks for $10 when you buy 10 items. that makes it $1 per item and Ardene STILL makes a profit. darn that's better than the dollar store deals!

as for the "bad customer service"... yeah i agree, there are some sales working there who have horrible service. but if you're making a PILE of mess and expect to be treated friendly, you better think twice. ONE, how do the sales know if you're not purposely making a mess to divert their attention and steal from them. TWO, do you have ANY idea how disrespectful you are when you make a mess that these sales ladies spend triple the time you needed to make that mess to tidy it back up? yeah they're paid to do their job, but they're not paid enough to be disrespected like that. that store is not a flea market. if you need help finding a size, then just ask - assuming you know how to speak - 95% of the time, they'd rather you ask them to help you find a size than to create a big mess.

as for Final Sale items, assuming you can read, every cash counter there's a mat that states in very clear printing that certain items are final sale. if i remember correctly, it'd be the 10/$10, 50% off and more discounted items, bathing suits, undergarments and body jewelry. these things are clearly stated. i'm sorry you weren't observant when they cashed you out and/or you weren't told - the sales fault for not telling you. but honestly, it's widely known and it makes sense that swim suits are final sale and not exchangeable or returnable. i mean swim suits and undergarments are personal goods that are not resellable. how would you feel if I bleed all over the swim suits while my time-of-the-month came and it didn't fit me so I washed it, stick the tags back on as if I never wore it and returned it to the store so you be coincidentally buying it next? wouldn't you be grossed out?

and frankly, it seems to me people ranting on here have never worked much in retail but have many opinions of an ideal friendly customer service-oriented store. if there were just as many kindhearted customers with that same reciprocal attitude, it would be more ideal and less ranting from both sides - the sales and the customers.
    Last edited by tsem2; Fri, Mar 29th, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    improperganda likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information